Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Banners going up

E3 knows what's up. That's going to be the most important game of E3.

Last year I was really hyped to finally see DMC5 and RE2 but this year besides DOOM Eternal I'm not sure what to expect. Sony is taking an off year because they have like 3 more big games before PS5 ramps up. I think I want to just see more about Outer Worlds. Bethesda's conference will be amusing because I don't think Todd is showing up, which is a good idea because the less said about 76 the better lol.

I'm hoping Arkane has something to show off since it's been a while since Prey and after Raf Colantonio left the company I'm not sure what's next for them besides supporting other games, which would be a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hello new Games home for the next couple weeks.

Report: Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, FF7R Part 1 (among others) on track for first half of 2020. Cyberpunk drifting between late this year/early next year.

Ritznit posted:

Why is Sony not showing up, and why is EA not doing a press conference? Sounds really weird to me. Did they give some pseudo explanations at least?

Sony did explain officially why they're not going to E3 right afterwards.

TL;DR: E3 as a trade show is losing relevance in an era of 24/7 internet news and the nature of E3 being an annual "megaton" news event doesn't work for them when they make fewer games which are bigger over a longer period of time. So I guess they saw the memes of people complaining about seeing Spider-Man and God of War multiple years in a row. From the sounds of things they're not coming back unless they have something important to show people, so expect them back next year.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it was pretty obvious that Sony had little to show last year since half the show was taken up by a guitar solo and Japanese flute man, so yeah I guess sitting out this year is the smart play.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Hello new Games home for the next couple weeks.

Report: Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, FF7R Part 1 (among others) on track for first half of 2020. Cyberpunk drifting between late this year/early next year.

Sony did explain officially why they're not going to E3 right afterwards.

TL;DR: E3 as a trade show is losing relevance in an era of 24/7 internet news and the nature of E3 being an annual "megaton" news event doesn't work for them when they make fewer games which are bigger over a longer period of time. So I guess they saw the memes of people complaining about seeing Spider-Man and God of War multiple years in a row. From the sounds of things they're not coming back unless they have something important to show people, so expect them back next year.

It's kinda hilarious that the FF7 remake is gonna be split across generations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I forgot Ghost of Hiroshima was a thing and I'm glad we are getting another samurai game on top of Nioh 2

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's kinda hilarious that the FF7 remake is gonna be split across generations.

this way they can focus on FF7:Remake: Part 1: Remake for PS6 instead of ever making Part 2

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The 7th Guest posted:

i think it's going to be a given that at least 75% of what will be in the PC Gaming Show will be on Epic Store, either exclusively or alongside Steam

they probably will give away a big name game too

god i hope so, watching all the dorks cry about that will be the best part of e3

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I just look forward to Star Citizen headlining the PC Gaming Show for the fiftieth year in a row with a release date of "soon"!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
star citizen epic store exclusive

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hello fellow #gamers are you ready for the next big console in your life! yes! i refer to the STADIA

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1135584478389264389

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I would like the Squeenix presentation to announce the sale of the Deus Ex and Ogre Battle IPs to developers who give a poo poo

also gently caress Stadia

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Finally, a successor to the OUYA.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't like stadia or any other sugar substitutes tbh.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

vandalism posted:

Good games are far and few between. I mean pc games; consoles don't count. I pick up a game and play it for like 5 minutes then wonder what the hell I'm doing. I don't know anymore.

Most games suck

Hope this helps

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Doom is good though

I'm so happy that I can still say that Doom is still good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

“They’re doing the right things,” Howard told IGN. “The things everybody is doing, in my mind, no one is screwing up at the starting line, which some people have done before.”

well if todd howard says it, who are we to doubt him

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They're going to be showing off some Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 stuff at E3 if I'm not mistaken. Really looking forward to that one.

Hopefully Capcom announces RE3Make or a Dino Crisis remake.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Why does everyone keep going on about Dino Crisis? Is it a bit?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Why does everyone keep going on about Dino Crisis? Is it a bit?

The Last Guardian and Crackdown 3 came out and now people have to scrabble to find something else.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Accordion Man posted:

They're going to be showing off some Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 stuff at E3 if I'm not mistaken. Really looking forward to that one.

Hopefully Capcom announces RE3Make or a Dino Crisis remake.

Actually they may start a day before E3 proper and then maybe let people play whatever gameplay they show off.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Bloodlines 2 is supposedly a late 2020, I’d be shocked if they let anyone other than themselves do a gameplay demo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hoping Outer Worlds is good enough to sucker punch Bethesda Softworks into the stone age and put to rest the argument of "well nobody else is making this kind of game so we have to forgive the 500 glitches and bad content"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

people can fly's new game?
https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1135569328982581249

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

I'm hoping Outer Worlds is good enough to sucker punch Bethesda Softworks into the stone age and put to rest the argument of "well nobody else is making this kind of game so we have to forgive the 500 glitches and bad content"

isn't outer worlds being developed by obsidian

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ah yes, Obsidian, paragons of stable, consistent game releases.

Chris Avellone isn't even part of Obsidian anymore so there's no guarantee the one thing they seem to do well (writing) is going to be as good as it usually is. At least we may finally be rid of Kreia lol

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Obsidian basically got to work on a finished game engine and still managed to produce a billion bugs

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The notion that Obsidian puts out extremely buggy games is a holdover from when they were constantly having to push games out the door half baked due to publisher demand. Now they put out games with a normal amount of bugs!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
obsidian games haven't been buggy in forever

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Obsidian won't kill Bethesda this year because Bethesda are going to unveil the ace up their sleeve they've been keeping in the wings in case of an emergency:

Brink 2

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

quote:

obsidian games haven't been buggy in forever
Or good

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cryostasis?!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

It can join the likes of wonderful open world FPS games like Kingdom Come: Deliverance!

...Oh

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Cryostasis?!

It can't be that Cryostasis right? Like everyone just forgot that one existed and they're using the name? :ohdear:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Apropos of nothing, hadn't Firaxis been teasing another XCOM recently? Slight possibility of an E3 reveal?

Orv posted:

It can't be that Cryostasis right? Like everyone just forgot that one existed and they're using the name? :ohdear:
Definitely the latter.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Definitely the latter.

:smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

why dont you quote normally mate

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

Obsidian won't kill Bethesda this year because Bethesda are going to unveil the ace up their sleeve they've been keeping in the wings in case of an emergency:

Brink 2

Brink? Now that's a name I haven't heard in years.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Detective No. 27 posted:

Brink? Now that's a name I haven't heard in years.

you haven't heard "on the brink of" in years, yeah right

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

you haven't heard "on the brink of" in years, yeah right

What is wrong with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Orv posted: