Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

swickles posted:

I feel like this is part of what the implant was set up to do, to give more false memories, or maybe they built it that way in case people tried using this machine. But yeah, if Fitz got space cancer Imma be pissed.

Yeah, it's probably what the implant was designed to do and put in false memories to hide him, but still

ahhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hilarious delivery of exposition there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Welp, we are definitely getting a big ole reset button hit in the finale.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

What are you, some kind of computer expert now?
Yes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am prepped and ready for all of the avengers to come flying in through time and spiderman is there and they all do endgame but this time they all just punch Nathaniel Malick in the groin and call him sir

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I am prepped and ready for all of the avengers to come flying in through time and spiderman is there and they all do endgame but this time they all just punch Nathaniel Malick in the groin and call him sir

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dammit I am so pumped to see how they conclude this but at the same time I am not ready to say goodbye to this show and all of these amazing characters. :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I know trailer editing magic and what not, but it looks like we are getting basically a movie grade finale. I hope they spent a little more on it and just went nuts with special effects.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fitz has gotta be on one of those ships.

Yes, I'm full on in denial of what was shown and will be proved right! You'll see!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh boy I can't wait for the final exhilarating Daisy/Nathaniel showdown. :rolleyes:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hope Coulson and Mae see Garrett and just empty their clips into him.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

swickles posted:

I hope Coulson and Mae see Garrett and just empty their clips into him.

Nah, keep continuity.

Have Coulsin pop him with a ray gun all over again.

My guess? Victory and backwards in time, then forwards again having stopped the initial Chronicom fuckery. They arrive - a couple years late due to barely functional time drive but do think they hosed it up seeing a giant space station ahead. This is immediately settled by Fury calling them from the station asking where the hell they've been and what they did to his ship.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
They end up in a different timeline and the closing stinger is Quake dusting Thanos (number 2 on Kora's list right after Ward) before he can even get a single gem.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I hope for some reason Fitz is in Enoch. Yay Enoch and Yay Best Friends Are Important Too.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Also, I Looooooove how this show allowed characters to develop. Yeah they lampshaded it but the absolute leaps in growth should really be applauded, as should their rock solid belief that you can be badass in a variety of ways. You can be a badass gentleman, you can be a badass science lady, you can still be square, or fun, or kind, or even scared shitless along with it.
I am a bit drunk tho.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've just discovered that Elizabeth Henstridge has been live streaming all the eps this season with a bunch of the cast/crew and now I'm gonna need to go back and watch all of these because the one for yesterday's ep is just delightful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q19hsteldU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
The bloodwork could be evidence of pregnancy? And the pain being not just leaving fitz behind but her baby too?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Masonity posted:

The bloodwork could be evidence of pregnancy? And the pain being not just leaving fitz behind but her baby too?

Yeah, my assumption is that Jemma was pregnant and her having a complete freak out on getting her memories back is remembering their child.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Codependent Poster posted:

Fitz has gotta be on one of those ships.

Yes, I'm full on in denial of what was shown and will be proved right! You'll see!

Sousa is actually Fitz in one of those total recall suits.

Also I feel that a half assed unplanned rescue attempt based on pure emotion is the single most predictable thing Daisy could have done

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So at this point they gotta unfuck the timeline, and destroying all the SHIELD bases can't stick. Sybil said that Fitz always stopped them, so how was she successful this time?

Guessing that Fitz is on one of the Chronicom ships. Deke will remove the implant from Simmons and they'll remember that, Fitz will break cover and meet up with everyone and they'll get the Zephyr back. That's an actual time machine, so they'll use it to go back and stop all or most of what happened from happening.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I'm a little foggy on why they needed to hide Fitz so deeply in the first place. Seems like the Chronicoms could have just come back to any time to invade Earth with or without him, like they just did now?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Mylan posted:

I'm a little foggy on why they needed to hide Fitz so deeply in the first place. Seems like the Chronicoms could have just come back to any time to invade Earth with or without him, like they just did now?

Fits knows how to build a time machine so he’ll always manage to stop them if he’s alive.

Also irrational annoyed at Sousa referring to the plan as a Hail Mary”. The immaculate reception didn’t happen until 1975. Unless...

Azhais posted:

Sousa is actually Fitz in one of those total recall suits.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mylan posted:

They said that he was the one who was making the Zephyr do the time jumps. Sybil was calculating where to go to stop SHIELD from forming, and Fitz was getting that info and sending the team to stop them. They were unsuccessful each time because the team stopped them, except this most recent time. So if he wasn't sending them there, they would have won. Simmons said he was exposed wherever he was, and if they knew he was in extreme danger. So if they knew where he was, then he was going to get killed and then the team wouldn't be able to jump through time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Edmund Lava posted:

Fits knows how to build a time machine so he’ll always manage to stop them if he’s alive.

Also irrational annoyed at Sousa referring to the plan as a Hail Mary”. The immaculate reception didn’t happen until 1975. Unless...

A Hail Mary pass and the Immaculate Reception have nothing to do with each, and the term hail mary is almost as old as the forward pass.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

swickles posted:

A Hail Mary pass and the Immaculate Reception have nothing to do with each, and the term hail mary is almost as old as the forward pass.

I was curious, Wikipedia says the first known usage was in 1922

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fitz shows up in his own suit of Iron Man armor and saves everyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Since they know this timeline is wrecked they should really go all out and go get Captain America (I know they can't actually do that but it would be neat.)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Jed and the two Jeffs were being coy at the start of the season, but I'm setting my expectations low.

quote:

DEADLINE: Meaning Marvel and something you do have a big say in, are we going to bump into more of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in this final season, as you have in past years?

WHEDON: We’re going to bump into something.

LOEB: (laughs) Yeah, we’ll bump into something.

BELL: Something will definitely happen.

Either this has already happened and they were talking about Sousa, or it'll be like... Coulson looks at a framed photo of Captain America and says "finally, we're back in the same universe as the Avengers, whom we're now going to start teaming up with". At best, maybe we can get a final Fury cameo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, imagine if back in Sousa's time they'd said "well, this timeline's screwed anyway" and gone to the Arctic with a heat lamp.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fitz saves the day by brining Deathlok, Lash and Robbie Reyes through a time portal and they all kick Nathaniel's rear end and depower him so Kora can obliterate him completely. Reduced to atoms.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Masonity posted:

This would own. Having Fitz be dying of cancer just seems needlessly cruel.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I've watched these goofballs suffer for seven seasons. I need a happy ending for all of them, goddamnit!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I kept expecting there to be a point where Malick is watching Simmons’ memories of her and Fitz when suddenly Fitz looks Malick directly in the eye and says “What are you doing here? This is my world. Get out.”

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

This show is going to end with old timeline disappearing so that everything that happened on AoS is available for the mainline MCU to reboot and use again if they want to. I imagine that our main cast will somehow get through to the "real" MCU timeline so they can be around for cameos or new shows or whatever, and also it would be too bleak to just kill all of them.

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 7, 2020

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The show ends with Clark Gregg waking up next to Emily Rutherfurd and saying he had the craziest dream.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

bentacos posted:

The show ends with Clark Gregg waking up next to Emily Rutherfurd and saying he had the craziest dream.

Only for her to shimmer and turn into Loki.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There are spoilers in the form of publicity photos out. Don't go looking at them if you don't want a few things spoiled.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Masonity posted:

Only for her to shimmer and turn into Loki.

The expression is even right.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They're actually still in the framework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Erev posted:

Nah, keep continuity.

Have Coulsin pop him with a ray gun all over again.

My guess? Victory and backwards in time, then forwards again having stopped the initial Chronicom fuckery. They arrive - a couple years late due to barely functional time drive but do think they hosed it up seeing a giant space station ahead. This is immediately settled by Fury calling them from the station asking where the hell they've been and what they did to his ship.

Agents of S.W.O.R.D., coming to Disney + in 2022.