Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
if you send me beer and you're in Japan I'll send you cool Texas or Mexican beers. I've had the stuff you can get on airplanes & in restaurants (Sapporo, Kirin) but I feel like there are probably more than two breweries in your country. IMO if folks from different countries gave each other beer more often there would be less war but probably more birth defects. We would all be too defected to make war. long live beer 🍺

*i think it would be erotic if other people trade beer iTT too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

no, you can't

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
why japanese, specifically?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

My experience in japan was mostly lagers, lagers, lagers. Even searching around for craft beers I only really ran into like two red ales, an IPA, and a stout, and they were all pretty “meh”.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They sell it at Kroger’s near the Japanese ethnic foods.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Cubone posted:

its the anime beer

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
why would you want that

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Cubone posted:

lived there as a kid and I've been thinking a lot about A-bombs lately

I don't know what a Kroger is but it sounds like Whole Foods & I don't trust them. Id rather be turned into a tiny candle person and melted than walk into a whole foods like some Californian

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
try dan murphys

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_709123/sapporo-premium-beer-355ml

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Les Os posted:

lived there as a kid and I've been thinking a lot about A-bombs lately

I don't know what a Kroger is but it sounds like Whole Foods & I don't trust them. Id rather be turned into a tiny candle person and melted than walk into a whole foods like some Californian

You’d rather have a six packinternationally UPS’d to you than pick up some beer at a neighborhood grocery store?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

1redflag posted:

My experience in japan was mostly lagers, lagers, lagers. Even searching around for craft beers I only really ran into like two red ales, an IPA, and a stout, and they were all pretty “meh”.

I see no problem with this. Lagers are superior.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

You’d rather have a six packinternationally UPS’d to you than pick up some beer at a neighborhood grocery store?

Think how much more freedom will be implied in each sip.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I buy $20 six packs of beer because it's too expensive to buy enough to become an alcoholic.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Idk if its sold in the states but hitachino nest/kiuchi brewing does a good variety of styles. The white ale is quite good

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’ve had a few Japanese beers but I don’t think I’ve really ever had a great one. Nothing worth going the extra effort to import anyway

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
you realize there is literally an entire thread over in GWS for doing this right

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
What's the most remote or difficult-to-obtain beer?

Madagascar IPA? Greenland Stout? Vanuatu Light?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

good to see the kawaii pinku bento box kid is all grown up

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014

Les Os posted:

if you send me beer and you're in Japan I'll send you cool Texas or Mexican beers. I've had the stuff you can get on airplanes & in restaurants (Sapporo, Kirin) but I feel like there are probably more than two breweries in your country. IMO if folks from different countries gave each other beer more often there would be less war but probably more birth defects. We would all be too defected to make war. long live beer 🍺

*i think it would be erotic if other people trade beer iTT too

https://www.coedobrewery.com/en/

Pick a couple. I don't recommend their sweet potato beer, but it may be worth trying once.

Edit: Looks like they have an online shop now, if they don't ship to Texas send me a pm.

JacksAngryBiome fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 5, 2019

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

1redflag posted:

lol craft beer

lagers own

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you really want to impress her drink sake while practicing the katana, OP san

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Shipping liquids internationally is ridiculously expensive

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
can i have some winamp

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Ka0 posted:

I see no problem with this. Lagers are superior.

Ah. To be 16 again and legitimately think things like this...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

el dingo posted:

Idk if its sold in the states but hitachino nest/kiuchi brewing does a good variety of styles. The white ale is quite good

They do but it's pricy. The red rice ale is great.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
probably, op

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

He only drinks beer without the subtitles

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
you should order some Budweiser that was imported to Japan

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
texas beer sucks

my state's beer rules

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sapporo is not very good. Have you tried an IPA friend? It's a bit of an acquires taste, heh

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

el dingo posted:

I’ve found this in Canada and the US, maybe try going to a store that sells beer OP

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

There's no whole foods in my neighborhood or trader jims or sun harvest. there are big liquor stores down the highway but they don't sell what I'm looking for. the little ones around here have plexiglass separators too so you tell the shopkeep what you want and then they take a long look at their shelf and offer you hornitos. HEB is reliable for most everything but beer-wise it's hit or miss in my neighborhood. they mostly concentrate on local stuff and whatever macrobrews trying to pass off as coming from a micro

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

JacksAngryBiome posted:

https://www.coedobrewery.com/en/

Pick a couple. I don't recommend their sweet potato beer, but it may be worth trying once.

Edit: Looks like they have an online shop now, if they don't ship to Texas send me a pm.

Marihana, Shikkoku and the yam one look the best. I don't think they ship to TX and i don't have pms but post your email and tell me what kind of beer you like

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just hit up your local Japanese grocery store or Asian market. There's one around here that has over a dozen varieties of sake and shochu and some beers too.

If you don't live anywhere near a Japanese grocery store then you should probably move out of the Deep South or rural Midwest.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Just go to any Asian supermarket, like Mitsuwa, H-mart, 99 Ranch. Or even BevMo and Total Wine should have a decent selection of imported Japanese beers.

Do you live out in the country, OP? If so, stop doing that and you'll gain access all the Japanese beer you desire.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I drank Chang beer for a whole month in Thailand and make fun of "craft" beer all you want but the variety is great.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
op smells like a barnyard

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Thots and Prayers posted:

What's the most remote or difficult-to-obtain beer?

Madagascar IPA? Greenland Stout? Vanuatu Light?

Saudi Pilsner :thermidor:

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I'm on the West Side of San Antonio. Total Wine sells Kirin, Sapporo and the owl one someone said earlier. The gucci HEB has those too. There's a little early japanese grocery but it's more of the same

Jose Mengelez posted:

op smells like a barnyard

this is true tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Ah. To be 16 again and legitimately think things like this...

16 year olds think jagermeister is good and that you're cooler if you drink beer that's made in a weird way.

Lagers are the best.