Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So when I have stuff like metal and resins is recycling the only option? I’m at the third place and I had some but couldn’t deliver them, and then my said I didn’t have access to a chiral printer despite the dude talking about having one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So do I have to take materials from hubs to build things with my PCC? I just unlocked the bridge and it requires 800 metal, do I need to carry that metal with me or will the bridge be built as long as I’m in the network of an area with those resources?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Hm, so things like bridges are probably going to be a bit out of my building wheelhouse for now since all I have is a backpack and my legs? Guess I need to figure out how to get a battery for this bike

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

xpost from the cspam thread

so trying the trip to port knot city i got taken by ghosts in the mountains and lost my bike and cargo, so had to start over. any advice for that trip? should i leave my bike behind because it's so rocky? try to follow the river? or maybe just throw some blood grenades at the BTs themselves before they get a chance to take me into the ghost lake? they're easier to take down than the squid whale thing right

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Hematic grenades are effectively silenced weapons so you can take down any number of BTs without alerting them.

oh cool. I just tried to drive my silly tricycle through them and then they sucked me into the tar and i got attacked by a squid which seemed resistant to my grenades. i'll try dismounting my bike at the bottom of the area and sneaking up on the BTs and clearing them out. thanks!

if i pull blood bags from the share locker are those full and thus replenish grenades or is it just another empty bag to put my blood in? also, if my BB gets autotoxemic, does that have a permanent negative effect of any kind or is it just until I get to my private room again?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Word thanks for the tips! I’ll make sure my bags are full and keep one equipped when I go to throw my grenades. I hope five is enough

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’m not quite getting it - I throw grenades at em and they get all ghost buster sucked into a blood thing and turn red and visible, but then when I try to get past them they suck me into the ground anyway? Do I have to throw a few to fully disperse them? I have five full blood bags and ten grenades I think

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Midjack posted:

It takes a couple of hits to dispel them. They will very obviously die when you’ve hit them enough.

Okay, I’ll try again, three times now I’ve gotten sucked into the ghost and BB has gone autotoxenic

It seems the lesser grenades just make them move a little ways away?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

In general are the no 1 grenades sufficient to clear an area to pass through? Like the rocky pass en route to the port knot

Also if you damage the bike how do you fix it?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Turn your difficulty down and it'll only take 1 hematic grenade to kill them

Cool, I have no compunctions about playing on easy or very easy, I like challenging games sometimes but I’m not in Souls mode when playing this, more thinking about infrastructure mode so I’m into trivializing the combat

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You can use whatever you feel comfortable with, really. No. 1 grenades don't get rid of the BT but it also doesn't care about you while it's fleeing from the Reedus Piss Cloud so they're totally viable. To repair a vehicle, drive it into a main distro center or waystation and send it to storage on the elevator platform (or go to the private room with it on the platform). When you retrieve it, it'll be back at 100% condition.

Thanks! I made it through with a few piss and like ten blood grenades....guess I’m always gonna need to keep a good stock of hematic grenades on me when doing story missions going forward

Timefall damages containers over time right? Or was it that AND driving over an absolute assload of rocks?

Ed: also used blood bags you trash, but what about used hematic grenades?

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 18, 2020

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Midjack posted:

I went rolling out with a couple of full boxes of hematic grenades in the early game, though you will probably refine your approach as more tools unlock and you get better at the game. Timefall was probably the main killer of packages, you don’t really bang them up on terrain unless you totally eat poo poo and the tape on the box starts flashing to indicate damage.

And yeah, hard difficulty only affects getting LEGEND OF LEGENDS S ratings on deliveries and gameplay wise only affects BTs, MULES, and terrorists so you can actually game it a little by setting low difficulty for most of the fame and only cranking it high when farming for the achievement. If you do plan to get achievements set it to hard as early as you can manage so you don’t have to redo as many missions.

Word thanks, I don’t care about achievements at all really, it’s nice to get them incidentally but I never seek them out or try to play games. As long as it doesn’t completely get rid of them (which it doesn’t seem to, Ive gotten a few on easy) it’s all good to me

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

Yeah timefall will damage the containers as well as falling on them or bashing MULES with them. You can repair them with container repair spray.

Cool, I was wondering how that worked and it’s neat that there’s actually a good amount in each container. As the mechanics slowly reveal themselves im really digging the way it allows you to save space instead of needing (like I had been assuming) 3 of everything

Also if anyone else new is reading this don’t forget to check share lockers, I just got fifteen free hematic grenades from the port one.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So uh someone built a bridge right on top of the lambda quest companion cube, I guess I have no choice but to dismantle it?

Ed: it’s a good bridge, really

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

I know there's at least one more Order for Sam that's optional. Sometime in Chapter 2 you can get an order to deliver cryptobiotes with a time limit to central knot from... Distribution Center West, maybe? I dunno, the timing to do it never worked out for me so I left the East without ever doing it. It probably unlocks something actually useful and I should go back for it but ehhhhh.

Those are all worth doing, it seems - I delayed leaving port knot to do a bunch of timed ones and got huge connection bonuses. None of them took more than 10 minutes even though they had a 45 minute time limit

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my Sam portrait in DS shows him with an assault rifle now that I’m at porter level 200 or so but I haven’t even seen a gun since I’m still in the third area with the preppers, I’ve felt this compulsion to do literally every delivery even well past having maxed out everyone to five stars. except lake knot it self, they really make you work for that fifth star

I am wondering though - if I chose not to build the roads would they still appear eventually? I’ve built every road I’ve come across by hauling tons of mats from different hubs every time and it’s a lot of effort but every time I get on I get like 8k likes for all my roads, and they make stuff SO MUCH easier. if I didn’t do that would other people still build them or are roads on the player to contribute to / finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I suppose this trip to the weather station from the South of Lake Knot distro would be better done on foot, I did it once but got an A and decided to try again and have screwed up twice since

Am I actually missing anything or screwing up in a meaningful way if I don’t get an S on something?

Also can you “clear” an area by just using grenades to kill all the BTs or do they respawn if you don’t go through the whole whale squid fight

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 26, 2020