Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hoping for a 50s mini-arc that gives some closure to Agent Carter. Maybe we'll see Hayley Atwell and Dominic Cooper (or John Slattery).

If the Disney+ Loki series is following the Loki that stole the Tesseract in the first Avengers, couldn't pre-death Coulson technically show up in that show? I don't recall if that scene from Endgame took place before or after Coulson was killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The tag from the final episode will be the SHIELD crew flying off to 5000 years into the future while Enoch just sits and waits patiently in their base.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Retconning future SHIELD to make them responsible for the creation of Captain America would be so on-brand for this show. Watch them somehow accidentally create all the rest of the Avengers before the season is over too.

Thor might be a hard sell, but they can make it work.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

Something I'm enjoying about this time travel adventure is that they aren't shying away from the face America was racist as gently caress and AoS has a cast that is mostsly women and PoC highlites this. Though I guess Chloe Bennett being so crazy hot means she passes as white in these eras?
She would anyway, she's mixed race. The most anyone would probably say in that era is that she looks "exotic".

Dammit where's Fitz though? Even if they're saving him for a big reveal, Iain de Caestecker deserves to be a big part of the final season.

Also, shoutout to the show for giving the Chronicoms a universal adapter port for any cable. They didn't have to have that little bit of CGI to explain how she plugged into the Helius, but they did anyway.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

GLOSS posted:

The producers just saying gently caress it and doing what they want with this final season absolutely rules, a 100% noir episode is absolutely ridiculous to pull off now and I'm here for it...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Holy poo poo they are just doing a 70s cop show now. How is SHIELD the only show on TV that knows how to have this much fun?
It reminds me of some of the weirder poo poo Fringe started doing. There was always at least a couple bonkers genre-bending episodes per season, and they just experimented like crazy with their format by the end of it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Teek posted:

He apparently had other filming commitments he picked up while the show's renewal future seemed grim. He'll be back in a recurring role later.

Honestly, while I miss Fitz this season, good for him. He deserves to get a lot more work after AoS.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Deꓘe

(it's a pun on Netflix's Darꓘ, I had very little to work with OK?)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It wouldn't be hard to transition any of the characters from the show back into the movies. Either do a new SHIELD movie starring Samuel L. Jackson, or another movie similar to Winter Soldier where SHIELD heavily figures into the plot. Just have a brief intro for Daisy and what she's all about, and explain that Coulson's still dead but he's a robot now. I don't really see them wanting to transition the rest of the supporting cast into the movies though, except possibly May. There are already a ton of supporting characters to keep track of.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CornHolio posted:

I'd also like to note, I really like the change in tone after Daisy realizes that Enoch has to be sacrificed. The somber music, how calm she is as she tells everybody that things are going to be alright and to meet in the LMD control room, her accepting reaction to Deke saying they were less than one kilometer away... that gets me more than Enoch actually dying. It's some great acting and some great directing (is this Jemma's directing debut??? She has a future ahead of her.) and really conveys the gravity of what's happening.

This episode was Elizabeth Henstridge's first directing credit, yes. Really impressive, especially for a first timer. Though I felt like the editing was even more impressive. The way the episode was cut must have taken a lot of work, and a lot of takes to sort through. Imagine as an editor sorting through multiple takes of the same scenes that also take place in a specific chronological order. Of course there are markers for that, but if you find a take from a later scene that works better earlier, it must be overwhelming to keep track of it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My dream is absolutely a caper set during the Avengers which swaps out New Phil for Phil Classic.
This would rule and now I want it. "Boy do we have a lot to catch you up on."

Sirotan posted:

Also god drat is Nathaniel just so fuckin lame, like I'm not sure if it's the actor or he's just written that way but if Daisy doesn't quake him into the stratosphere this ep I'm going to be so disappointed.
He was weirdly charming in his first appearance, until they jumped again and he became Hot Topic Mallick. They should've stuck with the original presentation of him as a smarmy rich 70s douche, now he just looks like a total goober and he just feels completely non-threatening.

Garrett's fun though. Only a Paxton could emulate another Paxton so well.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RareAcumen posted:

My crack theory is that Fitz got Antman shrunk down into that implant Simmons is wearing and some subatomic beast bit him around the waist and dragged him in when they first turned it on or something.

I feel like Paul Rudd is the type of actor who would do a cameo for this show. It's weird, I've heard a lot of main MCU actors say they'd love to be on the show, but they never ended up doing it. I wonder if that's a schedules thing or if the producers thought it would make things too complicated once they decided to move away from linking the show with the movies. You'd think they could at least have someone call in and appear on a screen in the Zephyr or something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I swear the only thing I really need to happen in the finale is FitzSimmons getting a perfect sendoff where they get to be happy and together and not get separated due to cosmic bullshit ever again. They're like the Chief O'Brien of couples.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I feel like it wouldn't have been that hard. Just have some throwaway line from Daisy in the virtual meeting that Sousa did some more time shenanigans. Though I guess the intention means it's canon technically.

I feel like if any TV characters get into the MCU proper, it'll be Daredevil first, and hopefully Kingpin along with him. Maybe in a Spider-Man film. If Quake is going to graduate to movies it's probably low priority, since they still have all the X-Men to fold in somehow.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ded posted:

Daredevil and Quake in the angst adventure

They did mention early in the series that Daisy went to the same orphanage as Murdock...

Also to the point above, Yo-Yo was a member of Secret Warriors too.

Mr Beens posted:

In Director Deke's universe things are going to be interesting. All of the loving about the Chronocoms did up to that point still stick, so SHEILD is blown up, HYDRA is on a different path (and also blown up), the Inhuman's don't have a leader. Things are going to play out VERY differently over there.

I was thinking the same thing, because I don't know how much Deke knows about Avengers history. On one hand, destroying SHIELD in the 80s means Hydra never gets to rise up, so you prevent all the Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron stuff. On the other hand, that universe's Fury and Coulson likely died in the attacks. Even if they didn't, without SHIELD resources, how do they still assemble the Avengers to stop the Battle of New York, or stop Thanos from getting all the stones? I feel like that universe is still pretty screwed. Deke's got a few decades to prepare, but only if he knows all the intel, and I'm not sure he does.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 14, 2020

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If I had to pick my favorite single moment, it's probably when Garrett gets up from his injured body being restored and starts laughing maniacally, then Coulson just vaporizes him. I had to pause it because I was laughing so hard.

Edmund Lava posted:

The orphanage they mentioned isn’t from the comics either, it’s exclusively an MCU thing. Daredevil and AoS made a few references to one another, it’s a shame nothing came of it.
Other than licensing issues, they probably didn't do more with this because the timelines weren't concurrent. The Netflix shows were released from 2015-2019, but they all took place from about 2014-2016 and stayed there, while pre-time travel AoS always took place in the present time and kept up with the film releases. It would've caused all kinds of consistency problems if they did more with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not sure Deke's timeline would count as a What If, since that comic has always been speculative. We know it exists, so it's less "what if" and more "is".

MARVEL PRESENTS "IS" ONLY ON DISNEY+