Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Ramadu posted:

Those people are dumb as hell smh

Gas ranges expose their users to low levels of incomplete combustion products like NO2, CO, formaldehyde, and fine particulates. Way more than electric stoves though and those things are not good for the developing lungs and brains of children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

open a window smdh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

uber_stoat posted:

leftist comedy wine podcast
*sips glass*

now enough about MY podcast...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dmitri-9 posted:

Gas ranges expose their users to low levels of incomplete combustion products like NO2, CO, formaldehyde, and fine particulates. Way more than electric stoves though and those things are not good for the developing lungs and brains of children.

yeah but electric stoves suck

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I've spent the past couple weeks taking care of a relative and they have one of those totally flat electric stovetops and I never thought I'd miss my dumb electric coils but here we are

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

I've spent the past couple weeks taking care of a relative and they have one of those totally flat electric stovetops and I never thought I'd miss my dumb electric coils but here we are

oh my god they are impossible to get totally clean. i always felt like i'd break it slinging around cast iron too

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Goon Danton posted:

I have one and I hate it so loving much

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ramadu posted:

Who the gently caress prefers electric stoves over gas :psyduck:

I grew up in an area that didn't have gas so just got used to cooking on electric stoves. Then I moved somewhere with gas cooking & suddenly everything cooked quicker & I was used to a way more sedate pace & the rhythms of working on an electric hob. I recognise that gas is better but I just like familiarity in the kitchen or else I get irrationally stressed out.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
with electricity you can have the induction kind of stovetop which is actually the best.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

NUCLEAR 👏 POWERED 👏 STOVETOPS 👏 NOW 👏

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

thotsky posted:

It never ceases to amuse me that you can barely describe a podcast, never mind criticize it, without people getting upset. It's like a film thread, but every film is Star Wars. People, me included, get crazy personal about them.

Anyway, yeah Disgorgeous can be okay if you have some interest in wine, and have a high tolerance for aimless yapping. I would recommend it if you, like me, are incapable of being alone with your own thoughts, and do not care when someone calls a type of wine you like something vaguely insulting.

lol nobody is upset, people are making fun of you and your opinions

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Crankit posted:

with electricity you can have the induction kind of stovetop which is actually the best.

correct

pssh, cooking with gas. do you also light your home with whale oil? preserve your food in clay vessels? listen to podcasts by having your slaves read you the transcripts?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Electric coil stoves own, but I will always think fondly on the missed opportunity of Project Gasbuggy bringing irradiated natural gas into my home

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i moved a few months ago to a place with gas stoves and these things are pretty wicked i've gotta say

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gas is the harley davidson of stoves: expensive, prone to breaking down and killing you, old fashioned and destined for the scrapyard. In conclusion electric cars, electric stoves, electric lovers for all T-man 2020.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Gas stoves are better

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

electric stoves loving suck. you have no control over your heat level and it's slow to respond to changes, whereas gas is immediate. there's a reason professionals all use gas ranges.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol nobody is upset, people are making fun of you and your opinions

My opinions are the best, you're just jealous. :colbert:

Gas is messy. You'll spill something, it gets burned on there and there are all of these nooks and crannies making cleanup a bitch. In most cases a good induction will get you equal or better performance, with much easier cleanup at lower running costs. I would prefer gas for wokking, but even then only if we're talking a proper wok range, induction is still preferably to wokking on a conventional stove top burner. Just make sure your induction is well ventilated and it's pretty much the ideal solution available.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i prefer gas stoves too but it does seem like we'll eventually have to transition away from them for cleaner (electric) stoves

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's probably an electric tea kettle thing. Over in jolly ol' 'ngland gu'vnar they work faster than they do in the US. Presumably doubling the pay of the electrons to 230 volts (IANAE) would also make electric stoves heat faster as well. But you gotta admit, piping a deathly greenhouse gas that at best smells of rear end about just so your overpriced cast iron (also old fashioned garbage) heats up 30 seconds faster is dangerously close to boomer mindset. ya'll old.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I won't be sold on electric until I can hold a pan a centimeter off the surface and still have it cook

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

MizPiz posted:

I won't be sold on electric until I can hold a pan a centimeter off the surface and still have it cook

buddy it’s not induction, it’ll just cook real bad

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

potent induction stoves are amazing poo poo but fire makes more taste...?

there are those chinese induction wok stoves that are probably how you do the tiebreaker: if you can get wok hei with those induction wins

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I just wanna grill for gods sake

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s 2020, only scrubs don’t cook without an induction hob anymore

also quite amused that the succ-Lib cohost with Mark blyth on the Watson institute pod has finally broken and wants the whole political system to burn

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s 2020, only scrubs don’t cook without an induction hob anymore

also quite amused that the succ-Lib cohost with Mark blyth on the Watson institute pod has finally broken and wants the whole political system to burn

oh has she? good, she sucks so much and i cant listen to the blyth podcast for more than 5 minutes because she's unbearably clueless lanyard succ. i actually like blyth a lot (despite some noteble shortcomings) so maybe i'll try their latest ep.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
cracking first people skulls and spoiling hundreds of miles of wilderness because I'm a cooking snob

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It should be illegal to play Tool on the radio

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nobody has ever enjoyed a tool song unironically it is quite sad

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

gh0stpinballa posted:

nobody has ever enjoyed a tool song sober it is quite sad

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The first thing I did when I moved into my current house is replace the electric hobs with gas

No regrets

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i prefer gas stoves too but it does seem like we'll eventually have to transition away from them for cleaner (electric) stoves

maybe one day, but for now, if your electricity is coming from a fossil fuel plant then a gas stove produces less emissions because of inefficiencies in generating electricity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56DSH8tKUvo

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

T-man posted:

It's probably an electric tea kettle thing. Over in jolly ol' 'ngland gu'vnar they work faster than they do in the US. Presumably doubling the pay of the electrons to 230 volts (IANAE) would also make electric stoves heat faster as well. But you gotta admit, piping a deathly greenhouse gas that at best smells of rear end about just so your overpriced cast iron (also old fashioned garbage) heats up 30 seconds faster is dangerously close to boomer mindset. ya'll old.

electric stoves are two-pole breakers so are 240V already and sized for a 40A continuous load.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

fermun posted:

electric stoves are two-pole breakers so are 240V already and sized for a 40A continuous load.

Your mom is sized for a continuous load.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

nobody has ever enjoyed a tool song unironically it is quite sad

Imagine going to all that effort of writing songs that replicate the Fibonacci sequence or whatever but then being like okay this song is about rear end loving

Tool is that one piano joke from spinal tap stretched out over 20 years

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

T-man posted:

overpriced cast iron (also old fashioned garbage)

aaaaa

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

your overpriced cast iron (also old fashioned garbage)

a cast iron pan costs like $20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is there a Youtube thread?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

a cast iron pan costs like $20