Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Not really. There are four excellent Alien movies (well, three with Alien in the title) and one okay one, none of which are AvP.

Well at the time it was just Alien, Aliens, Cubed, Resurrection, and AvP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tbf a movie is not reducible to a plot summary

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It would be really cool if like some Deep Mind Terminator that looked like a scuttling insect that unfolded into a weird near non-Euclidian shape came back from 20400 and just went ham on every other Terminator.

Lovecraft really hosed that word up, math teachers must hate that guy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

They’re marketing to boys and pink/purple are gay. Don’t kid yourselves

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

PeterCat posted:

Given the look on Alec Guinness's face I'm still not convinced that is not a character error rather than a writing error

the one makes sense and fits all the information on screen (han is a con man and a dipshit who lies several other times, ben is posh and got a good education who thinks he's an rear end in a top hat), the other is rationalization for not understanding the movie when you were 7

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Horizon Burning posted:

The script flat out calls it a lie on Han's part.

lol for real?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Even if you had good parents and didn’t get raped etc there’s the basic element that you’re a child with a job, and by and large child actors are either tv actors or supporting so it’s like...a full time job when you’re 6

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Wow, Dark Fate really isn't very good at all.

It's insane that they effectively removed the time travel stuff from the Terminator story, so it's pretty much just a fantasy movie about metal elves and wizards.

Ok I haven’t watched it, should I just to see what’s going on or

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's less essential than even T3, adding nothing to the series and actually retconning the more interesting parts out. It coasts entirely on familiarity with the other films, yet still barely functions as a narrative.

Also, the cinematography is the weakest to date, and the editing is bad.

i have better things to do with my life. thanks for the save

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stairmaster posted:

It's more specific than that because the movement and fluctation of splooge means what sperm creates the zygote is incredibly random. Like our births are one in a million possibilities.

“John Connor” is obviously a series of different people in the various movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Fried Watermelon posted:

HUMAN
CASUALTIES: 0.0

Casualties include wounded unable to fight, they were all casualties. Stupid robot!