Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who had the secret ten thousand point prediction that Katsuyori Shibata would be doing spots at the finals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kota Ibushi has won the G1 which means the inaugural Goon1 Climax winner is none other than Do not even ask with a huge 191 points out of 320! Let's give them a round of applause, folks! :golfclap:

While we didn't need to go to the tiebreaker there were 35 MOTYCs across the tournament :stare: Nobody was able to guess that total dead on but props to Ganso Bomb, Artelier, Baron La Croix and forkboy84 for all being one away :)

The final standings were:

1. Do not even ask (191 points)
2. John Dudebro (182 points)
3. HidaO-Win (174 points)
4. SG Bamboo (173 points)
5. Ishin (171 points)
6. Power Windows (169 points)
7=. Captain Magic (168 points)
7=. GEORGE W BUSHI
8. Go RV! (166 points)
9. Rarity (165 points)
10. TriffTshngo (162 points)
11=. Kevino7 (161 points)
11=. Super No Vacancy
11=. Artelier
12. Insertnamehere31 (158 points)
13. Schneider Helm (157 points)
14. karmicknight (154 points)
15. Bard Maddox (148 points)
16. STONE COLD 64 (147 points)
17. an_mutt (142 points)
18=. extradite THIS! (141 points)
18=. try the new taco place
19=. cams (139 points)
19=. Rodney the Piper
20=. Venomous (135 points)
20=. Ganso Bomb
21. SatoshiMiwa (132 points)
22. Gaz-L (131 points)
23. Looten Plunder (129 points)
24. Veryslightlymad (128 points)
25. KoldPT (122 points)
26. Benne (121 points)
27. Peanut President (120 points)
28. GenericMartini (117 points)
29. forkboy84 (116 points)
30. VJeff (115 points)
31. Gumball Gumption (113 points)
32. Lid (112 points)
33. Dr. Dirt (111 points)
34. Baron La Croix (108 points)
35. Jerusalem (99 points)
36. UnlimitedSpessmans (84 points)
37. Sticky Nate (74 points)

That's right, after spending the entire Goon1 at the back of the pack your #1 scoopsgal pulled it together on the last two nights to break into the top 10 :toot:

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i came painfully close to victory but choked in the final stretch. i am the one who must wrap it up, for today i am the naitailure

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Great job on the contest Rarity, was a lovely little bit of extra spice in the G1.

Also I should really make came 3rd in the SA G1 2019 Pickem a part of my gimmick as its just about at the correct tension pojt between cool and lame.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
TOP TEN BAYBAY WOO

no i don't care that there was a tie for 7th meaning i was technically 11th let me have this

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Rarity, thanks for doing this.

I did so bad I had to change my username.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
yay im not last

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thanks for hosting!

Put my faith in LIJ and got burned which is my mistake but was fun

Need to figure out Gedo and his booking better

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Thanks for hosting! Had lots of fun, and I did pretty well for my first G1.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Much like my relationships, all the glory was spent on night one.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Rarity posted:

<snip>
While we didn't need to go to the tiebreaker there were 35 MOTYCs across the tournament :stare: Nobody was able to guess that total dead on <snip>

I had 35 MOTYCs in my initial submission before deciding to go with what my random numbers had actually predicted (25) because surely the G1 couldn’t produce that much great wrestling. I will never doubt the wrestlers of NJPW ever again.

Congratulations to everyone who took part, and thank you, Rarity, for organising this competition. This has been a lot of fun.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yes, thank you rarity. this was very fun and i enjoyed spending a month hearing my girlfriend tell me i was dumb for picking naito to win and it was clearly the summer of kota

she was right

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yeah, well done Rarity, except for not giving me the bonus 50 points I clearly deserved for predicting Moxley's earring would get ripped out by Juice. That's a travesty :smuggo:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

13. Schneider Helm (157 points)
14. karmicknight (154 points)

:tif: Breathe, with the Switchblade :negative:

Real cool, real fun. Real good work from the number one scoopsgal, Rarity.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cams posted:

yes, thank you rarity. this was very fun and i enjoyed spending a month hearing my girlfriend tell me i was dumb for picking naito to win and it was clearly the summer of kota

she was right

I mean, summer = sun, and what is the sun except a Golden Star?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Happy with top 5 but stupid Naito has still failed me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for all the hard work here, Rarity! Usually I'll make a bracket but kind of forget who I picked and not really pay attention to it in lieu of just enjoying awesome matches. This was a fun way to stay on top of things and added some more fun to every outcome.