Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Test Pattern posted:

Agents of S.W.O.R.D., coming to Disney + in 2022.

Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bring back Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn and make a H.A.M.M.E.R. show.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Erev posted:

My guess? Victory and backwards in time, then forwards again having stopped the initial Chronicom fuckery. They arrive - a couple years late due to barely functional time drive but do think they hosed it up seeing a giant space station ahead. This is immediately settled by Fury calling them from the station asking where the hell they've been and what they did to his ship.

"Yeah Fitz and Simmons invented a temporal drive and we took it for a joyride. Hope you didn't need a time machine while we were gone!"

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

The only thing I want out of this show at this point is them somehow making it canon the Sousa was that one cop in the first Avengers movie, I know you can do it show, you’re so close.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why couldn’t the Chronicoms just teleport in and kill all those people without Nathanial?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They didn't know the location of the SHIELD bases and also without Sybil they don't know what threads to pull to change time in the way they want.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah if they show up and just start carpet bombing, nukes are gonna go off and torch the planet. Remember the main goal of the Chronicoms is the planet, so it can't be ruined in the process.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean if you are just changing history, might as well....you know....stop your planet being destroyed in the first place?

Also they are robots, so what the hell do they need a biosphere for anyway? Go live on the moon or Mars or whatever, your entire existence is stupid.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
This season hit a lot of great high character points (love Daisy & Sousa, and making May empathic was genius), but the villains are pretty bad. Even the generic "evil space woman" of last season had more on screen spark than 80s hacker boi and his ridiculous facial hair.

Ah well, I'm excited to see how they spent the entire rest of their budget, I'm sure it'll at least be high octane and fun!

So remind me, where were Fitz and Simmons in the flashback? Did they get pulled to the future before they jumped back to the temple to save the gang? I'm drawing a blank.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Lanky_Nibz posted:

So remind me, where were Fitz and Simmons in the flashback? Did they get pulled to the future before they jumped back to the temple to save the gang? I'm drawing a blank.

Nice try, Nathaniel. :nono:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lanky_Nibz posted:

The last place we saw them was the Lighthouse where Enoch saved them. So we don't know where they are in the flashbacks.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Mulva posted:

I mean if you are just changing history, might as well....you know....stop your planet being destroyed in the first place?

Also they are robots, so what the hell do they need a biosphere for anyway? Go live on the moon or Mars or whatever, your entire existence is stupid.

Yeah, it's been one big glaring discrepancy since this entire thing began because they've refused to touch on it.
It could be that they don't want to go back in time to do anything with their homeworld because they don't want to change the future/present for themselves.
Taking over Earth would have no bearing on their homeworld's fate. (Though not having SHIELD would mean Eizel wouldn't get stopped there, and wouldn't even have Sarge to oppose her.)

They never state if there's some kind of timey-wimey paradox locking that prevents time travel shenanigans from happening to their homeworld.
They never state -why- it's specifically earth they want to go for. They have had thousands of their species off on various planets as anthropologists, so as you state, it's not like they can't live elsewhere.
They never state if there's something that specifically allows them to be able to rewrite history for earth, but not other places.

It makes me wonder if it's something that just kind of.. got lost in a rewrite when they had to adapt to Fitz not being there.
I mean, I bet they'll monologue the exact reason as to why in the finale, but it's kind of annoying that they just haven't bothered to address it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think it's implied that Malachi, the main Chronicom bad guy from last season, really had it in for FitzSimmons and SHIELD so much that he wanted to take over Earth as well as save Chronicom-2.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Presumably they figured that they had better odds of taking over Earth than they had going up again extra-dimensional bird goddess woman again, even with the benefit of time travel foresight for round two.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I don't understand why they have to take over Earth specifically. With our real life instruments we've identified 55 potentially habitable worlds out there and we know in the Marvel world that aliens and other planets are a thing that 100% for sure exists. Why not just pick an empty world, or a world that's still primitive, or gently caress, if they can build robots that can build other robots then why not keep doing that until they build robots that can build entire planets? It'll take forever and a day but it's not like time matters to them. I just don't understand their motivation and can't really take them seriously.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Haha ok glad to see my confusion is intentional.

Yeah I've never been a fan of arcs that lean heavily on time travel or alternate realities. The plots never really feel like they have weight and the denouments rarely feel satisfactory. Tbh I would have even got behind them bringing Ward back somehow and he bringing back some past seasons villains: give us a little fan service!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Tbh I would have even got behind them bringing Ward back somehow and he bringing back some past seasons villains: give us a little fan service!

Do you not realize what you've been watching these past 11 episodes?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I feel like it started out as "Earth is the best candidate, thanks for all the useful Intel Enoch!" and ended up being "gently caress you, Enoch! We're taking over Earth regardless of how many other planets there are just to spite you."

Even though they don't get angry.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Chronicoms don't get angry, they get even

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Right after he killed the guy for calling him “sir” Garrett spoke to a woman grunt - who was she? It’s killing me!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

superLINUS posted:

Right after he killed the guy for calling him “sir” Garrett spoke to a woman grunt - who was she? It’s killing me!

I'm gonna guess you remember her as Major Grey from Black Lightning?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
She was on Z Nation too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hamsystem posted:

She was on Z Nation too.

And the walking dead

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Phylodox posted:

That made me do a double-take too. "I know her, is she a returning character? OH!"

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Phylodox posted:

Thank you!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
To be fair, the framing in Black Lightning made her look tiny, whereas the way she's framed in Agents of SHIELD makes her look huge.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Have they said anything about limitations to their time travel, or that the Chronicoms specifically want Earth and whatever modern Humans have built? Because it doesn't take a seer to see that you can just go back a couple hundred years and humans will have zero ability to resist an alien invasion, nor ruin the planet with nukes or something. I mean it seems the further back you go, the easier it'll be and the planet will be that much more pristine? Time travel sucks.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Mylan posted:

Have they said anything about limitations to their time travel, or that the Chronicoms specifically want Earth and whatever modern Humans have built? Because it doesn't take a seer to see that you can just go back a couple hundred years and humans will have zero ability to resist an alien invasion, nor ruin the planet with nukes or something. I mean it seems the further back you go, the easier it'll be and the planet will be that much more pristine? Time travel sucks.

The only thing they said about the Time Drive is that it's "complex by design".

So, up to the writers when it's convenient for them.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Mylan posted:

Time travel sucks.

In my experience, the more screentime that relies on time travel (or alternate realities, etc), the shakier the whole premise gets. I think they've done a lot of great character work, as usual, this season, but a whole season of time travel probably isn't going to end up super satisfying.

The gangs hijinks through time, otoh, have been a lot of fun, if not a little unnecessarily silly.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
The feels - cast say goodbye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcGiXIiTYNk

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I swear the only thing I really need to happen in the finale is FitzSimmons getting a perfect sendoff where they get to be happy and together and not get separated due to cosmic bullshit ever again. They're like the Chief O'Brien of couples.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I think this season is as good as it could be considering the last few years they had no idea they were getting the next season. It’s be great if they knew back in like the ghost rider season how many seasons they had left then worked their way towards the ending... but this self contained season with going through time to have gimmicks and visit some old stuff over time is cool.

I know it’s be cliched as anything however I wish they made an excuse to bring ward back

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

There's still time :q:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm hoping plans work out and for the final episode of S.H.I.E.L.D., my boyfriend and I make these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xugufifsB4s

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I swear the only thing I really need to happen in the finale is FitzSimmons getting a perfect sendoff where they get to be happy and together and not get separated due to cosmic bullshit ever again. They're like the Chief O'Brien of couples.

And that send off is killing Ward

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Now I want a supercut of every time Ward gets smacked down. Both verbally and physically.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Soonmot posted:

And that send off is killing Ward

But Ward is good this time, so he's totally cool about it.

"Ow, I probably deserve this!:shobon:"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Putting Ward at the top of the Time Travel Hit List was obvious and still such a good idea. I for one went through the whole "No! But... wait. But no! Wait..." that they intended much more than if they'd gone for some bigger character from the MCU like hunting Thanos or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/1293608185706639360
That's a lot of title cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gently caress it's at 9?!