Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some of those are okay but man they went all-in on the creep-on-a-teenage-girl factor of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah I can't imagine them locking a superboss to two characters now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly it's probably not worth stressing out about healing in the early game. You get so many Chocolates and Candies that you can survive until Kevin (or whoever) gets their healing spells.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Dont worry Riesz being a prim and proper dork who turns into a robot a few times fits well with Elmer Charlotte and whatever the hell Kevin is supposed to be.
And dont think theres anyway to change difficulty.

Only real thing that bugs me so far is class changing taking oddly longer than it should and that it doesnt reset points.

You reset points at the Black Market.

Later on you find Goddess Scales which just let you redo your entire tree if you want.

There is a difference in 4th tier classes since your 4th tier will retain the passive bonuses of whatever set of classes you took to get to it, so even though there are just Light/Dark they can have different passive abilities.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I got extremely lucky and pulled the classes I wanted for Reize and Hawkeye in my first two seeds.

I then proceeded to get nothing but more classes for them while poor Kevin languished for ages.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zehnoa I feel is just not a well designed boss fight. The camera sucks super hard in that area, the AI basically have no idea how to handle his gimmicks, and most of the difficulty just comes from those two things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The same kind of enemies who dropped them in the original still drop them in the remake. If you're doing the H/R plotline there are demons in their unique dungeon which drop them and are like five steps away from a save point.=

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sigher posted:

Can you respec and reclass in this release? I'm going to assume no.

So far I just got gnome and I prefer this remake over the original because the combat is more enjoyable, but man I do miss the sprite work. Square did well here all around.

Yes, you can.

Respec at black market, Reclassing comes a bit later.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sigher posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, I'm glad I asked, now I don't have to worry about loving my build and class picks.

You still want to consider your picks because it's a bit of a pain to reclass but respeccing the class you chose is easy peasy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

Okay, I think I'm going to go Hawkeye/Riesz/Angela and just deal with not having healing, it's cool, I'm sure it'll be fine

Any tips on class paths? I'm planning to go light for Riesz for the HP restore passive and buffs, but I don't know what's going to be the most fun for Hawkeye and Angela. Ninja Master and Grand Diviner seem popular? How are Hawkeye's light classes this time around (or would they not really offer much to this party in particular)?

I enjoyed Ninja Blade Hawkeye because with several skills he could just mash Triangle/Charge attack and instantly delete every non-boss enemy and then poo poo debuffs onto any boss enemy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Legend of Mana really depends on how much you enjoy just fuckin' around. It isn't going to tell you poo poo and what plot it has is mostly perfunctory.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

They should go the opposite direction and give the cute little gremlin character a deep gruff voice.

I too liked Xenoblade 3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Also, side note, Koichi Ishi looks so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

He's still got Watts. But yeah, losing the fairy was a real bummer.

So you would say he has his Anchor, Watts?