Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I know this comes up a lot, but imagine back in Season 1 pre-Turn Turn Turn, thinking "Grant Ward shows up? Only if we're lucky."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Erev posted:

So, Cater tie-in confirmed. Almost guaranteed return to the main Cinematic Universe by the end of the series (say last three episodes to give them time for one last great hurrah to prevent the Chronicoms from breaking Real Earth(tm)). Rumors of Quake in A5 and there being a SWORD thing planned (live action show?) What else do we know or suspect?

Guesses:
More SHIELD personnel get seeded throughout movies (background or cameo level - maybe Phil with a bit more to mess with Thor) or as seed characters to help new shows find their footing.
May as something more cause Disney Legend.
Quake giving a shot at a non-Royal family Inhumans reboot.
Grant Ward shows up for old times sake.

Wishes:
The return of the Koenigs.

Any sources for those rumors? Not the guesses, I get that they're guesses.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah I haven’t heard the daisy / quake rumour not that I’d complain

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Agent Carter tie is is all over - hard to choose a source. Souza is going to be returning at a minimum. While I would like to say that this implies Carter SHIELD did give us 'just Sif' once for a Thor tie in.

Looking deeper into it SWORD seems to come from Wandavision - I haven't been following that as close as I should but SHIELD alternate 1950s white picket fence reality perhaps? Two vehicles were photographed at a distance with SWORD logos.

The Quake bit I mostly got from social media buzz but the only articles I can find are some blog and Screen Rant soooo.... wishful thinking seems most likely?

And, admittedly, the return to the MCU is a guess but I feel a rather solid one. They aren't using MCU timetravel after all so Stark's theory doesn't matter - and even if it did Cap got back somehow. Magic space rock samples could fit the bill. And I feel that the writers would want to hitch the horse back up to the wagon as well as make those characters available - I mean they've worked with those folks for years so why not give them an outside chance at a movie or follow up show?

Edit: I suck at linking images so I tossed it. Search Wandavision SWORD and image search should have the trucks.

Erev fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 19, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Slashrat posted:

The greatest thing would be if they somehow showed the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 of Agent Carter as being the work of the time-traveling Chromicons and made this season work as the final season of Agent Carter too.
I'm intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Erev posted:

And, admittedly, the return to the MCU is a guess but I feel a rather solid one. They aren't using MCU timetravel after all so Stark's theory doesn't matter - and even if it did Cap got back somehow. Magic space rock samples could fit the bill. And I feel that the writers would want to hitch the horse back up to the wagon as well as make those characters available - I mean they've worked with those folks for years so why not give them an outside chance at a movie or follow up show?
The thing preventing this, more than anything else, was a dick-measuring contest between Feige and Loeb, so hopefully Feige isn't anything like Vince McMahon and understands that that IP is now his to play with. And he included Jarvis in Endgame, so it's definitely possible, whether or not its probability is in question.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 19, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
But Ward is appearing in the greater MCU.

He's the villain in Black Widow :)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Chloe Bennett is very pretty and would fit really good in the bigger MCU. I hope she tags along with Coulson in some movies.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Argue posted:

But Ward is appearing in the greater MCU.

He's the villain in Black Widow :)

Capiunderstoodthatreference.gif

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Agent Carter was created by Markus and McFeely and was produced by Feige... it is the one thing that is definitely MCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invalid Validation posted:

Chloe Bennett is very pretty and would fit really good in the bigger MCU. I hope she tags along with Coulson in some movies.

She's got an incredibly humble attitude about everything in her social media. She also dressed as trash for halloween. Literal trash.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Rewatching the show for the first time since I'm stuck at home. Really interesting how Fitz started out vs where he is at the end of season 6. Near as I can tell, Simmons was always kind of a badass, she just needed training (she basically jumped on a grenade in the episode I just watched). "Skye" is good, May is May,

and of course, Ward.

One little moment that I loved from season one is Coulson and Ward trying to figure out the holotable. That scene must've been fun to act and put the effects in. It comes off as real enough that it's hard to remember that the actors weren't interacting with anything.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Chloe Bennett IS very pretty but that shouldn't be the criteria for appearing in the movies. In actual acting talent she's mid tier in the TV series even.
I can see Fitz or Simmons appearing as generic science people, they'd fit right in with the technobabble.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What should be and what actuallu happens rarely coincide. Its not just looks, she is a huge star in China and putting her in an average movie with barely any support domestically would still be a financial windfall because of China. Movies are bending over backwards to incorporate Asian stars, settings, and brands to tap into that market, so its a little surprising she has had those roles pop up yet at the very least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's one of the best convincing drunk/high actresses I've ever seen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She does a lot of her own stunts too. I think if she got a chance in the movies she'd do really well.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Rhyno posted:

She's got an incredibly humble attitude about everything in her social media. She also dressed as trash for halloween. Literal trash.

Oh, do she HAS been cast as Aphra.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I know it's just wishful thinking but Colesonbot and Quake being part of CM2 would make my entire decade.

Assuming Hollywood still exists by then :smith:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
The rest of Hollywood might not but The Mouse will still reign supreme.

He's the true head of Hydra.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Any other year that'd be true, but rumor has it the mouse is currently fighting to stave off a hostile takeover from Apple.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28EmUQKQVFo

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Test Pattern posted:

Oh, do she HAS been cast as Aphra.

I'd certainly be down to see that, she's one of the cooler comics-created Star Wars characters to build a show around and Bennett seems like really good casting for the role. I think she's up there with Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen as "actors who are guaranteed to be able to keep getting work", with the caveat that entertainment production has to resume for that to happen of course.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

NowonSA posted:

I'd certainly be down to see that, she's one of the cooler comics-created Star Wars characters to build a show around and Bennett seems like really good casting for the role. I think she's up there with Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen as "actors who are guaranteed to be able to keep getting work", with the caveat that entertainment production has to resume for that to happen of course.

I hope Chloe Bennett joins Ming Na Wen in the Disney Hat Trick: Disney Princess (or leading role), Marvel character, and Star Wars character.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Oh yeah I forgot Wen was Mulan. That's a pretty rare hat trick. I feel like the toughest part of that will end up being the lead in a major Disney or Pixar movie, given how much the MCU and Star Wars have branched out into lots of projects.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

There are a number of people who have two, but only Ming has all 3. Andy Serkis just needs a Disney movie (although he was Baloo in the Jungle Book, so not a leading role bit super close) to get Disney, MCU, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. A lot of people have 2 of those.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Whole lotta nerds itt including the actors being discussed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Whole lotta nerds itt including the actors being discussed

They're lovely people.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Trailer spoilers

Y'know how it's bad and dumb that DC keeps concocting reasons for Batman and Superman to murder somebody?

Marvel can't help but occasionally say, "but what if the GOOD guy was a Nazi?" and the like. So, "we have to save the Nazis!"

Just, please no. This very show already did "but what if we were the Nazis?."

Nazis aren't fictional. Calling them supernazis doesn't make it better. And they're murdering people and going on shooting sprees, and I we live in hellworld.

So, like, I'm not outraged, but I am rolling my eyes pretty hard at how tone-deaf it is to do this. Particularly right now.

And if you're gonna' give me a "here's why you should think it's okay" take? Save it. We're not debating and arriving at a consensus here, because we don't write for the show. Our opinions aren't zero sum. I'm just saying how I feel about that moment in the trailer.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

What loving trailer did you watch?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

swickles posted:

What loving trailer did you watch?

Yea I have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I would assume it's in reaction is to the line "in order to save shield we have to save hydra." (Do comments on trailers linked in the thread need to be spoilered? gently caress it, be safe)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The show has addressed Hydra being Nazis well before (better than the MCU movies ever did), and the showrunners are the same people as they were the last time they were referred to as "big fat loving nazis" or something like that.

Argue fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 27, 2020

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Nazis/Hydra in the MCU and on AoS are portrayed as as megalomaniacal, unethical fascists who want to rule the world. So far so true. However, the whole racism aspect isn't really mentioned at all. Or am I forgetting something?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Trailer spoilers

Y'know how it's bad and dumb that DC keeps concocting reasons for Batman and Superman to murder somebody?

Marvel can't help but occasionally say, "but what if the GOOD guy was a Nazi?" and the like. So, "we have to save the Nazis!"

Just, please no. This very show already did "but what if we were the Nazis?."

Nazis aren't fictional. Calling them supernazis doesn't make it better. And they're murdering people and going on shooting sprees, and I we live in hellworld.

So, like, I'm not outraged, but I am rolling my eyes pretty hard at how tone-deaf it is to do this. Particularly right now.

And if you're gonna' give me a "here's why you should think it's okay" take? Save it. We're not debating and arriving at a consensus here, because we don't write for the show. Our opinions aren't zero sum. I'm just saying how I feel about that moment in the trailer.

Like they never actually make the Nazis seem good my dude. Literally the only good one was ward who ended up being a rebel in the framework. It’s just a typical trope of time travel like “ohh have to let something bad happen for something good to happen”

I mean might as well say that any movie or show with time travel why didn’t they go and kill hitler

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I love people's random baggage. Please, dump more of it into the thread, whatever it is. Perhaps the next trailer can be a great excuse to share with us all your thoughts on Israel, you mentally balance perfectly normal person.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

counterfeitsaint posted:

I love people's random baggage. Please, dump more of it into the thread, whatever it is. Perhaps the next trailer can be a great excuse to share with us all your thoughts on Israel, you mentally balance perfectly normal person.

The dog represents illegal settlements on Palestinian land

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tarquinn posted:

Nazis/Hydra in the MCU and on AoS are portrayed as as megalomaniacal, unethical fascists who want to rule the world. So far so true. However, the whole racism aspect isn't really mentioned at all. Or am I forgetting something?

I think they go beyond Nazis because Hydra wants to kill everyone who isn't Hydra.

Daisy ; You're a nazi
Ward : I'm not a nazi!
Daisy : SHIELD Manual Page 1 "Hydra are Nazis".

I love that exchange. Yea maybe hydra predates Nazis but they did work with him, and that makes them nazis.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I love that exchange. Yea maybe hydra predates Nazis but they did work with him, and that makes them nazis.

Also when they doubled down on it in the Framework:

"Hydra are Nazis?"
"Every last one of them. And don't ever let anyone forget it."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

twistedmentat posted:

I think they go beyond Nazis because Hydra wants to kill everyone who isn't Hydra.

Daisy ; You're a nazi
Ward : I'm not a nazi!
Daisy : SHIELD Manual Page 1 "Hydra are Nazis".

Hydra grifted the Nazis and embezzled their resources for their own schemes.
I don't actually believe that, but moral question: Is it okay to work with Nazis to steal from them?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The only OK thing to be doing to Nazi's is shooting them. You can steal from them after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If it walks like a Nazi and talks like a Nazi, it’s probably a Nazi.