Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I was a messed up, super sensitive kid. My childhood was exactly great or very calm for a long time and, despite my parents best efforts, they hosed me up pretty good. Luckily I found these forums that helped harden me the gently caress up a little bit, but for a lot of years I just hated any form of conflict whatsoever.

When I was like maybe 7 or 8, the bus driver, who for some reason I convinced myself was this this total hardass of a woman who hated me, made some off handed joke that I took as a personal assault. Who knows what it was about, but I can all but guarantee it was nothing malicious . I went home crying to my mom, who ended up calling the school and a meeting got set with the bus driver, who was really confused because she actually thought I was this great kid who she was trying to be nice to.

The other day I was thinking about how hosed up it must have been to be dragged into your bosses office, in fear of loosing your job and income, all because some little rear end in a top hat was super sensitive about a small little joke you made. Basically I almost got someone fired because my childhood wasn't very good.

So what awful thing did you do as a kid that almost/did ruin someones life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

landgrabber posted:

when i was like 10 i told my friend who was in the boy scouts that the boy scouts are gay and have small dicks. i actually don’t feel bad about this and stand by it

So I'm guessing you're an eagle?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

when i was about 12 or so i tripped a kid off a stage

Why, out of curiosity?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

him and his cousin were being assholes to me
I have grown past that

Sounds reasonable. Good job on your revenge.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

SeXReX posted:

Being born

I'm glad we can all agree.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Zippy the Bummer posted:

While playing at my best friend's house, I ran their garden hose into one of those pvc pipes that vent stuff in the basement. AC units, or a furnace, I don't remember what it was connected to. Anyway I ran water into that pipe for several minutes while my friend and I joked that we were giving the house a drink.

It flooded the basement and destroyed whatever machine the pipe was venting. I got in big trouble for that, understandably.

When I was a kid we had a sandbox at the back of our house, and we realized that if you push a garden hose into the sand, while it's on, you can get it down there a few feet before it stops. Problem is, you can't really pull it back out for some reason. Ruined a few garden hoses that way. Sorry ma!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Colonel Cancer posted:

Started a fight with a midget. Also lost a fight with a midget.

Yeah but if you were a kid, that's still a grown rear end man. Just a.... less grown.... rear end man.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

dude, I went to school with a midget, you should have to fight a midget

Oh if it was a kid midget then yeah, pretty hosed up.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh no he was like a year older. Got my rear end soundly beaten, went home with 2 black eyes and swollen head from getting slammed into the asphalt.

I think it was about a best friend? Idk. Middle school lol!

I forgot that midgets were also children at one point. I'll go start the " hosed up poo poo you thought as an adult, that you feel guilty about now" thread

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they are probably smarter than you
they are probably smarter than me

no arguments here on that one.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Colonel Cancer posted:

To be fair the dude was hardcore. He was a heavy smoker at like 11 and probably drinking too.

Ok be honest, was it Baby Herman from roger rabbit?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Hell Stink posted:

My best friend bought a paintball gun right when they started to become a thing. We shot up a bunch of poo poo.

I raised pigeons and had about 40 in a coup out back. I regret what came next.

One day we got the bright idea that I would release the pigeons while my friend would take aim and shoot one of the bastards mid flight. We expected to miss entirely or hit one center mass and just watch them flail around and have a good laugh about it. We were sure nothing bad would happen.

Well, I release, he shoots, and nails one right in the dome first shot. Down he goes. The flailing wasn't nearly as funny as we thought it would be given the poor poo poo had his eyeball blasted out and was bleeding all over. gently caress.

Our dipshit 12yo minds panicked and all we wanted to do was make it stop. We decided the only humane thing to do was to put him out of his misery. We debated methods. Hammer, too messy. Pellet gun, too brutal. Drowning....now there's an idea. Yeah, drowning would be the most humane.

My friend was the one who pulled the trigger, he should do it, but he just fell to his knees and cried. So the task fell on me. I held the poor creature under for an eternity, or at least until I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled him out and dropped him on the ground. I was sobbing uncontrollably while that poor thing was coughing up water.

I wish my father would have found out and beat me senseless, I deserved it.

We put him back in the coup with my sweatshirt in the most comfortable space we could find. Expected him to not live through the night. Shaking, from the obvious unnecessary stupid pain he was in, we left him, we loving left him to die. Despite all the trouble we went through to kill him, he made it.

Very few of our pigeons had names. He earned the name Dutch (Predator) that next day. He ended up being one of the most prolific pigeons I ever raised and lived a long, healthy, one eye life.

I haven't thought about killing another creature since. I won't.

Oh man, I feel like a lotta people have hosed up bird stories. I can remember my brother shooting a bird with a pellet gun and all of us feeling awful. Years later, there was that scene in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind where he kills the bird, and I instinctively started crying about it, not really understanding why, until I remembered that.

On the plus side, you found one metal rear end pigeon, so, maybe still a win?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Chinatown posted:

when i was younger i respected the mods lol

What a naive idiot for having respect for anyone on SA.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Brolander posted:

stuck a pencil straight up in a pew seat and my dad sat down on it hard and punched me in the stomach as a reflex. immediate karma but man i cringe and feel so so bad thinking about it and i will until i die. i was pretty young but still

He didn't die of lead poisoning did he?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Colonel Cancer posted:

JFC what is it with goons and animal abuse!!?

Kids do some pretty messed up things to animals. Most people will do something like that once and feel terrible about it forever, ensuring they never do something like that again. But every once in awhile you end up with some little Dexter motherfucker who really enjoys it and is probably going to grow up and kill people.

It's a pretty normal, if hosed up, part of development..... until it's not.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

LargeHadron posted:

Yeah, the BB gun thing. That really sucks. In high school, my best friend and I bought a BB gun and he was super into the idea of shooting birds with it. I didn't like the idea, but I played along and kind of half-assedly shot at them with no desire to actually hit them. He was a good shot and nailed one, and seemed overjoyed about it. In retrospect, he was probably just playing along too 'cause he thought I was into it, and either of us could have prevented it by just being honest with each other.

I don't have kids, and it's hard to imagine I've become this person, but yeah there's no way one of my kids would get a BB gun at this point. Mind you, daily shootings at public schools wasn't a thing back then, but it's still kinda messed up when you really think about how much that probably reinforced the idea of guns being a "toy" and not something horrifically dangerous and destructive.

Edit: Not trying to say anything about gun ownership as an adult. If you own them and are responsible, good for you. Only reason I don't is that I deal with sad brains.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Ughh facebook. There was this girl in our school, also from a really poor family, who just kind of went goth before anyone really knew who she was. The reality is that she was probably a really messed up kid coping however she could, but the entire class decided she was a garbage person who should be treated horribly. It didn't help that back then, teacher had no qualms about labeling the "bad kids", but we were still assholes and I feel bad about it now.

Earlier this year I went on facebook, hoping to see that this girl's life turned out great and I had nothing to feel bad about anymore. Instead, her life is a total mess, lots of drug use, and she was trying to raise money to get her kids back from social services through some sort of appeal process. While I don't think we are necessarily to blame for all this, it certainly didn't loving help.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Sjs00 posted:

Lol at feeling any kind of remorse for anything you ever did even after contact with friends from over 10 years ago and learning that they're struggling and instead responding with 'lol'

lol at the idea of not hating yourself for every mistake you've made in your life, large and (especially) small.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I had two friends that were always around for a few years. I got this sweet Gerber multi-tool thing, loving loved it. It went missing and I couldn't find it, and when only one friend was around, he mentioned that maybe the other kid stole it. I asked him and he said no. I spent like 6 months beleiving that the motherfucker took it and he was just enough of an rear end in a top hat to lie about it. Then I found it under the couch cushions. Turns out I was the rear end in a top hat.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Sjs00 posted:

Why would you hate yourself less for something large than for something small??
A child's life and death is larger than a lot, parent I assume? Parents are the absolute worst statistically

Just the way my brain works. I don't wake up thinking about the big things I've done that I regret. I've made peace with those through therapy and stuff. So instead my brain at 2am will go "hey, remember when you forgot to write a poetry for an assignment in 5th grade, so you copied one from the internet, and it ended up being an incredibly famous poem? Yeah, let's go over that on a loop for the next 3 hours."

Your brain is not your friend (or at least mine isn't).

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

ghost house posted:

When I was 10, my brother, a friend of ours, and I decided to scare the poo poo out of a much younger kid in our neighborhood. Since he was closest in age, my brother went to the little kid's house to see if he could play outside, took him into the woods that ran behind our houses, and "accidentally" ran into Jake and I. He and I had "been possessed by the devil, pulled a big crystal out from my backpack and started talking nonsense, and my brother began acting very afraid. I pulled out a cap gun and "shot" my brother, who broke a fake blood capsule while clutching his chest, falling to the ground. Jake and I ran away, and the poor little dude ran screaming back to his house while my brother laid on the ground.

Needless to say, his mom called our mom very upset. And needless to say, my mom reprimanded us for being "substantially hosed up."

lol, this is so elaborate for a group of 10 year olds.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

There was this kid Kurt in my class for a number of years, and I wasn't exactly mean to him, but we just very dismissive of the stuff he nerded out about, which in his case was military planes and helicopters and stuff. I even remember my friend telling me to lay of the kid, like he was super nice, who cares if he wants to nerd out about poo poo different than us.

Years later I realized not only that those things were actually pretty cool, but that the reason he was so obsessed with them was his father was a navy pilot but had more or less abandoned his mother and him, and it was his only real way of feeling a connection to his father. Last I checked he's doing pretty great in life though, and I think it'd be too weird to reach out and apologize at this point. Like it probably didn't have that much of an effect on him, I just feel bad for being a bit dickish about it.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

JonathonSpectre posted:

OK so I'm not sure if I've ever typed this story up here before but I might have so sorry if you already heard it.

Lol that’s amazing. I can totally understand the kid-logic behind this.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

The school bus I took throughout school went by a golf course, and when summer came and the windows were down, we prayed that we'd be driving by right as some asshat reached the apex of his back swing, so we could yell "FOUR!!!!" at the top of our lungs. It never failed to make them flip out and duck, and eventually turn around and flip us off.

Actually I don't feel bad about that one at all, gently caress golfers.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There was a girl I became friends with in 3rd grade and I really liked her in a completely platonic innocent way and we hung out all the time, but my other "friends" were jealous I was spending less time with them, said she was gross and that she was my girlfriend now, so I told her I didn't want to hang out with her because she was gross, which didn't satisfy my friends, and on valentine's gave her a homemade one that said "Roses are red, violets are blue, you are stupid and I hate you". She cried and told the teacher, the teacher made me make a new one identical to the ones I gave everyone else but otherwise didn't even loving punish me.

Look her up on facebook now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Local Weather posted:

I was in my early 20's when I pulled the screens off of the faucets in my parent's guest bathroom to use in my pot pipe. They still live in the same house and almost 20 years later have not ever replaced them. I didn't feel bad about it until I told my sister this fact a few years ago and she berated me for a good 5-10 minutes on how lovely this was.

One day I'll replace them I promise!

I ruined a perfectly good turkey baster creating a macgyver bong one time when I was home from college. Never told my mom about that one, but I'm sure she figured I did something stupid with it.