Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ziji posted:

Looking for some more direction or hints.

Black Hole Forge: What the hell do I do to get here? I have been trying for days and I can't figure out what I'm missing. I've tried hanging around White Hole Station thinking maybe something pops up there and I get on it but nope. I am lost as hell.

"More to explore": I have this on Sunless City, Hanging City, and White Hole Station. I swear I've been EVERYWHERE on Sunless City and White Hole Station so I am just lost as hell as to what else I could possibly be looking for.

Cacti, Ghost Matter, Anglers: Not so much looking for a spoiler but is there a special plot thing to grab to get rid of them? Especially the cacti are infuriating haha. Anglers I am generally able to avoid but getting to the Vessel has been a journey.

Also, if anyone has any just like "nudges" to give me toward anything that's kind of out of the way I'd appreciate it. I've seen spoilers about easter eggs or cool poo poo they stumbled upon but I didn't want to hit it for fear of spoilers.

BHF: Did you raise the forge? After raising it up I just got in my ship and flew up in there, the anti-grav floors kept the ship up there.

Ghost matter is just a puzzle you gotta figure out. Go up/around it typically. You cant get rid of any of these. There are hints for anglers in the game. Cacti dont hurt you if theyre under sand hinthint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think there was a bit stating she thought she only got there recently.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Something Im curious about. Maybe Im overthinking things

When does the the game begin? When you first wake up and see the probe fire, is that the probe that finds the Eye, activating the ATP when you happen to be next to the statue? Wasnt Gabbro already looping though? I forget.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Triarii posted:

Speaking of which, the solution to that puzzle didn't really make sense to me even after I figured it out. There are hints enough that that particular warp core is the key, but why do you have to wait for the column of sand to pass over it to be teleported downwards into the core? That doesn't seem consistent with the rules of how teleporters work in the game. Was there some writing somewhere that hinted that this particular teleporter would work this way?

Ember needs to be overhead, same as all the others.

KoB
May 1, 2009

snoremac posted:

I have the same problem if you're referring to the Lakebed! To answer Hwrump and Aphex, I've scanned the Lakebed Cave message about the Nomai finding their lost buddy and have also scanned the shard itself with the sound thingy.

Did you scan the writing from the guy trapped in the cave?

Krazyface posted:

Has anyone else had their button prompts change since the last patch? I'm now stuck with Xbox prompts, even though the game has only used Dualshock ones up until now.

I think theres a setting in the options to change this manually.

KoB
May 1, 2009
you can deffo just fly to it if you can nail it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Small question about Dark Bramble:

I found the escape pod and followed the path to the seed with the vessel inside it. I shot my scout in to take pictures and that was noted in the ship's log. The log note makes me think I was supposed to have gleaned something about how to get to the vessel from those pictures but uhh I definitely didn't. Is there a hint to be found there (don't tell me what it is) or am I supposed to just poke around the bramble until I find it.

If only you had some way to find your scout after shooting it. Like some sort of on screen distance tracker.

Space is funny in the bramble, your scout will show two coordinates once fired into the seed. Follow the other one.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Songbearer posted:

I never managed to solve any of the Quantum Moon stuff. I haven't read the thread at all to keep myself practically entirely spoiler free so I'll be interested to know what steps to take to get there. I'm assuming you have to use the shuttle but how on earth you make that thing go where you specifically want it to is beyond me.

Just land on it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

So It Goes posted:

Is there any sort of in-universe explanation for why when you first start the game, the sun doesn't explode after 22 minutes? I mean, I know the real reason is the game doesn't want to kill you during the tutorial stuff on Timber Hearth but it doesn't really make sense lore-wise. It's not like you start before the 22 minute loops either, you see the cannon exploding in the sky from the beginning, which should be 22 minutes before the sun explodes, but that isn't the case when you first start the game. I guess it's just a necessary plot hole for game convenience?

You dont notice any of the loops until that point. Thats just what you were doing before the loops started and coincidentally happened to be the closest person to the mask when the original loop started. Then 9000 whatever loops happened before the masks activate and connect you to the latest loop, which is the first time you play.

The loops were occuring at that specific time for thousands of go arounds but you'd never notice it because youre not part of the loop until "now".