Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Cessna posted:

Also, you don't always want your hatches locked - what if you have to get out in a hurry?

I'm no big-time big-city tankologist, but if I were designing a tank hatch it would absolutely be locked as hell from the inside to prevent someone climbing on top and dropping a grenade inside which would, I imagine, just ruin the tank crew's whole day

On the other hand, common sense tank design gets you WW1 type tanks, ie poo poo that will 100% kill your own soldiers faster than the enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Shut up Meg posted:

I get your explanation, but I still find it odd that something that is designed to be a really, really effective safe can be opened by someone with a bit of bent metal and some determination.

After the battle you'll need the ability to get soldiers out if they are wounded or dead without having to blowtorch it open