Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

I jokingly made a post on Twitter about how Death Stranding does a story about America better than Hamilton, but I'm now wondering if there's some truth to it. I really need to get to my next playthrough and refresh myself with the story.

I'm only a few hours in and now I'm really curious to see where things go because while everyone is talking non-stop about America, it feels completely disconnected from anything remotely American in terms of culture, history etc. Like they could be talking about the need to reconnect Japan or Fantasylandia and it would have the same impact.

Otoh 'America as abstract concept as seen from Japan' is definitely somewhere on Kojima Bingo along with 'acronyms' and 'motherhood' so I'm sure it'll get more interesting weirder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Krazyface posted:

The other night I played through the cutscene where Sam meets Mama face to face, where she talks about her whole deal, and he had the otter hood up the whole time

I just beat Mads Clifford for hopefully the final time and the blood and tar-encrusted otter hood around Sam's neck really capped off the emotional cutscene.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is there something in-game about the cosplayer and spiritualist being twin sisters or is that just one weird bit of laziness reusing the same model?

I'm pretty sure the Cosplayer says she has a sister who's into weird stuff in an email.

Question: does doing these pizza deliveries get me anything decent? Because I really can't be arsed to walk all the way from Timefall Farm to that guy's shelter.