Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For the love of god give us your car. We take every kind of car in existence Volvos, old Volvos... Please just give us your car or I will die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

lol they literally did this

Can you tell me which episode this is? because this sounds hilarious and I want to listen to it tomorrow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

It's almost beat by beat what happened, lol.

It's called Words You Can't Say, Episodes 637.

That's when I learned Ira Glass is over 50 loving years old wtf.

:cool: thanks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

uh oh sanders just introduced a medicare for all bill in the senate with like a dozen cosponsors

*airs discussion panel of 2 people talking to each other about why it's unrealistic and fairy dusting without inviting on any pro-medicare for all voice*

This. I listen to NPR every day but their blatantly dismissive attitude towards everything Sanders is loving obnoxious.

The worst was some panel a couple of weeks ago talking about the democratic candidates and when Sanders came up, literally the entire panel was like "noooo. To old. We don't need another old man president hahahah" and then capped it off with some woman saying "and I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to Hillary and it's his fault that Trump is President" :fuckoff:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Counterpoint, Billy Bob is acting like a huge bitch baby and he’s out of his mind thinking that anyone on earth cares about his rockabilly band for any reason other than his celebrity status. Still a classic interview though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Relayer posted:

you seem pretty mad about npr

Also sounds like he's probably never listened to NPR tbh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NPR sure talks about video games a lot lately.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol NPR has a wine club called “All Grapes Considered” now. Every time they say it on the radio I want to punch my steering wheel .

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

She looks like an old NPR lady.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My local affiliate is sponsored by Wolf Child Psychology and every time an ad underwriter credit comes on for them, I'm like :hellyeah: and then I remember that it is just the guy's name.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wait wait and prairie home companion are the soundtrack in hell.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like when nasally white women on NPR bust into thick accents to say a single word. It's like my mom in a mexican/chinese restaurant except it makes my mom sound racist and these ladies sound woke for some reason.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even when it was still airing, they would still run old reruns all of the time. It took me years to realize they were reruns, and for the longest time I just thought that NPR listeners all just drove ancient cars.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I used to play a game where I'd try to guess if the caller had a Saab or a Volvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NPR literally cannot shut the gently caress up about this 16 year old swedish climate change girl for months now. Like, it's cool that kids care about climate change, but why are they acting like kid that talks like a robot is the messiah? it's weird as gently caress