Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

As they made their way to the Bloody Sunrise, Jeanette started shaking. Was she responsible for Jacques Mercier’s death? She put her hand over her décolletage, the torn lace dripping from the daring neckline of the dress. She’d felt pretty when she’d put it on that morning.

No, no it was not her fault. Jacques was a disgusting old lecher, and if she hadn’t gotten away from him… Jeanette abandoned that line of thinking, the anger that was rising inside her fading slightly. Perhaps Mr. Mercier didn’t deserve to have his throat ripped out, but she couldn’t say she was upset that he was dead.

As to the throat-ripping itself, she eyed Jacob as he rowed, turning her eyes from his well-muscled shoulders to his hands. She’d seen those hands changed into inhuman claws, and imagined him using them on Jacques Mercier’s neck. Was that how he’d done it? Jacob’s hands were clean, however, and the blood stains were on his chest, as if he had spilled wine while drinking.

Jeanette’s eyes traveled to his face. On some level she was not surprised or shocked at his easy admission of murder. And now he was taking her back to the pirate ship. Perhaps she should have ingratiated herself more with them, maybe offering to help loot the Mercier's home? Surely travel with them would not be offered freely.

Jacob’s eyes met hers, and he winked, causing her to quickly look away. It seemed that these ruffians had some sort of honor, which was more than she could say for her father’s former business partner. While she didn’t feel safe, exactly, she realized that spending more time with them meant more time to understand their mysterious nature.

It was something occult, she was almost sure of it. As she held onto that thought, instead of being afraid, she found herself interested.

The boat bumped up against the side of the Bloody Sunrise, and Jeanette wasn’t shaking anymore.

POV CHOICE:
A.
Stay with Jeanette
B. Switch to Captain Marco Fernandez
C. Other: write in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Captain Marco 'Vengeance Will Be Mine' Fernandez

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

switch to frankie

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

switch to frankie

....who is Frankie? :ohdear:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

marky mark

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A Jeanette's not done yet.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I really like stories where you get someone kind of meek and pompish and have them turn into a total badass.

A.) I want to see more of Jeanette, specifically bad rear end pirate Jeanette.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
A. I wanna see Odinson and Petalas' faces when Jeanette turns up :D

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boba Pearl posted:

Thissssssss

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Boba Pearl posted:

I really like stories where you get someone kind of meek and pompish and have them turn into a total badass.

so much this. I want to see her inexorable slide from daughter of privilege to queen of the waves.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A cargo net draped on the side of the Bloody Sunrise was evidently there for climbing up, and Jeanette was hit by nerves again as she looked up toward the railing. Two sailors were hanging off the net and jumped into the boat, securing lines to the fore and aft of the small vessel.

Jacob looked at Jeanette, and jerked his head toward the net. “Go on, then.”

She stood up carefully in the rocking boat, grasping the net with one hand for balance while she hiked up her skirts to her knees with the other. The manilla rope bit into her bare feet as she transferred onto the net with a hiss and gritted teeth, her heart thumping wildly as she looked up toward the rail.

Jacob stayed in the boat as she slowly began to work her way up, her skirts bunched up scandalously high in front of her and trailing down behind. Her arms started to burn almost immediately, but she kept going until her foot caught in her petticoats and she inadvertently pinned herself to the cargo net.

Jeanette clung desperately to the net, trying to hold her weight with her arms while she worked her foot free. Her arms trembled with the effort, and she looked down to see if she would fall into the boat or the ocean once they gave way. She had gotten higher than she thought, and either destination was not going to be pleasant.

The net pulled downward to her left, and she looked over in a panic to find Jacob standing easily beside her. He reached out for her, holding onto the ropes with just one hand.

“Come on, lass.” Jacob beckoned her with his hand, and she shakily reached out, grasping his arm. He swept her from the net and slung her over his shoulder in one smooth movement, pinning down her skirts and legs with his arm and dangling her head down, over the ocean.

Jeanette squealed despite her best efforts, desperately clutching at his back as he swiftly climbed. She squeezed her eyes shut until he was putting her feet on the deck, and she grabbed his side as she regained her balance.

“loving hell, what is she doing here again?” Erik Odinson was striding across the deck toward them, his face a thundercloud.

A. Jeanette keeps holding onto Jacob but edges behind him.
B. She remains as she is, at Jacob’s side, under his arm.
C. She separates from Jacob, standing a foot or so to the side.
D. C, but steps backward.
E. Something else: Write in

Jeanette CAN speak up here, but I am assuming she will let Jacob talk first.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/uwUYXeE ask for "The SCARE-ibbean" role for updates!

wiki:

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 15, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C

We gotta put a few points into strength. Or at least stop dumping them into 'Gender Role: Comically Inept Anime Female'.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

C

We gotta put a few points into strength. Or at least stop dumping them into 'Gender Role: Comically Inept Anime Female'.

But what if she trips and goes uguu.

You know, I'll follow. C

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

But she’s so beautiful and headstrong, and her only flaw is that she’s clumsy! Also, she doesn’t know she’s pretty.

:cheeky:

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

But she’s so beautiful and headstrong, and her only flaw is that she’s clumsy! Also, she doesn’t know she’s pretty.

Weakness: Acne

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Fufufu~

I'm going to go ahead and say B because of Erik's tone. she's already had a terrible fright this evening and is still struggling to maintain her decorum.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

b

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Jeanette suddenly realized how close she was to Jacob, and pushed herself away from him, standing on her own two feet. The big Scotsman crossed his arms in front of his chest, staring down his captain.

“Thaddeus said to make sure she was taken care of. And she wasn’t.”

“She can’t be here,” hissed Odinson, getting right in Jacob’s face despite the height difference. “She doesn’t belong here.”

Jacob squared his shoulders and looked down into Odinson’s aquiline face. “Then throw her overboard, captain.

“I don’t think that is necessary,” said another voice, and Jeanette turned to see Thaddeus Petalas standing nearby. He was looking at the other two men, but she felt his proximity as if he were touching her. “If she was in danger, then Jacob did as I asked.”

The captain glared at them both. “Then she’s your problem. If she gets in the way, I’ll take care of her myself.” He looked at Jacob’s stained shirt, and sneered, “Don’t think I don’t smell the blood on you. Your impulsive behavior is going to get you hung.”

“Been tried before,” said Jacob, rubbing his neck. “Didn’t take.”

“I can speak for myself,” Jeanette said, hands on her hips. All three men turned to look at her, and she plowed onward, doggedly. “The gentleman I thought would return me home turned out to be no gentleman at all. If… if I remain on board I would pay my way. In gold, when I get home,” she added, blushing fiercely at the look Odinson gave her.

“I consider her still under my protection,” added Mr. Petalas.

Odinson looked at each of them in turn, and growled, “If she’s going to be here, then she will understand her place. And you will have to show her.” He jabbed a finger toward Thaddeus. “I wash my hands of this.”

He stalked off, barking orders at the crew. They were prepared to leave, and soon the ship was underway, sliding out of Kingston Bay. Jacob stripped his ruined shirt off and made his way below decks, not looking back at Jeanette. She stood still for a moment, then turned toward Mr. Petalas.

“I don’t know what to say, sir,” she began, falling back on being painfully polite, even as her mind cycled through the events of her evening like an endless play. “I understand how precarious my position is here.”

“Do you?” mused Thaddeus, holding out a hand to her.

She took it with only a slight hesitation. Her curiosity about the ship and it’s masters had only grown. There was something here, some great power. And if she could, she would take some for herself.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Marco Fernandez stood on deck as the Cormoran sailed into Kingston Bay by the light of the moon. The wind had been with them, and the French vessel had made excellent time to Jamaica since rescuing him and his crew from Navassa.

A ship was leaving the bay as they entered, and there was a familiar set to the sails that dragged his eyes toward it.

“Dios mío, no puede ser …” he breathed, clutching the railing. It was the very same ship that had destroyed his Esmerelda and killed his men. Anger boiled up inside him, and he turned toward the quarterdeck where the captain of the Cormoran was supervising the passage into the bay.

1. What do to? Write in.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

I mean his reaction will be to tell the Capt about the ship and ask to pursue to bring it to Justice and the Capt will say that's a matter for the Spanish navy and won't risk the lives of his crew. So our Capt will have to go to Port and ask around about that ship and learn it's reputation

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Get in a rowboat and board those pirates!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

vorebane posted:

Get in a rowboat and board those pirates!

Oh lawdy that would be a hilarious and grisly end indeed. However I am at a loss right now as to what to do

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You could alert the captain, you could go crazy and fling yourself (or someone else) overboard, you can take the time now to keep them in sight as long as possible to gauge their heading....

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Grab the gun of the nearest sailor and FIRE AT THAT SHIP

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Grab the nearest monocular and study the pirate ship.

Crew on deck, special markings (anything Marco might have missed during the previous encounter), sail configuration, waterline (there's probably a better term for this, I mean how deep it is running, which indicates the load mass). Pay special attention to speed and heading. If needed, try to convince the captain of the Cormoran to set pursuit for a short while, at a safe distance.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

theroachman posted:

+1

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Toughy posted:

I mean his reaction will be to tell the Capt about the ship and ask to pursue to bring it to Justice and the Capt will say that's a matter for the Spanish navy and won't risk the lives of his crew. So our Capt will have to go to Port and ask around about that ship and learn it's reputation

this,

theroachman posted:

Crew on deck, special markings (anything Marco might have missed during the previous encounter), sail configuration, waterline (there's probably a better term for this, I mean how deep it is running, which indicates the load mass). Pay special attention to speed and heading. If needed, try to convince the captain of the Cormoran to set pursuit for a short while, at a safe distance.

plus this

they're as good as gone as far as his ability to stop them. his best course now is to gather all the info he can before the leads go stale

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theroachman posted:

This, plus this has all been shaping to a super cool narrative.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A moment of insanity nearly overtook him, his hand twitching as if to draw a pistol and fire at the retreating ship, then Marco bolted to the quarterdeck.

“A glass! Hand me your spyglass!” He snatched the monocular from the first mate, who had been surveying the shore. The man spluttered something in French, but Marco pressed the glass to his eye and leaned against the opposite rail, studying the ship.

The Bloody Sunrise slunk out into open water, black sails raised to catch the wind. Marco could see the people on the deck, ruffians and pirates all, then a differently shaped figure caught his eye. There was a woman, her dress making her stand out, and he recalled the heretic witch the Inquisition had asked him to transport to Cartagena.

Apparently she had thrown her lot in with the pirates. Marco frowned, gauging the heading of the other ship, when the spyglass was pulled from his grasp.

“What is the meaning of this?” Captain Dubois’ thick French accent rang out across the deck. He held the spyglass in his fist, his first mate standing just behind him, face like a thundercloud.

“Lo siento, I apologize, but this is the ship that sank us!” Marco jabbed a finger out toward the retreating pirate vessel. “If we could follow it, see where it is heading…?”

Dubois put the glass to his own eye, viewing the Bloody Sunrise. After a moment he replied, “It is impossible, and would risk my own crew and cargo to do such a thing. We continue on to Kingston.”

“But -”

“It is a matter for the Spanish,” Dubois continued, almost sneering. He passed Marco the spyglass. “Take your notes, if you wish.”

Marco moved aft to view the other ship for as long as possible. It was not low in the water, suggesting it was not carrying a lot of cargo. Possibly they had unloaded their stolen muskets in Jamaica. As the Bloody Sunrise hit open water, they turned westward, their dark sails making them disappear against the night sky.

Marco Fernandez stared out at the ocean long after the ship had vanished. Once he reluctantly returned the spyglass to the first mate of the Cormoran, he made his way below decks to where his remaining men had been stashed. The nun, Sister Mary, had been given proper quarters, displacing one of the officers of the ship.

A. Tell them what he saw
B. Do not tell them what he saw
C. Something else: Write in

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

A

he seems pretty Lawful Good; I can't imagine him having much inclination for keeping this close to the chest.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
A I appreciate the inclination to fire upon the ship, :3:

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

A

Forgive my laziness, but how many of Marco's crew are fit and able-bodied or close enough?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

theroachman posted:

A

Forgive my laziness, but how many of Marco's crew are fit and able-bodied or close enough?

Well, in researching this I found out I mixed up the names of the cabin boys in some of my posts (one drowned, one did not), so I'll be fixing that with some edits.

I did not specify a number in my posts but here are the details: There are 9 adult male survivors from the crew. One is entirely unscathed, six have only scrapes and bruises, and two have more serious injuries (broken arm, twisted/sprained knee).

Paco the cabin boy also has scrapes and fading bruises from the shipwreck.