Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Pretty lame if jiaying is actually dead tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So it's going to be Fitz and Ward, Time Heroes at the end?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OB_Juan posted:

So it's going to be Fitz and Ward, Time Heroes at the end?

The triumphant return of Hive

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So it’s next weeks episode then a two hour special?

Good bye show :(

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

teacup posted:

So it’s next weeks episode then a two hour special?

Good bye show :(

One more next week, then the week after is the two-hour finale

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Finale should feature Nick Fury somehow. And maybe an Avenger.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Anthony Mackie was in Altered Carbon season 2, he's not too good to be on AoS.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My dream is absolutely a caper set during the Avengers which swaps out New Phil for Phil Classic.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Anthony Mackie was in Altered Carbon season 2, he's not too good to be on AoS.

There are a lot of actors from Season 1 in this season.

Dichen Lachman, Byron Mann, Tamara Taylor...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So, Roxy Glass is an obvious pseudonym. You think she's actually a comics person?

Edit - Garret was fresh out of the academy around the same time Glass was in it. Anyone we know of that was roughly a contemporary and notable enough to be an interesting reveal? Hand?

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 31, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

OB_Juan posted:

So, Roxy Glass is an obvious pseudonym. You think she's actually a comics person?

Edit - Garret was fresh out of the academy around the same time Glass was in it. Anyone we know of that was roughly a contemporary and notable enough to be an interesting reveal? Hand?

Black Widow

More realistically, Isabelle Hartley, the lady killed by the diviner at the start of s2.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'd like to think she'll be in more episodes, but most of this season's guess cast are on two episode contracts, so I suspect we're done with her.

Great voice though.

Oh wait, they implied she's queer, right? So maybe she could be Hand. But I don't know why she'd have a second name.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
WILL WE SEE SENATOR'S YOUNGER STATUE BRO

I mean....no, but drat

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Coulson would recognize any of the younger people, so I don't think they're anyone.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Really disappointed the show is coming to an end with Nathaniel as the big bad, or penultimate bad, or whatever. I was really digging the season until he became the focus. Of all the cool villains this show has had just to come down to this dweeb... ugh.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The real villain is Sybil, not Nathaniel. That's why I'm not TOO disappointed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Let's be honest, the show's had a run of pretty uninspired villains the past few years. Gravitalbot was probably the last compelling one, and he spent barely anytime at all as a villain.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Izel and Sarge were okay independently - Izel had a sort of camp magnificence to her, but neither really had much psychological depth. Sarge was pretty good when he had his gang around though.

Sybil is just kinda OP tbh. Presumably why they're keeping her in their back pocket. She was pretty awesome in the 70's and 80's episodes though.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Open Source Idiom posted:

Sybil is just kinda OP tbh. Presumably why they're keeping her in their back pocket. She was pretty awesome in the 70's and 80's episodes though.
I don't disagree with you, but I do kind of like the symmetry of them fighting a much more for-real clairvoyant for their last season though. It didn't hit me until this episode with Garrett, but I can see why the writers would go with it.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Young edgelords Malick and Garrett are the worst. I hate them, and not in the way I'm supposed to. They have "get off my screen" heat. Ugh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Malick, I get. But how can you hate young Garrett? He's so much fun. He's just having a blast being a bad guy.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Thoughts during the episode: Okay, so this guy is like a foot taller than Bill Paxton but besides that he is doing an AMAZING Bill Paxton impression so I see why they cast him anyway. This actor is great! I should look him up

(looks up the actor)

Oh...it's his son...that makes sense. Channeling his deceased father :smith:

Sad but also very touching. Bill would be proud of him and I hope his career takes off.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
We know that Loki and What If? are coming, and those are all about weird timelines -- What If? has always been that way, and Loki is explicitly stated to feature the Loki who stole the space stone in Endgame, creating an alternate 2012, and we've seen pictures of him in a Time Variance Authority jumpsuit (probably prison). Combine that with this show's completely ruined timeline, and I would not be shocked if it gets spliced back into the now-splintered MCU timeline somehow. Even if we just get a final scene with them arriving back to 2023 having skipped the Blip entirely and a tiny shout to the Disney+ shows.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bbf2 posted:

Thoughts during the episode: Okay, so this guy is like a foot taller than Bill Paxton but besides that he is doing an AMAZING Bill Paxton impression so I see why they cast him anyway. This actor is great! I should look him up

(looks up the actor)

Oh...it's his son...that makes sense. Channeling his deceased father :smith:

Sad but also very touching. Bill would be proud of him and I hope his career takes off.

It felt like when I've seen Jake Busey in movies; clearly a different person from his dad but the mannerisms (and in Busey's case the teeth) are sometimes so uncannily similar that it's hard to tell if it's on purpose.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Funny enough one reason young Garrett threw me off is his teeth are all wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bruceski posted:

It felt like when I've seen Jake Busey in movies; clearly a different person from his dad but the mannerisms (and in Busey's case the teeth) are sometimes so uncannily similar that it's hard to tell if it's on purpose.

A recent episode of Perry Mason had John Lithgow's son show up as the son of his character and it was crazy how much they look and sound alike.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Young Garrett is a dweeb but he's less of a dweeb than Nathaniel and that smarmy poo poo-eating grin's got some continuity to it, so I'll give him a pass. He's got that Bebop/Rocksteady "These powers are so cool!" thing and it's kind of a delight when most other characters treat it as a cross to bear at first.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jetfire posted:

Young Garrett is a dweeb but he's less of a dweeb than Nathaniel and that smarmy poo poo-eating grin's got some continuity to it, so I'll give him a pass. He's got that Bebop/Rocksteady "These powers are so cool!" thing and it's kind of a delight when most other characters treat it as a cross to bear at first.

Yeah Nathaniel just sucks

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah Nathaniel just sucks

He's doing his job, which is making me want to see his ratty little face quaked into oblivion

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I don't hate young Garrett but it would have been amazing if he just immediately phased himself into a wall.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

I don't hate young Garrett but it would have been amazing if he just immediately phased himself into a wall.

I was totally expecting that during the fight with May. He phases his leg through something and she gives some sort of "sucks, doesn't it?" quip.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah it would have been a total waste but would have been excellent.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Nathanial And Garret's Bogus Journey

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Just watched the episode and maybe I missed something, but how exactly did Nathaniel get away from May and Daisy? May shot him and then just wandered off, and then he was gone.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Daisy was just there, with her mom. And they thought the plan was to abduct Inhumans, so it was more of a defensive perimeter while the bad guys stole the Zephyr.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Fitz is dead or in a Framework situation. "We need Fitz's BRAIN more than ever!" they say!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My dream is absolutely a caper set during the Avengers which swaps out New Phil for Phil Classic.
This would rule and now I want it. "Boy do we have a lot to catch you up on."

Sirotan posted:

Also god drat is Nathaniel just so fuckin lame, like I'm not sure if it's the actor or he's just written that way but if Daisy doesn't quake him into the stratosphere this ep I'm going to be so disappointed.
He was weirdly charming in his first appearance, until they jumped again and he became Hot Topic Mallick. They should've stuck with the original presentation of him as a smarmy rich 70s douche, now he just looks like a total goober and he just feels completely non-threatening.

Garrett's fun though. Only a Paxton could emulate another Paxton so well.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
A smarmy 70s teen becoming a FYGM nihilist in the 80s is, in fact, super on point.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I want to believe they made him look as try-hard as possible just to add another layer to make fun of.

When Squidward wore the Neo get-up, he actually looked suave and intimidating. Nate just looks like he's missing a fedora to tip.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

ApeHawk posted:

I want to believe they made him look as try-hard as possible just to add another layer to make fun of.

When Squidward wore the Neo get-up, he actually looked suave and intimidated. Nate just looks like he's missing a fedora to tip.

THAT'S who he reminds me of. The antagonist from Grandma's Boy!