Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Oasx posted:

Maybe I missed something but I was under the impression that Altarah used to be Enoch's boss, not that they had been in a relationship.

It was both.

Caphi posted:

So they're genderless robots but the one in the entire show that presents as female happens to be Enoch's ex.

Someone is cowards and I bet it's ABC.

Personally I'd rather have the older guy casually talk about his very human relationship with his husband whom he clearly loved deeply. That seems like much better representation than comedy relief robots talking about accessing their data ports, but I guess when you've got an outrage quota and it's a slow week you gotta get mad about something.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Holy poo poo a show ending on its own terms? That never happens anymore. I'd much rather see this happen than it become a terrible Simpsons husk of itself or get unceremoniously cancelled on a cliffhanger.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mymla posted:

Yeah I'm not really a fan of relegating Davis to redshirt status just to show that the stakes are real. It's not as dumb as say, Tara in Buffy, but it's still not great.

He's not a redshirt, he got straight up Tasha Yar'd.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

OB_Juan posted:

2) Izel using the orb to summon FitzSimmons' worst nightmares, them warning her that it's not going the way she wants it to, and then being correct.

Oh god its gonna be a callback to that chronicon mind device adventures. Ringu Simmons and The Doctor are going to save the day and kill Izel then gently caress

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Chokes McGee posted:

Enoch is gonna show up and save the universe, probably :neckbeard:

And then everyone well embrace him!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The only acceptable way to bring Ward back is if the monolith brings him back, and the entire team immediately turns and shoots him, and he's only screen for maybe 5 seconds before poofing again.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Boris Galerkin posted:

They should bring back the dog and have the dog shoot Ward. It's only right.

But the dog will simply miss on purpose and let Ward go. And then they'll talk.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Is this referencing something that I'm not getting? I don't know if I've ever seen Mulan, and if so it was so long that I don't remember, but going purely by the photos this is quite a reach. It's two badass ladies holding swords above their heads and striking a vaguely similar but by no means identical pose.

Edit: Ohhh that makes more sense.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 6, 2019

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rocksicles posted:

Apparently they have plans for him in the MCU, so the internet says.

Well they do have approx 48923 movies and shows coming out in the next few years, so if nothing else they're going to eventually run out of extras in hollywood and have to start CGIing in some marvel characters instead.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

NowonSA posted:

Hopefully now that Disney finally owns all marvel things outright they can start just putting out good shows.

That's an interesting line of reasoning.

Entirely unrelated, list of other things that Disney finally owns all of;
-Classic animated Disney movies that don't have a live action version made of them yet
-Star Wars

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I love people's random baggage. Please, dump more of it into the thread, whatever it is. Perhaps the next trailer can be a great excuse to share with us all your thoughts on Israel, you mentally balance perfectly normal person.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Admittedly I don't pay attention to this as closely as everyone else, but wasn't hydra supposed to be some inhuman worshiping secret society that's been around at least a few centuries? Or at least one of their endless branches. In fact red skull was just another branch because there's always a new bad guy and that bad guy is always just a previously unknown branch of hydra. So why is hydra suddenly about to get founded for the first time in the 1930s?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Did anyone else notice that this episode sort of threw a wrench into the LMD-Simmons theory?
Mays weird super empathy was neutral to Coulson, but could pick up Gemmas science nerd giddiness.

That theory was on pretty shaky ground after we saw the aftermath of the EMP from last week and there was no indication that Simmons shut down.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
More like "My concerns about Hydra infiltrating everything was right? By the 2000s 80% of SHIELD and 1 out of every 12 people alive are secretly working with Hydra? That seems a little excessive..."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm guess they'll eventually get up to the current, or near current time, but by then things will be so hosed up it'll be totally different, maybe something like the framework?

I thought for a minute at the end there that Yo-Yo was going to speed out of the ship with her powers, then have it jump, at which point she'd have to return to where she was standing before which would cause her to ???

Also, I was pissed that they needed to destroy a rocket and did all these shenanigans on the ground when they're in a flying stealth missile boat. Just blow it up! Who cares if you give away your position. Go into the upper atmosphere, fire a missile from 100 miles away, and then move afterwards.

Also also, I think someone is going to be left behind during one of the jumps. Someone who is not a 30,000 year old cronicon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
At what point is it more efficient for the chronicoms to just gently caress off to go live on another planet? Why are they so dedicated to resettling on earth that they have to deal with crazy endless time shenanigans, mounting casualties, and Fitz?