Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Personally I'd rather have the older guy casually talk about his very human relationship with his husband whom he clearly loved deeply.

Agreed. It's a human touch to the show that doesn't feel at all like what it very obviously was meant to be (representation of a minority group). It's one of the really good things this show does right is overcome any initial silliness inherent in a trope or plot element that's been overdone.

Also, we've only seen like 4 Chronicoms so far on the show, between Enoch, Noah from the Lighthouse who threw himself on the Hale bomb that popped the monoliths, this woman one, and the Hunter who captured Fitz. Maybe two or three more if you count the guards that had no lines or anything. I'm sure there's plenty of female-presenting Chronicoms waiting just off-screen to make it not seem like they HAD to make the only female one a suggested non-sexual/sexual interfacing partner of Enoch's past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

CountFosco posted:

I don't really see what the value of making that character "genderless" is given that the character is obviously presenting as a gender. It just feels... tacked on.

They're robots. They do not have genders. They are automata. She presents as a she because they're emulating humans and other races they're trying to interact with. The Chronicoms are clearly basing their BASE appearance off of humans because there's so many in the galaxy (see: GotG)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Their reactions to the two demon-sides loving was hilarious. Great episode.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

snackcakes posted:

This episode was really good and I like this season a lot.

You and I both. Hasn't been a slow or 'off' episode yet. Last week's was fantastic because they finally merged their two ongoing storylines into advancing during a single episode, and it seems like everyone's going to be back home next week.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mulva posted:

The Celestials have a type. Two arms, two legs, vaguely similar genetics. Some stuff gets really out there, and some are practically identical.

This reads well as both a Marvel Cinematic Universe post and a Deadwood post.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Elentor posted:

The vampire lady is responsible for one of the single most hosed up moments in TV and we should all be scared of her because she already looks like a true blood character again.

Edit: Also in any other show the fire breathing guy would have accomplished something. I loved how cocky they were about their plan just to be foiled by Quake's casual bump in the head by breaking a door.

I know/remember she was Violet on True Blood in the last season and an episode, but what'd she do that was the most hosed-up moment on TV?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, I gotcha. That was just before she got popped by a surprise entrance by Hoyt or something. I remembered her character's death and crazy turn in True Blood, I just forgot the specifics was all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Better to end things in a controlled way. Agents of SHIELD has been one of the very few delights of the past 6ish years I've seen on TV. As long as season 7 works as well as this one has, I'll be glad for what they gave us.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just to confirm that I missed nothing: It ended with 'hey guys' and no credits scene?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I wonder if Piper and Flint made the trek across time. They would truly be missed if they were casualties of script-writing convenience.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Re-watching GotG: I find it interesting that Ronan's make-up looks very similar to the Odium's blackened eyes bleeding black oil effect. Almost like these two things are connected somehow... (I know they very likely aren't, but it'd be an interesting backstory that the encounter with Danvers blew his mind so much that he took the Odium, thinking he could fight her with it, and survived the experience due to his sheer strength of will or whatever)

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

swickles posted:

I just now got that the speakeasy is the future SHIELD base from season 2 through 4. Coulson even says it was an old speakeasy when giving the Congressmen a tour.

...God damnit. Why didn't I know that

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

muscles like this! posted:

I think the idea is that this is the stuff that doesn't quite work and turned Johann Schmidt into the Red Skull. Although if he doesn't become aware of the Super Soldier Serum that might mean Thorin Oakenshield doesn't kill Erskine and America starts cranking out Captain Americas.

Johann Schmidt became the Red Skull through taking an EARLY VERSION of Erskine's formula. The one he perfected by 1942 or whenever Steve became Cap. It's very likely the green goo is part of the formula for Cap.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah Nathaniel just sucks

Was it here that I found out he is meant to be modeled after Don, Jr.? Or was it in r/television on a recent thing pertaining to this series? Because THAT REVELATION MADE SO MUCH loving SENSE TO ME. I was like 'oh, that explains literally 100% of it in one go'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Tbh I would have even got behind them bringing Ward back somehow and he bringing back some past seasons villains: give us a little fan service!

Do you not realize what you've been watching these past 11 episodes?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Andrew_1985 posted:

What were everyone’s favourite arcs if you had to rate them?

I liked the Aida and Inhuman arcs.

Firstly, great finale and series itself. One of the best I've seen concluded in many years now.

All of season 4's three arcs were fantastic. I loved the Shattered Earth future part of season 5. Both halves of season 2. Those're my favorite arcs from the show.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jetfire posted:

So, I didn't think of this much until he reappeared in the finale, but this "Flint" isn't actual Flint brought into the present from the future-dystopian timeline, he's a copy that Izel created, right? And so I guess he's just ... around, now?

He's probably (a copy of...) Flint from almost exactly when they left the future.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Sadly, Ivanov's original head was killed by Yo-Yo when her new hands malfunctioned and they took a dive out a window in that one research complex with the gravitonium infuser. The reason as to WHY he would leave himself so exposed was that he thought HE'D be the one first on scene and infusing himself with gravitonium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how it showed us there was a secret Hydra academy that everyone went to, and they all were given dogs they had to shoot.

Turns out it's just a McKinsey facility and it's where Pete Buttigieg is from.