Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm in. Also sent the join link to 2 of my buddies who have played the last 2 years.

Incidentally, I forgot who my nemesis was here. If it was you, or you remember me posting anything about "cursing your name" or whatever, please let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Man, you guys have had multiple picks? Medusa is just sitting here!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

The Zack posted:

I'm #3 and I'm dying here

I'm 10. I may never get a pick.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's a very active fantasy guy. So I bet hes just at work and didn't put the autodraft settings through right. I messaged him but I'm not too worried

Oh sure, it probably is. I'm just taking the chance to complain when I get it. We've got like 2 months.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Team officemug autopicked in Medusa.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Medusa has been turned to stone. Though we're further from our second time out, we've only had 6 picks.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Team King Lucas did in Medusa. 2 in the first 7.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I'm having trouble trying to justify reaching for a mid tier te. It makes me feel gross

Just close your eyes and think of Will Dissly.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I never expected to be in a position to draft DJ and now I'm panicking.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

It won't let me view that, but if I go to draft results, it'll let me see where you're at:
https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/draftResults.go?leagueId=tzgiq2l4jxs9940y

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

it is pretty bold to annoint a rookie qb top 5

Should be easy. How many rookie QBs have had a top 5 season?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Congrats!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks.
I put the guy on the clock in Medusa on autopick. They had over 10 hours with the night suspension.

I'll watch that other guy who timed out and probably put him on auto pick 3 hours into their clock

I just checked the team list and Team Officemug is shown as "unowned." That seems odd.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Imagine, there's leagues out that have not only reached, but surpassed, the quarter point of the draft.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it was a pretty decent day for Medusa. Stalled a bit last night, but GCFC made it back before the timer.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Thought long and hard about going super WR heavy like that dude, but alas, I am a weak man.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is GCFC from Medusa in here? The last couple of times it hit their turn it's dragged to a halt. We're like 5 hours into it today already, and that was after being saved from autopicking by last night's pause.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ben Nevis posted:

Is GCFC from Medusa in here? The last couple of times it hit their turn it's dragged to a halt. We're like 5 hours into it today already, and that was after being saved from autopicking by last night's pause.

Looks like they popped back. Moving again!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is the owner of Blasphemy72 in Medusa in here? The clocks down to like 2 hours.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

I saw them online in the draft and I think they usually make their pick in time.

Yeah, they were in the room earlier this morning to, but no pick.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

I saw them online in the draft and I think they usually make their pick in time.

'Syou now mate.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

89 posted:

I've been eye balling Sanders for the past 3 rounds and then he goes 1 pick before me

Depends on which Sanders, but I can't see a guy who got his achilles broke in December contributing.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Pretty sure by the 15th guy on your roster in Auction, it's functionally just a draft with everyone down to $1 bids.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dkj posted:

I agree with the dog.

That kid's probably already throwing batteries at the dog.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

Can you draft from your phone? I am not seeing any way into the draft from my phone, and going to be out a bit today.

Yes. You can. I'm not sure how to get to the draft board from the league page. From the main Fantrax page you can click the bit that gives you a list of "All current and past leagues" then next to Fish Bowl click the down arrow and the third option is Draft Room.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

He went in the third in ours.

I took him in the 3rd and now I feel smart, but also bad.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

I finally ran out of guys I was truly interested in drafting in the 18th round. It's all random number generation, hopes, darts, dreams, and injury contingencies from here on out.

I'm going to insult anyone who doesn't draft a dude with an ADP of 250+

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

i thought nonsensical draft insults were my domain, much like drafting every eagle in reach was 89's domain

dracula trivia:
the first redskins WR came off the board at 18.03 (by me)

hoo boy that team is gonna suck this year

I can't name a single redskins WR. I looked it up, and apparently I had good reason. I recognize names, but I probably won't be taking any before the 18th either.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I drafted Nick Foles and I feel bad.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I think someone had mentioned knowing Blasphemy in Medusa. If so can you let them know they're down to like an hour left, again?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm not going to lie, I love this bit. It's like distilled essence of drafting. 6 picks left, and I have 6 dudes. Due to all sorts of things, it's probably possible to get them all. But how best to? Also it's nice to be in a position to believe in a guy more than anyone other than his mother. I'll probably as disappointed, but still...

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
That's Blasphemy's 2nd (maybe more) time out.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Moving on up!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

To be fair, a lot of the bitching is more a reflection of our enthusiasm and excitement to be drafting. Outside of the first dude in Frankenstein, I never felt like any of us were actually annoyed with each other.

Also, gently caress making the leagues smaller. This is all about the deep cuts.

Like I don't often get a chance to draft a dude with an ADP of 250+, but I get to in GFB!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Maybe it'll jinx it, but I'm pretty happy with my team. I need someone to step up at TE, but I Have 4 guys who might. We'll see!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It sounds super cool, but I have 2 RL drafts that weekend. GL!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

No! I may have said otherwise, if so I'm sorry. No trades!

You're good. The Rules Post had the usual No Kickers, Defense or Trades line.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pmchem posted:

My 53 bid was in Dracula, and him getting no bid in another division (plus the numerous people with invalid lineups) just tells me that many goons forgot about this league since it drafted so early. Happy to bid 50 on a starting QB who got all offseason with the starters in a superflex when later this season someone will be bidding 50 on another backup taking over via injury.

At least you're not the 73 or the 100 dude. I am a little surprised he went for free somewhere.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
In the match between RDL20 and rob37 somehow they both have Dak. I didn't think that could happen before the finals. Likewise BenNevis and Viet Campo both have Phil Lindsay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Like the deserts miss the rain.