Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Then those threads were hidden or radiumed away.

The best part about that is they did a price drop like, 30-45 days after listing. It's in Fort Garland. You cannot physically throw a rock anywhere within that towns' limits and hit land worth more than $1k an acre. Notable poo poo land companies, like BillyLand, will try their hardest to sell you a plot of desert for triple that. Try. And a good portion of those five acre plots are covenanted to death. So you have a $5k plot of poo poo, with a house just tempting people to walk into it, so it can kill them.

Happen to notice that picture with the biplane light fixture? Yeah, those people had kids living in that upscale rickety shack.

My fav part is that there was actually a pending sale on this POS and by some wonderful surprise was back on the market a month later...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrunkDog420
Nov 8, 2003

BLACK GOLD!

Hey OP, I saw more of grover's work in san francisco

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Groverhaus, Zybourne Clock, and Doobie's Dog House are the best things to come from this now dead and gay forum

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Rad-daddio posted:

procedural window generation

This is 99% of the throw up 3 story castles in Texas have fuckinmg stupid unaligned everything reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

CrunkDog420 posted:

this does look like a mess, but at the same time, it's a) all in a regular pattern and b) clearly on the back of the apartment building, so they phoned in the design in favor of giving everyone shittons of windows

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The lower offset windows are probably in the stairways. That makes sense, but we all know how much of that people don't have.

mindstorm
Jan 28, 2011

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

Did he? I just remember him going on a big butthurt tear about how GS-14 made him "LT Col.-equivalent" but they wouldn't give him priority boarding or some poo poo

also lol that the other GiP mod at that time had a Joe Paterno avatar

I thought he was lower than that, GS-12 claiming to be navy LCDR equivalent? Was that a fever dream.

Anyway, this saga is fantastic.

cnut
May 3, 2016

CrunkDog420 posted:

This hurts my brain.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

CrunkDog420 posted:

Christ. America hates aesthetics.

Also is there some rule in this parking lot that requires you to reverse into the space? lol

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

other people posted:

Christ. America hates aesthetics.

Also is there some rule in this parking lot that requires you to reverse into the space? lol

It's so you can get out faster when it starts to collapse.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

psychic chasms posted:

a big strong man, with a normal dick...a dick so regular, its physical condition is not even worth commenting upon...

a load bearing pillar

you dont even know it's there until it's gone

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
tfw your balcony is held on with drywall screws

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
lust for death clean skin

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
When your Skytrailer™ needs two window-mounted ac units

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
when you get tired of your kids running down the stairs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

lmao why do this

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao why do this

1. better view
2. piss off your rich neighbors

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I am not protected

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Rad-daddio posted:

1. better view

Spit in the face of the tornado gods

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Rad-daddio posted:

Is that a fuse box or a server rack?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That trailer might be in a flood prone swamp where it's normal to put housing on stilts they just took it way further

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

TheMostFrench posted:

Is that a fuse box or a server rack?

North American style circuit breakers. Could be other countries too but the European ones I've seen looked differently.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

He wanted to raise the intelligence of the trailer park

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

More than likely somewhere stupid like right next to a big rear end river and hence likely to flood loads.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao why do this

it's the flight control tower for when the tornado hits the trailer park

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Rad-daddio posted:

1. better view

I've seen some like this on the Gulf Coast. The area against the coast near Bayou la Batre (?) Alabama has some like that, between abandoned lots with stunning Gulf views

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's the flight control tower for when the tornado hits the trailer park

I love this.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
This is one of those abstract horror games like Anatomy where the buildings are sentient and changing

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Rad-daddio posted:

This has to be fake. The fact that the home is obviously not built out of mud and twigs indicates that they must have some concept of electricity and why this is quite possibly the most dangerous shower on earth.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Never stopped KBRs' electricians from wiring up shower trailers so the drains were hot.

But that was in Iraq about 15 years ago. Shoddy workmanship is the name of the game on any military base, unless it's a really important building.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Never stopped KBRs' electricians from wiring up shower trailers so the drains were hot.

But that was in Iraq about 15 years ago. Shoddy workmanship is the name of the game on any military base, unless it's a really important building.

:stare: How many people did that loving brilliant move kill?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

if you really like stairs that go nowhere, visit the winchester mystery house

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rad-daddio posted:

WHAT THE gently caress!

Reminds me, when we were looking at houses 4 years ago, one of them was an obvious flip job where they put some kind of recessed light fixture in the ceiling of the shower.

I wasn't too impressed with the rest of the place, but that definitely made me go, "NOPE!"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

LabyaMynora posted:

WHAT THE gently caress!

Reminds me, when we were looking at houses 4 years ago, one of them was an obvious flip job where they put some kind of recessed light fixture in the ceiling of the shower.

I wasn't too impressed with the rest of the place, but that definitely made me go, "NOPE!"

Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Blistex posted:

I don't even understand what they're trying to achieve there. Electric shower head?

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice

LabyaMynora posted:

I don't even understand what they're trying to achieve there. Electric shower head?

it's for when you don't have separate hot water plumbing, it's basically a heating element inside the shower head (yes it does sound incredibly stupid)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Yeah a lot of the 240v world just has instant heaters built into the shower head.

It is every bit as bad an idea as it sounds.

Truly impressive that "electric shower head" is only the third or fourth worst thing going in in that photo

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 11, 2019

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

LabyaMynora posted:

It's a very powerful smoke detector that doubles as a shower head. it's not rocket science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

Yeah a lot of the 240v world just has instant heaters built into the shower head.

It is every bit as bad an idea as it sounds.

Apparently these things were on the market in parts of Europe all the way up to the 80s. They were sane versions though that had isolated heating elements and all kinds of fail safes for protection. IRC the piece of poo poo in the picture is just a cheap piece of plastic where water runs over a live heating element. It's literally just a live mains wire bend into a coil.