Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Actions will be decided by random draw. Everyone gets a post or multiple posts, and I'll randomly choose one. Every post is an entry, if you post one, and talk 4 times in thread, that is 5 entries, I will pick your action if one of your thread chat posts is picked by random draw.

Turn 0 start:

Warning, Demonic presence detected

Available Actions

Scan
Go Left
Go Right
Go Dig
Upload
Build <structure>
Create <item>

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Scan! Love the art!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Dig. Dig deep and dig greedily

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Scan!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

GO LEFT

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Create <Time Sink>

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

CREATE <TRICORDER>

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Build a monument to our personal glory

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XClvMMxBg1k

Life Form(s) Detected: Designation Astral

The Tiny blue creature reaches out a hand and waves, beckoning you farther into the forest. It’s eyes are wide but not scared. Anticipation maybe? It reaches out to beckon you further into the forest. The trees are pushed aside, and a trail into the forest is revealed. If you look carefully you can see tiny eyes blinking at you, watching hesitantly, like a cat right before it pounces on a particularly tangled bit of yarn.

Time Anomaly Detected: Extinction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OtN8NdatQ

Life Form(s) Detected: Designation Mechanical

“Look at that would ye,” The first guard yelled to the other, “Someone popped themself right out the shrine.”

The second guard looks at you, his metal helmet expressionless, “Yeah right so? People go and pray at the shrine all the time.”

“Right but this one looks all. Wrong. Don’t you see it, like they ain’t got no edges.”

“I don’t see it, looks like a normal dude to me.”

“Describe them to me then!”

“What?”

“Describe them.”

“They’ve… got a plain face, they're average height, and they're dressed normally”

“Normally for what? For a peasant, for a shrine maiden, for a noble.”

“I don’t know, they're dressed normally. Like a normal person”

“Are they a man or a woman. Are they muscular? Are they Lithe”

“They’re normal build I guess?"

“I’m tellin’ you that thing is playin' at human. That’s for sure.”

“Well stab it then and be done with the conversation, but I ain’t going to get my blade dirty just because someone looks a bit off to you.”

Time Anomaly Detected: Structural

Pinky Promise not to click on anyone's spoiler but your own.

Ralith posted:

Secret Society: Cartographer

Every Cartographer gain +1 Cartography Points When a new area is found.

Can use the secret “Map” Ability to update the map whenever 5 points are gained. This action is done additionally with the highest voted action. The Map ability lets use a “Go” Action in addition to the current chosen actions. Ties are broken by the secret society leader. If your “Go” action is not picked by your leader, than you will be refunded the points spent for that ability.

Cartographer

Leader Ability: If you declare yourself Leader of your secret society, your vote gains an additional vote for every absent player in your secret society. As leader you would be outted as leader of your secret society. You may vote at any time. Anyone can message you and ask to be a part of your secret society. Gain a new leader ability, once your secret society has done it’s secret move three times.

WereGoat posted:

Secret Society: Archivist / Craftsman Spy

Every Archivist gains +1 Archivist points whenever the history of something or someone is found.

Can use the secret “Archive Search” Ability whenever 5 points are gained. The Archive Search ability will let you ask 1 question, and it will be answered truthfully, and will be explained why this information is useful to you Right Now. This is done immediately, between turns when used

Every Craftsman gains +1 whenever a new item/structure is created, scanned or Uploaded.

Can use the secret “Summon” move whenever 3 Craftsman points are gained, can create 1 item, creature, or structure that has been uploaded previously. This is done immediately between turns.

Can use the secret “Instant Upload” whenever 5 craftsman points are gained, can Upload a creature without weakening it first.

Leader Ability: If you declare yourself Leader of your secret society, your vote gains an additional vote for every absent player in your secret society. As leader you would be outted as leader of your secret society. You may vote at any time. Anyone can message you and ask to be a part of your secret society. Gain a new leader ability, once your secret society has done it’s secret move three times.

AJ_Impy posted:

Secret Society: Craftsman / Archivist Spy

Every Archivist gains +1 Archivist points whenever the history of something or someone is found.

Can use the secret “Archive Search” Ability whenever 5 points are gained. The Archive Search ability will let you ask 1 question, and it will be answered truthfully, and will be explained why this information is useful to you Right Now. This is done immediately, between turns when used
Every Craftsman gains +1 whenever a new item/structure is created, scanned or Uploaded.

Can use the secret “Summon” move whenever 3 Craftsman points are gained, can create 1 item, creature, or structure that has been uploaded previously. This is done immediately between turns.

Can use the secret “Instant Upload” whenever 5 craftsman points are gained, can Upload a creature without weakening it first.

super sweet best pal posted:

Can use the secret “Map” Ability to update the map whenever 5 points are gained. This action is done additionally with the highest voted action. The Map ability lets you force one of the available actions for the turn to be a “Go” Action Ties are broken by the secret society leader. If your “Go” action is not picked by your leader, than you will be refunded the points spent for that ability.

Cartographer

Leader Ability: If you declare yourself Leader of your secret society, every member of your society will vote. your vote gains an additional vote for every absent player in your secret society. As leader you would be outted as leader of your secret society. You may vote at any time. Anyone can message you and ask to be a part of your secret society. Gain a new leader ability, once your secret society has done it’s secret move three times.

Junpei posted:

Secret Society: Archivist

Every Archivist gains +1 whenever the history of something or someone is found.

Can use the secret “Archive Search” Ability whenever 5 points are gained. The Archive Search ability will let you ask 1 question, and it will be answered truthfully, and will be explained why this information is useful to you Right Now. This is done in addition to the current action

Leader Ability: If you declare yourself Leader of your secret society, every member of your society will vote. your vote gains an additional vote for every absent player in your secret society. As leader you would be outted as leader of your secret society. You may vote at any time. Anyone can message you and ask to be a part of your secret society. Gain a new leader ability, once your secret society has done it’s secret move three times.

TheCog posted:

Secret Society: Craftsman

Dog Kisser posted:

Can use the secret “Map” Ability to update the map whenever 5 points are gained. This action is done additionally with the highest voted action. The Map ability lets you force one of the available actions for the turn to be a “Go” Action Ties are broken by the secret society leader. If your “Go” action is not picked by your leader, than you will be refunded the points spent for that ability.

Cartographer

Leader Ability: If you declare yourself Leader of your secret society, your vote gains an additional vote for every absent player in your secret society. As leader you would be outted as leader of your secret society. You may vote at any time. Anyone can message you and ask to be a part of your secret society.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 25, 2019

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Go Left :goleft:

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 24, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Talk to the mechanical life forms, ask them what they're guarding or whatever.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 24, 2019

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Scan Structural Anomaly

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 24, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Build Cartographer Headquarters

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 24, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could everyone put their votes in spoiler tags for me? Voting is supposed to be secret.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I missed out on the first choice of actions but I still wanna participate plzkthx

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I missed out on the first choice of actions but I still wanna participate plzkthx

Don't worry, just post a vote for an action un spoilered (so that I know you need a group.)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Scan Anomaly Designated 'Extinction'

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

E: misread how something works, if any of my society read what I said before, hey, let's catch up! Either way, oops.
We need to find a way to make ourselves known to each other secretly first though, so questions to Turtlicious:
Should all communication be spoilered in this thread, or are DMs allowed?

Spoiler @Turtilicious only
I declare myself leader of the Craftsman society

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 25, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything should be spoilered in thread, so I can keep up with it, and people who don't have PM's can play.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Go between the guards at maximum speed!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm writing an update right now, but a heads up I'm dropping the hidden role mechanic because it was confusing as hell, I didn't have anything written down, and don't remember how it's supposed to work. So this will just be a normal CYOA that updates at a much brisker pace.

6 posts, 6 sided die: 1d6 6

E: So from now on, I'm just rolling and choosing one at random.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 5, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ralith posted:

Go between the guards at maximum speed!

The first guard pulled out it’s weapon, as our avatar approached it. It was spurred on, and like a shot out of a cannon it rolled right through. The guard gives chase as the avatar barrels through into the city proper. The city was tall and glittering, lights shining everywhere, the building stood stacked on top of each other like a wavering pile of books, the whole city swayed in motion, back and forth, with hidden alleys and pathways sprawling all out beneath you.

The guard barked something but the avatar’s sensors weren’t powerful enough to pick it up. A tiny creature beckoned to you, “This way, come on!” appearing out of a doorway, that didn’t seem to exist a moment ago. Its face is wrapped in bandages, and its voice is high and piercing. It waves to you from the shifting buildings, as the door becomes an alleyway, and then a tunnel, before becoming a door once again.

The streets are alive with multicolored machines, with bored operators at the helm. There’s just enough space for you to grab onto if you’re lucky.

There are 3 doorways that are not shifting, one is unmarked, and the other two describe a book store, and a Wand Shop

Pick 1:

1. Scan <Creature>
  2. Scan <City>
  3. Scan <Single Axle Vehicle>
  4. Scan <Write-In>
  5. Ask/Say Creature <Write-In>

Pick 1:

1. Go To Bean’s Bookstore
  2. Go To Ward’s Wands & Wobbles
  3. Go To the Unmarked Building
  4. Go To <Write-In>
  5. Follow Creature
  6. Commandeer <Single Axle Vehicle>
  7. Upload <Single Axle Vehicle>
  8. Build <Write-In>
  9. Create <Write-In>

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 6, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Scan the book store! The weakness we're looking for is Structural.

Enter the wand shop! Could be some magic poo poo in there.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A 2 :smugwizard:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
A5

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
D9

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Junpei posted:

Scan the book store! The weakness we're looking for is Structural.

Enter the wand shop! Could be some magic poo poo in there.

:yeah:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We’ve gone through the log file for the world, and a lot of this guys data is corrupted. We have no name on file, and when we tried to dig deeper through his history, there’s parts of the data that’s completely unreadable. This only happens when there’s time disruptions. They’re an anomaly, and I would recommend being very careful with them. They don’t seem to align themselves with the Daemons. When trying to tie down his time signature, we find multiple. This may be many of a single entity. Possibly a hive mind? More scans are required.

: Now that THAT’S handled, welcome to Ward’s Wands & Wobbles, I’m Ward. How can I help you today? Be quick, the fascists that run this city can get paperwork filed faster than you’d ever believe. They’re probably calling up their personal judge now. Anyone who pisses of the local Leo’s is a friend in my book.

: The guards are going to be waiting by the front door, I don’t have a secret exit, but I can give you a few armaments. Good thing you ran into my shop and not the boot licker who runs the book shop next door.

Ward steps out from behind his desk, and starts to collect a few little piles of goodies. In one pile is a wand and a few potions, the next holds a fairly large sword and shield. In the final pile, was a small capsule on it is a drawing of a small machine of some sort.

: So what’ll it be Magic, Melee, or Mechs?

After Picking your armaments, what do you do?

D: Wait with Ward inside the shop for the Leos (Choose one of the D Options)
D1: Ask Ward about any changes in his society
D2: Inquire why Ward is at odds with the Law Enforcement Officers.
D3: Scan items in the shop
D4: Scan Ward
D5: Write-in a question
E: Rush outside with your new gear and test it out on the local Leos
F: Go outside and ask CD_01 for help
G: Run next door and see if there's a way to slip through the book store.
H: Steal a car from the busy main street
I: Write-in

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Magic!

Let's see... our target is an anarchist, and these guys are fascists, so he must be fighting the power.

D5: Are there any rebels against these guys?

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Mech + H!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Mech F

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Mech I

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

2. F. We need CD_01 as our comrade. We could aspire to be his co-equal apprentice in anarcho-wizardism, or we could embrace a diversity of tactics and go with the mech. Melee combat doesn't seem practical in a world of spells and machines.

1. Mechs. If CD_01 doesn't have any spells to help us evade the pigs, mechs should give us the best chance of standing up to them.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://orokos.com/roll/744581

WereGoat posted:

Mech + H!

The machine beeps to life when you enter the driver’s seat. The heads up display lights up on the touch panel windshield. A list of locations flash on the screen, winding labrynths floating as each display is highlighted. The machine beeps at you, and the words flash on screen.

“Where would you like to go today?”

A.) Work 2.4 miles 5 minutes
B.) PREVIOUS LOCATION: The Banana Bucket 4 miles 7 minutes
C.) Home 5.6 miles 7 minutes
D.) PREVIOUS LOCATION: Tim’s Bar and Grill 6.7 Miles 9 minutes
E.) PREVIOUS LOCATION: Thereus Police Department (TPD) 12 miles 15 minutes
F.) Search? (Manual Input, Write-in.)

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 23, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
F, search for "Rebel"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
F) Pick up CD_01 and go to Banana Bucket

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 23, 2019

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

F) Pick up CD_01, ask him where to go

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
F.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HBar posted:

F) Pick up CD_01, ask him where to go

: That was beautiful friend, you can’t be all bad with move like that.
: I’ve got a place near by that we can liue low in till the heat dies down. Normally there’d be a big initiation but splatting 2 guards within your first 30 minutes of coming to town tells me you’ve got your head on straight, maybe your exactly what we need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwrO5TdVSXA

: Let’s split fast, you’ve got a car and I’ve got directions.

]: God more of these things, it’s like every cop in the city is infested with wind elementals. Gross.
]: Do you want to drive? Or Run interference?

: <He holds out to you a solid grey steel tube, etched in bright red ink on the side reads Doom Tube>

A.) I drive, you work the Doom Tube
B.) I drive, you use this Mech ward gave me to fight them off.
C.) You drive, I work the Doom Tube.
D.) You drive, I’ll use my Mech to fight them off
E.) gently caress lying low, let’s go to the Guards Headquarters and finish this now.
F.) Write-In

During your drive, you will get a chance to ask Questions of CD_01 Pick 3:

G.) Where are we going?
H.) Why are you helping me?
I.) Where did you get the Doom Tube?
J.) What do you think the Time Daemons are?
K.) Are there more of the Time Daemons here?
L.) Have you noticed any changes in the city?
M.) Why don’t you show up in any of our scans?
N.) Write-In Question
O.) Write-In Question
P.) Write-In. Question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
AK-47 :jihad: