Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cnidaria posted:

trillbillies were always destined to go maoist

they were headed that direction before the primary began in earnest. their embrace of electoralism was a temporary blip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Varinn posted:

the word 'performatively' must be destroyed

i'll see judith butler in hell

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mantis42 posted:

Why are there so many books on the old ones hidden in our nations libraries?

it's the last place americans would think to look

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
matt's thing about a military coup possibly being a thing that saves us from fascism because it's the one fully socialized institution is dumb as hell because all the poo poo he's talking about is completely intertwined with the private sector

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cool dance moves posted:

Wait is that seriously his loving take. I need a source.

it's in that last instagram video posted on youtube

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

one thing matt is right about is the real possibility of ubi implementation because of corona, it is a stabilizing option that plugs enough holes to keep this leaky boat afloat for another day

if you live in a poor enough area that's basically existed for decades via ssi/ssdi

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
a few dozen sheetrock supply and boat dealership owners getting bused in by ALEC or whoever to traipse around their empty state capitols with prefab signs demanding sit-down service at tgi fridays isn't a riot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
f plus more like f minus

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Amber was born and raised in a glass terrarium in an Indiana Trailer Park

if she was maintaining cultural authenticity she'd be a juggalo who calls her mixed race kid the n-word

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crane Fist posted:

dislike for "hipster affectations" like the banjo is a cargo cult of authenticity

no actual redneck has purchased a banjo in like 50 years

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tbf no individual's purchased a banjo since 1974. every appalachian studies student is given a complimentary one with their masters, and that's kept the market afloat

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

There's so much drama surrounding podcast these days. At least most of it is funny (like the "chapo-to-fash" pipeline" poo poo or Azealia Banks destroying Anna from Red Scare) unlike the poo poo where Alice Avizandium (a co-host on donoteat01's podcast) decided to start harassing another trans woman because that trans woman sublets a few of her rooms at extremely low prices to friends and therefore is actually a landlord who deserves death and to have her deadname posted around.

like I dunno, you ever just wonder how you go from normal poo poo like saying people should have their basic needs taken care of by the government and that workers should have control over their work, to saying that someone should kill herself and doing the most demented internet detective poo poo to find her deadname because she rents to her friends for half-market price, doesn't charge rent during the Covid-19 crisis, and pushes for her government to allow the house to be made into a co-op because this is apparently equivalent to the behavior of the slumlords of China that Mao hated for extorting the working class. Or hell, just getting into other insane poo poo like those tankies that think Star Wars is western imperialism and that masturbation is ruining the world.

i just wanna grill fer gawdsakes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxbu-bfbVY&t=25s

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

i'm hoping the libs reach a critical threshold in cringe posting that finally topples liberal media hegemony and quarantine snl and late night shows might just do the trick

nah they're just gonna keep getting worse

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

life is a joke posted:

WNYC and NPR in general *used to* have some of the most creative audio engineers in the biz from what I understand. I don't know much about the industry but this is something Scott Carrier said, and he is a genuinely amazing radio producer and I don't think he would make that up to suck up to NPR.

2002 isn't the olden days exactly, but it's before everyone's home computer could mix found sound and effects and do ~atmospheric immersive balancing~ so I can see how it would have been award-worthy back then. but lol at the idea of that cornball show winning anything after 2008 or so.

i dunno in 2002 i had a middling dell laptop and a free copy of cubase that came with a cheap usb mixer and could make annoying radiolab type shows where every few words in a sentence it cuts to a different person speaking it's not really that impressive a skill

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Militant posted:

except evangelicalism as a religion is dying just like all the others, sure they've managed to export it to the colonies but that's not stopped basically every church to bleed young members constantly.

yeah in terms of raw numbers evangelicals are about where mainline protestants were 10-15 years ago but they're dropping off just as quickly

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

which itself was just taken from the terminator

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You've been reading lf all along. Rhizzone is lf

specifically rhizzone's the lf posters who weren't nutbars. they all went to wddp/postplace/postgarden/wherever slashie is currently busy yelling at people

Prester Jane posted:

I wrote this piece about laissez-faire a couple of years back and it's since gone through some sort of strange journey and has been cited by at least one academic study and one book draft* that I am aware of. It's not the whole story but it's a pretty good summary.

* gave the author of that book something of an interview over Twitter yesterday

i dunno if i'd agree with that last part. lf sealed their fate by expanding their focus from lovely public figures to lovely posters, but it was essentially invaded by the first wave of tumblr narcissists and fyad posters upset that they were no longer the popular forums clique both of which just poo poo up the place nonstop the last year or so of its existence

The Muppets On PCP has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Apr 29, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Tedious mystic bullshit from cape wearing genre fiction fandom dorks

yeah matt's ig streams are getting a little out of hand

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

do you have a music podcast you'd recommend? song exploder is the only one I've heard that is dece but there has to be more surely

pod kast

Honest Thief posted:

what's matt's deal with better call saul? "why is this show exactly like breaking bad" because it's a sequel from the same creative team, it's not a wacky 90s spinoff

seems like he's using that as something to point to in arguing that prestige tv is a meaningless term

it's well-trod ground, even vox has said much the same

The Muppets On PCP has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Apr 30, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i hate nu metal and it's good

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Crane Fist posted:

They both have unbelievably garbage taste but Bryan's sheer enthusiasm for total poo poo is infectious. His co-host is just a loving drain though

yeah that guy's canadianness drags it down a bit

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Siljmonster posted:

Im all about Orcs.

orcs are just working class bostonians

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

orcs are classist, not racist. Mordor and the Orcs represent the “New Industrilized England” and the factory working class, while the shire represents the old England of roast beef and rural living.

The real irony in all of this is that tolkein conceived of the orcs as the corrupted industrial working class who were violently throwing the world out of balance with nature, unlike the "good" rural working class of happy-go-lucky peasants represented by the hobbits. This is a super british trope, but it's more Blake's "dark satanic Mills" than Kipling's "Gunga Din"

orwell's the road to wigan pier, or my life among the orcs

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the only remotely good thing associated with wh40k is bolt thrower

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

ime biological racism is pretty easily debunkable in liberals, but they have an annoying tendency to just substitute some ineffable cultural factor for biology

it's more a proxy for class e.g. jd vance

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

i just looked it up cause my cheap leather wallet is falling apart and i'm in the market for a new wallet. It's like $75 - $125 for ~RFID 5G MINDCONTROL WAVEFORM BLOCKING MILSPEC TACTICOOL~ snuff box.

lol

plus i think a metal wallet would be annoying to carry in my back or front pocket.

also they make normal leather wallets with RFID 5G UN AGENDA 21 JADE HELM MINDCONTROL WAVEFORM BLOCKING inserts so there's no need to carry around yet another giant lump of metal under your rear end

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
agwar the wrath of god

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Liz, I’m sure you are aware that your husband is on the spectrum. Please don’t do ableism on him for twitter likes.

the one episode of their podcast i listened to she said she knew something was up when she used his laptop and it was running gentoo linux

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Still blows my mind that getfiscal and babyfinland now have a podcast where they pretend to be orthodox religious marxists rather than post about it

don looks like enough of a sad sack he probably is legit into whatever flavor of catholicism he talks about

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao holy poo poo this podcast that did a review of cumtown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyqcAPcD34

"the hosts dont even introduce themselves"

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyqcAPcD34&t=1126s
and then the 3rd guy told a joke and the other 2 guys dont even laugh at it

lol yeah that dumb podcast is one of the best example of midwesterners being completely incapable of understanding irony

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hooplah posted:

Oh my god how can they comment on how cum town "breaks all the rules of being a good podcast" then talk about how successful they are with zero reflection, followed by a bunch of hacky shock jock sound effects

my favorite part was when the one guy talked about finding out nick has been on jim norton's show because they have a paid subscription to anthony cumia's show

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfsheim posted:

Actually listening to this whole thing was kind of unbearable because of how unfunny the hosts were but the part where they premiere a soundboard of a guy saying "no poo poo sherlock" on repeat to own nick for not having a job was that kind of anti comedy that wraps back around to being extremely good

i appreciate him letting us know that was the intro to their new segment where they play a clip of someone saying no poo poo sherlock in response to another clip for comedic purposes so that there was no confusion about why they played a clip of someone saying no poo poo sherlock in response to another clip for comedic purposes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Nick Mullen has repeatedly asserted that the virus works under the same principles of the Futurama killbots, that under statistical/epidemiological forecasts it has to infect a certain number of people, can someone who is good at science explain what the gently caress he’s talking about?

hard-R0 value

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1259245045074575363

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

your overpriced cast iron (also old fashioned garbage)

a cast iron pan costs like $20

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

[citation requested}

https://www.target.com/p/lodge-12-cast-iron-skillet/-/A-10291923

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tbf they've jacked the price recently because the last time i bought a lodge pan at walmart it was only $15

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

you could say that they are overpriced then

i win submit to my posting powress

(they're also obsolete, like gas stoves or perculators)

they're still cheaper than half-decent regular pans and have a nonstick surface without teflon which you shouldn't be eating anything cooked in

if you want to rage against an expensive bougie cookware trend there's carbon steel pans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
guess i'll just go back to using bricks tossed through living room windows with notes attached to tell atlantic staffers and the cast of will and grace to eat my rear end