Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's the lack of lighting and shadows that does it

The design is fantastic but it feels flat because there is no lighting engine

It exists it's just not great. You can notice a visible glow from the purple lanterns for example especially when they're swaying back and forth on the ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

arisu posted:

People are entitled rear end in a top hat and I'm a guy who backed at $125 for PS4 digital and Switch physical, so double delays.

It absolutely is Sony's (US) fault cause loving EVERYONE ELSE got their codes to 505 on time (well everyone but Nintendo lol).

Isn't Sony pretty notorious for being...a problem, when it comes to backer codes for Kickstarted games? I remember hearing that somewhere.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Some people are so, so, SO mad in the Kickstarter comments, about the US PS4 backer keys. I see so many people claiming 505 obviously put the request in too late. But wouldn't it be more likely Sony cocked it up (again) if basically everyone else got the keys in at the right time?

I'm still pissed that they didn't offer refunds after canceling the Mac and Linux versions.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

IIRC there were weird delays last year with the Curse of the Moon PS4 codes as well. It seems to be a recurring problem.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Kreeblah posted:

I'm still pissed that they didn't offer refunds after canceling the Mac and Linux versions.

That actually is a legitimate complaint and not "omg I'm getting my key a day/week late burn it all to the ground never kickstart again".

At least Linux users are probably fine with Proton. Sucks for the people that wanted Mac/Vita/WiiU, refunds shoulda been offered.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

Really just echoing, but it is just so good to play this. It feels like it is the game IGA was trying to make, only he was limited by Konami's tiny 2D Castlevania budget before.

Really liking the music and enemy design, they are both familiar and new at the same time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I love how the lady who gives revenge quests starts just coming up with more and more arbitrary people to avenge

Avenge my husband

Now my sister

Ok now my...uh.. neighbor

Avenge the........ mailman I guess?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Her scream to kill the murderers is infectious though

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Sometimes it's too Castlevania. Like when you get to the waterfall area and it's literally a carbon copy of the waterfall area of SOTN.

For a while I had these "scroll" icons in certain rooms, but now they are all gone. What were they, and how do I get them back? Also, does anybody else have chest icons on the map that are really far away from anywhere you've visited?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So where is the iga boss dlc located? I just got to the castle, is it much further and is he hiding somewhere?

Also what’s this about entering your backer id? I’ve only heard it mentioned in this thread.

Game is amazing btw.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

ymgve posted:

Sometimes it's too Castlevania. Like when you get to the waterfall area and it's literally a carbon copy of the waterfall area of SOTN.

For a while I had these "scroll" icons in certain rooms, but now they are all gone. What were they, and how do I get them back? Also, does anybody else have chest icons on the map that are really far away from anywhere you've visited?

Scrolls are where you can find the mobs for the hunt quests.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh automap you beautiful thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How's the waystone supposed to work I used it the moment I picked it up wondering if it's infinite use

it's not

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

How's the waystone supposed to work I used it the moment I picked it up wondering if it's infinite use

it's not

Lol same

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly between this and Resident Evil 2 Remake its been a great year for 90's throwback games.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Played the game for a couple more hours and it's just not working for me I guess. I think what's annoying me the most is the movement. It feels really dated, even compared to SoTN. The forward run animation just seems.. off to me. And the jumping doesn't feel right either. Not to mention not being able to swing your weapon when you hit the ground, leading to frustration of pressing the attack button and nothing happening. It seems like it's making the game way more frustrating for me than it needs to be, and I've 100%'ed SoTN, Hollow Knight, Ori, Guacamelee 1/2 etc.

Also weird that the majority of the AI is just: walk in to player. I've had a bunch of dudes with swords and stuff just casually walk in to me, never bothering to use their weapons.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol it's been like 15 years since I've experienced the rage of rapidly re-entering a room and killing an enemy over and over to farm some 2% drop and then accidentally leaving the room without picking it up once it finally does . Really brings me back , unironic thank you to Iga

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Played the game for a couple more hours and it's just not working for me I guess. I think what's annoying me the most is the movement. It feels really dated, even compared to SoTN. The forward run animation just seems.. off to me. And the jumping doesn't feel right either. Not to mention not being able to swing your weapon when you hit the ground, leading to frustration of pressing the attack button and nothing happening.

The timing is trickier than it was in the CV games but you can totally do the shorthop->attack->land->attack->backdash->attack cancel chain to get 3 rapid hits in still, and it feels great. Also I don't know how far you are but you get some movement upgrades pretty early on that make navigation feel a lot more fluid

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

holy poo poo the grinder knight drop is fantastic

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fuligin posted:

holy poo poo the grinder knight drop is fantastic

This and the barber drop are must haves.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

goferchan posted:

Lol it's been like 15 years since I've experienced the rage of rapidly re-entering a room and killing an enemy over and over to farm some 2% drop and then accidentally leaving the room without picking it up once it finally does . Really brings me back , unironic thank you to Iga

lol loving crissagrim

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

goferchan posted:

Luckily, you can't avoid getting a shard, just like in Dawn of Sorrow. I got all the souls in that game, I'm gonna get 'em all in this one too! I guess I should wait to get more luck gear, but the luck book helps quite a bit.

People are talking about not being able to get by a spike tunnel, is that the one in the clock tower? I got around it by bouncing off a dullahan head and then double jumping, on the other side of the gear. Doing the jump kick on an enemy boosts you up a little and resets your double jump, it's really handy!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

arisu posted:

lol loving crissagrim

I think the flying sword might be this game’s crissagrim

HUGE range, hits most large enemies twice, the only downside is that it’s a bit weak and you have to wait for it to return to your hand

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Begemot posted:

Luckily, you can't avoid getting a shard, just like in Dawn of Sorrow. I got all the souls in that game, I'm gonna get 'em all in this one too! I guess I should wait to get more luck gear, but the luck book helps quite a bit.

People are talking about not being able to get by a spike tunnel, is that the one in the clock tower? I got around it by bouncing off a dullahan head and then double jumping, on the other side of the gear. Doing the jump kick on an enemy boosts you up a little and resets your double jump, it's really handy!

There's one later on to get into a late game area that requires an item that makes you immune to hazards so you can walk through it. Said area is kind of... not the most useful, at least as far as I've figured, but it has some unique enemies at least.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:master:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gotta say this game delivered. 2 hours in and having a blast, the weapon and spell variety is really nice and it’s fun to play around with different stuff.
Todd is instantly my favorite character

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I was a bit worried when I saw the game still had low-poly graphics.

However, the more you play the more you realize that they put ALL the main development time & energy of this non-triple-A production into the gameplay, control, and level design.

Also, the low-poly graphics are generally extremely well designed artistically, in excellent service of the gameplay. With some minor exceptions, there's very few times where I can't tell what's happening onscreen. The animation, the colors, the shapes, and the level layouts are all in service of the responsive gameplay.

This game is a masterclass in gamefeel, play control, and level design. Among many other things that are good about it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
drat, dying on the PS4 version is Bloodborne levels of load times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A Sinister Rap posted:

They just put a patch on PS4 that adds some features along with tweaking the graphics across the board, but I'm running into chests in new areas that are already opened, so I'm probably missing out on important recipes and such.

Though it says a lot about how much I'm enjoying the game that it's not resetting my run after 10 hours that's deflating my enthusiasm, it's the fact that I should probably just wait and not play anymore until the week 1 patches are all done with in case this happens again.

Yeah I downloaded that patch and loaded my save file, then my castle percentage went down by a tiny amount and all the HP/MP/Bullet Capacity upgrades that I already got repopped into my game. Somehow I don't think it was supposed to do that.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

So over time, my map slowly unlocked some blue icons. I figured it was something guiding me somewhere, or a secret I needed to unravel. I couldn't figure it out. I got more and more over time. I started googling. No avail. I ignored it for a bit, but it actually got a little bit comical. It had to be something I had to figure out.

Anyways, I start really looking at the map, doing everything megazoomed in and slow. Then I gave up and "closed" the map like I usually do. I press B to cancel, realize it doesn't work (like usual) and then press the map button to close.

WELP

Turns out pressing B on the map sets a blue waypoint for you. I never noticed cause I closed the map too fast. fml

I just spent spent a significant amount of time untagging all the blue waypoints cause i'm an idiot

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Rascyc posted:

drat, dying on the PS4 version is Bloodborne levels of load times.

You can decrease your load times in all your PS4 games by around 20-30% if you install a sata SSD in it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Spacedad posted:

You can decrease your load times in all your PS4 games by around 20-30% if you install a sata SSD in it.

This has nothing to do with the HDD by the way. I died twice on the first boss: first reload was two to five seconds. Second try loaded me back in the same spot 1:45m slower.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
It take it I can grow stuff later?

cuz this rice ball is mocking me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

go one screen back to the left towards the ship you came in on to meet the farmer and a quest giving npc

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Also can I just say that food giving you a permanent stat boost the first time you use it is such a cool addition? Because it is.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gamerofthegame posted:

There's a farmer up on the ground level of the town area. Left of the main safe zone, I think he only shows up the second time you go there.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Cowcaster posted:

go one screen back to the left towards the ship you came in on to meet the farmer and a quest giving npc

that's rude a f

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, uh, kinda a friendly PSA. In NG+, some warp rooms still work even if you haven't been to them yet. So you can do particularly crazy poo poo. But if you happen to enter in a boss door from the wrong way, you'll softlock yourself, so be careful.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RBA Starblade posted:

it's not

It's the second cheapest item in the shop; just buy 5 at once and never worry about it.

ymgve posted:

I think the flying sword might be this game’s crissagrim

HUGE range, hits most large enemies twice, the only downside is that it’s a bit weak and you have to wait for it to return to your hand

There's a proper crissaegrim-with-the-numbers-filed-off too. It's not an especially rare drop, either, though the damage is low enough that it probably starts struggling with the higher-armor enemies later on. It's the Rhava Bural, drops from (spoilers in case you don't want to know i guess) the barber guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna wait a day or two to let the patches really get in there after this chest issue.