Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Necrothatcher posted:

Finished it today and felt very happy that I managed to figure out how to cross the tar sea without looking it up or getting any hints from the game. Working out a solution from past experience and successfully trying it felt real good.

The only slight downer was the whale boss. It looked great but did no damage to me - does it even actively attack you? I just stood on a building and fired rockets at it for 5 mins.

I decided I wanted to build a safehouse before continuing on since Sam was close to exhausted, so while I was driving to Timefall Farm to pick up some alloys and poo poo, Die Hardman kept ringing me up with less and less subtle hints until he finally just outright told me what to do. I figured it out after the first hint you sarcastic dick I just wanted a nap first :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Late game spoiler, but In the last few major BT boss fights, is there a reason for the other players that jump out of the tar and throw you weapons? More specifically are they actual weapons from actual players? I figure they're just spawned from nothing and attributed to another player, but if I can dump grenade launchers into a pile to be thrown at other players, I want to pay it back. I went into a couple of those with only a bola

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like that the only two times Die-Hardman emotes is during major plot cutscenes, and when you get the pizza delivery and he gets really genuinely upset at the idea of you holding it sideways

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*Resting in a private room, Sam gestures for the player's attention then points at a giant plate of chicken strips*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How does sam take a poo poo without peeing, what kind of muscle control does he have

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
She explicitly says in that cutscene that she couldnt jump with the bomb, she could only either run with it, or jump away and save herself at the expense of blowing up the town

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If Sam does get added they have to do a bit where he's the one delivering the letters

His final smash is a BT loving eats Mario and the resulting voidout kills everyone.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CJacobs posted:

Whaaaat I love the melee fighting, it's really smooth once you figure out how to do the dodge move and stuff. I don't mind the gameplay being changed up every now and again (especially when they give you the choice to either do it or not), if it was ALL traversing mountains and crouchwalking around BTs it'd get very monotonous.

Honestly I havent figured out the dodge move and I still love driving into a MULE camp, whipping a box at someone, and Royal Rumble-ing the lot of them when the alarm goes up. Brawling with Sam loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
PISS