Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
The best thing for Terminator would be to make one without Arnold, without Skynet, and without any connection to the Connor family. Maybe even without time travel but still have it contemporary. Even if it means borderline adapting Snatcher, just do something else with it.

The core idea of Terminator was James Cameron having a spooky dream where he was being endlessly chased by an unstoppable loving thing. Skynet, time travel, and messianic Connors are the just the vehicle for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Reminder that the bar scene was shot across the street the same night Rodney King was beaten by cops.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

I rewatched the Matrix the other night and never noticed how much his software company boss reads as a program. I don't think he's supposed to be an agent, but he definitely mirrors a lot of Smith's mannerisms from later in the film. Either a human indistinguishable from a program, or a program itself. Works well as a critique of upward mobility either way.

When I was a kid in my early watches I thought he literally was Smith.