Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm going back and rewatching the Agents of Hydra stuff. That was, IMO, Agents of Shield at its absolute best. It's all really good but I think that was the peak right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I recently rewatched the entire series and going in I was sure that Ghost Rider would still be the best pod. LMD and the Framework both topped it on a second watch. Aida's whole arc was really some excellent writing.

I think everybody's arc had excellent writing. I forgot just how brutal Fitz and Mack had it, for completely different reasons, in the framework. I wonder if we're going to have to watch OG Fitz deal with who he was in the Framework all over again.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I recently rewatched the entire series and going in I was sure that Ghost Rider would still be the best pod. LMD and the Framework both topped it on a second watch. Aida's whole arc was really some excellent writing.

I just rewatched the one where Quake gets her powers in the Framework and quakes Madame Hydra out of the window. Schoolteacher Coulson leads the group after Mace dies and goes on TV to expose Hydra for what they are and ends it with "I am Phil Coulson and I am an Agent of Shield.'

It's so goddamn good. I hate that so many people I know won't watch it because the first season was slow and they gave up on it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Didn't Kasius serve Xandarian Snail at his dinner/auction of Quake.

Nobody has interfered with Fitz's timeline, right? So we can assume that until Jemma and Quake interfere, this is the path that somehow leads him back to Kasius in the future, right? So the Fitz we saw last season is this Fitz in the future.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I thought I heard somewhere that everything so far has been pre-snap. I don't know that I'm optimistic but they did call for two seasons at once, so they very well could finish this season with the snap and address it next season.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I thought a lot of the music and shots in that episode had a distinct Blade Runner feel to them.

I thought it was a great episode and I'm really digging this season.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

Naw, He gets back only to find out Simmons and Daisy have realized they don't need men at all.

Oh man, can I petition for this?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Again, if the line "Hi I'm Deke, your grandson." isnt delivered I will riot.

Does Deke even know Fitz died? Or had he hosed off by then?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I want pictures of that picture book. I didn't get a good enough look at it when I was watching it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Erev posted:

Wasn't it the Darkhold or whatever?

Yeah but I want the inside.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Test Pattern posted:

"We are immortal and unkillable, here watch me do a Drano shooter." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9IiYDPA4aU)

Honestly, when are bad guys everyone in this show going to learn to stop putting their fingers in between a pair of rare-earth magnets?

Oh man how did I forget that, she was absolutely loving insane

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Slashrat posted:

More to the point, having just watched Captain Marvel, aliens looking like humans seems to just be a thing in the marvel universe.

You know, I'm pretty OK with it. Usually you end up with stupid looking humanoids (Star Wars or Star Trek generally, hell Alein, Predator, etc) or something so hosed up that we can't identify with it (Life, Andromeda Strain).

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Davis was out of shot for just long enough at the end there that I was certain he got Snapped. Then I remembered this wasn't the finale.

I couldn't help but notice they said that Daisy and her team had been gone for five years, so five years happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this season. Is that their way of working around the snap?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Argue posted:

Davis is going to seemingly die in the penultimate episode of the season, only to come back in the season 7 premiere with the tail end of a fantastic story about his unbelievable escape from death.

I'd actually love for that to become a recurring theme

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rocksicles posted:

He's been a solid B-teamer since season 1. He deserved a glorious death.

Has he been on the show that long?

I kinda figure next season he'll still be around and when somebody asks him about it he'll just say he got better. Didn't he go up against AIDA solo and somehow, off-screen, survive?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Aleph Null posted:

How long did Jemma and Fitz work on things before the rescue at the temple? Years?

I'm wondering this as well. I'm guessing years. It seems a lot has happened between when they ran off with Enoch and when they rescued everybody at the temple. It was kind of a Deus Ex Machina, but the best kind. The way she just casually strolls in there and "May won't die, you're all coming with me, this team will collect evidence, let's board this huge ship and go to the thirties, NBD"

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I miss that era of Doctor Who though. Between Matt Smith, Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan, they had some excellent acting that they really never got back. I keep meaning to get back into it, but I'll watch an episode and just not feel it...

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

LividLiquid posted:

Now I want Iain de Caestecker to play The Master against Jodie's Doctor.

He was a loving fantastic villain.

Watching season 1 I never would have guessed that this would be such an absolute loving fact.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Edmund Lava posted:

Mallory Jansen convincingly pulling off four different character in that arc was some really underrated magnificence.

She's the reason that remains my favorite season. Just watching her act is mesmerizing.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Metropolis posted:

Hey so what is the general consensus from y'all on how good the latest season was? I followed the show since the start but the latest season didn't grab me after the first four episodes so I dropped it.

Really good.

Not as good as season four, but definitely up there. It was a fun, wild ride.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

This just reminds me how awesome that 1-2-3 punch of Ghost Rider, LMD, and Agents of HYDRA was. Holy poo poo, what a season.

I rewatched Agents of Hydra before the last season and yeah holy poo poo it was nuts. My favorite television ever.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I was just skimming over some choice parts of the past six seasons and man this has been consistently an awesome show. Season two and its "Science, beeyotch!" from Fitz, season three with Jemma falling in love with a dude on a distant planet and Fitz going there to save him (and being forced to by Ward...) and Coulson's jump from a plane straight into the portal right before it closes, Aida being awesome, the entire team except for Jemma and Daisy being replaced by LMDs and them suddenly realizing it (and robo-May sacrificing herself so they could escape), Agents of Hydra and Ward being a good guy, Talbot "fixing" things and eating all the gravitonium, Jemma and Fitz getting married only for him to die, Kitson, the crazy dream episode inside Fitz and Simmons heads where Fitz catches up on everything he's missed...

It's one of the few shows I could rewatch every episode forever and never get tired of it. We didn't deserve such a good show.

Also, I'm glad all six seasons are on Netflix.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

RareAcumen posted:

Don't forget about Enoch!

He took bold action!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Slashrat posted:

Coulson binged all of both season 5 and 6 in his mind in 2 minutes, yeah

Reminds me of when Fitz had to catch up with all of season five in the span of a couple of minutes. Him dying, finding out he got married, then Coulson dying... I don't think he even noticed Yoyo's hands. I rememeber Jemma is trying to cheer him up by telling him "there was a lot of death, yes, but there was also beauty!" and Fitz is all "what, more death than this?" just as Coulson walks in.

It really made me realize how dark season five really was.

Azhais posted:

They actually have to give the idea to Himmler to save SHIELD

But they have to make him think he had the idea himself, and to do this they have to go six layers deep into his dreams...

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I hope we get an Enoch-Koenig spinoff. I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Come with me if you want to continue to exist got me good.

spoiler because it's from the teaser for next week's episode

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mymla posted:

Man, this season has been so good so far. If it continues delivering like this, it's gonna be one of the best seasons in the series. Surprising, too, since the last few seasons have been varying degrees of disappointing.

Yeah I'm gonna disagree, I still think 4 is my favorite but going back and rewatching bits of 5 and six, they were absolutely amazing.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

Oh yeah, and where is Flint?

Where's Snowflake???

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm expecting them to somehow save Coulson from dying in the first Avengers movie, thus preventing him from going through TAHITI and preventing this group from forming.

It could pretty easily be done, just divert a younger Coulson elsewhere so he isn't on that ship or something.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Suppose they let real Coulson die in the Avengers, and TAHITI is just the LMD Coulson taking his place, so it's been LMD Coulson all along, living a loop.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Argue posted:

Can't believe they pulled off an episode whose resolution was "run faster yoyo"

I dunno, I thought it fell pretty flat. The whole "it's all in your head!" thing was fine, but then "oh, I just don't have to return, I'm better now! thing felt awfully dumb. She's The Flash now. Cool.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

ApeHawk posted:

We can't call her YoYo anymore. Maybe Dash? I dunno.

Nathanial's either gonna give powers to his henchmen, or give all of them to himself.

I'm thinking the former, but I'm hoping the latter, since we might actually get an Aida fight but he doesn't just keep teleporting and not using all his powers.

Yo.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
It's especially great when you realize Daisy had to convince everybody that they were in a time loop, and she had to explain this many, many times. She probably had her spiel memorized and fully efficient by the time she was done.

GUYS, BLAH BLAH TIME LOOP, BLAH BLAH HERE'S PROOF, OK NOW FOLLOW MY VERY EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'd also like to note, I really like the change in tone after Daisy realizes that Enoch has to be sacrificed. The somber music, how calm she is as she tells everybody that things are going to be alright and to meet in the LMD control room, her accepting reaction to Deke saying they were less than one kilometer away... that gets me more than Enoch actually dying. It's some great acting and some great directing (is this Jemma's directing debut??? She has a future ahead of her.) and really conveys the gravity of what's happening.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I was wondering who the hell her "team" was and where they went...

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Andrew_1985 posted:

Oh totally. I was just like ‘Ohhhh gently caress this show!’

It’s a shame they didn’t get Souza to the Avengers battle.

It was great they wrapped this all up so well. Here’s hoping we see Daisy in some capacity in future.

What were everyone’s favourite arcs if you had to rate them?

I liked the Aida and Inhuman arcs.

I still liked the Framework, though Daisy and Simmons' adventures in space is probably second.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So watching it again... did the team plan on Daisy suiciding herself? They kinda left her there, saying she has to play her part... seems they got kinda lucky that she wasn't obliterated in the explosion.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Azhais posted:

Personally I'd have liked to see the chronicoms in the outro while they were at it, living in a little chronocom town like New Asgard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1nFmQWR8GQ

So that times a hundred

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Azhais posted:

The thing that really bugged me the most about the whole season is why Sybil didn't just go back to like 1992 and steal the black and gray monoliths from the lighthouse.

Yeah she ended up being a lot less powerful than I would have thought. I originally thought she was essentially an omnipresent being that existed out of time and could see all things past and all future possibilites, kind of like Chronicom Muad'Dib. Even then when I found out she was just reading a piece of tech to determine the likelihood of possible outcomes, she should have been nearly impossible to beat because with every piece of additional information she has, it should adjust things accordingly and she should have always been able to be one step ahead of her enemies. Like, she should have been able to expect how Cora turned and how Malick was going to turn out.

I guess in the end she got chumped by hubris.

Still enjoyed it, but Sibyl/Malick/Cora were quite a bit lamer than most of the previous villians they have faced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
hey if Sibyl could convert the archaeologist chronicoms into hunters, why couldn't she do that to Enoch instead of decommissioning him?