Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Can someone remind me who that reporter woman with the extremely annoying voice was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

a dingus posted:

I'm ZooooOOOoy Chaaaeeese and this is a story abowut how my accent relates to [identity label 1], [gender] and connecting to your [identity label 2].

Hmmm, maybe i should have read the page

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Upon further research, it's definitely Zoe Chase

what the gently caress even is that accent?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Typical boomer, honestly, completely incapable of doing her job, but keeps getting cortoroid shots straight in her neck so she can take a job away from a non-corpse American

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jernesto Chihuahua-Chompiras reporting in live from the GOP caucus meeting on "Are Concentration Camps Good?"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
NPR, officially sponsored by the SuccDem foundation

I stopped listening to NPR when they had a 10 minute story about some lady battling her HOA to let her hang clothing outside

We were right in the middle of the Benghazi scandal, and they spent all that time on some dippy democrat who thought she was saving the world by dry hanging her clothes as she lives in her gated community and commutes 1 hour to her job at the corporate marketing capitalism machine

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

okay I'm no big fan of either major American political party but I've been dying to ask this of someone who uses the term "succdem":

what proportion of the American electorate do you see as your enemy

and does that figure fill you with despair

America is the enemy, pal

The whole shebang

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you didn't answer the second question

The only things I'm afraid of is clowns and rollercoasters

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm so glad NPR is talking to Tucker Chudderson; he's one of the good republicans, he only wants to kill illegals, and not gays also

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
shhhhhheeeeeeeeeeit

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Breakfast All Day posted:

It's because the mythical Conflicted Republican is the only person who could every be swayed by their reporting, which would make it meaningful and progressive, rather than the status quo apologia/reinforcement it is.

But ultimately it's because they're all petit boug ivy league grads who have never existed in the world outside of the political/media class so only have the clumsy lens of liberal critique which is doomed to credulity and constant surprise at every fractal feature of the world because there's no structural theory to build a better, predictive model (because then you'd have to talk about class, capitalism, ideology, etc.).

My favorite bald-faced example of the credulous naivety (not the ideological blindness) is still near the end of Serial season 1 Adnan having to yell at Sarah Koenig that she doesn't know him, because after working on the story for years she's completely oblivious to him being a compulsive liar. Even he's tired of her getting confused by every detail. And she still doesn't get it, and takes it to be him calling out something about her relationship to the story or some poo poo (because in the end for all of these NPR journos it's about ~~their journey~~).

"Geez lady, you know I'm full of poo poo, right?"

"Was this his way of saying id never inderstand his struggle?"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

He 100% did it

Now, I don't think he got a fair trial, on account of his lawyer being a moron, the cops having a lot of circumstantial evidence, and the overt racism of the case

But, yeah, he for sure murdered that girl

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best thing about Car Talk is that both those dudes actually hated cars, lmao

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I listened to 2 episodes of season 3 and didn't get poo poo out of it. It's basically a white lady being like, "Wow, did you guys know that the poor are getting hosed by the system??"

No poo poo, lady, welcome to America.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
have we said Nice Polite Republicans yet?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
RIP to the only good thing NPR ever had on

https://jalopnik.com/car-talks-long-goodbye-1833728790?utm_source=pocket-newtab

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Blast of Confetti posted:

car talk was good even if you dont like cars because they were having a blast and were funny which is rare for npr

And they hated cars, which is hilarious

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm cokie roberts

you can tell i'm a secret republican by my retarded name

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hi, I'm Dougwell Maxim at NPR, to tell you all about the wonderful things Capitalist has done for you! Here with me is Kitty Spankleford