Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
You typed a lot of words, but you didn't seem to really describe what kind of job you like and enjoy, or think that you might like and enjoy. Let's start there.

You get stressed if people grumble at you when things take longer than five seconds. I hate to tell you this, but in every single job someone is going to criticize you. It is probably good to not work in a retail/customer facing environment, but you in parallel need to develop better tools to deal with "abuse." I am deliberately using quotes because someone telling you to hurry up or ask why something is taking so long is not abuse.

There are a lot of very menial jobs that exist that you can just kind of show up, do the thing, and go home, but you will still get criticized from time to time. (Think like cleaning/janitorial, warehouse work, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
weird approach, friend

Just tell them "I took some time off for health reasons, but during that time I did a bunch of volunteering to help me figure out what I wanted to do when I went back to work. Through that I learned I like THING X which is coincdentally really important for this hostel receptionist job so I think it would be a great fit"

if your potential employer insists that you tell them what the health issues were, DO NOT WORK THERE. they can (fairly) ask if you need accommodation or if the health issues may interfere with your ability to do the work, but they should not ask you what, specifically they are.