Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If Zeke is available at 4 I'm probably touching the stove again tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Lock posted:

Well this is an inauspicious start. Didn’t double-check the draft date as usually I’m free anytime Sunday. But I’mma gonna have to autodraft as I have a random work thing then.

This will be an interesting season.

Set up a preferred list that is deep or you will end up with only injured guys after a few rounds. Designate your first pick to be a QB, you don't want straight 'best available at any position' or you will end up with 3RBs, 5WRs and a backup QB as your starter. Seriously, just take the safe route of 'having a functional team'.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I don' think I'm gonna be able to do this this year :( Is there anyway for me to transfer my spot to somebody else on the wait list? I won't drop out until I find out.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

tadashi posted:

I don' think I'm gonna be able to do this this year :( Is there anyway for me to transfer my spot to somebody else on the wait list? I won't drop out until I find out.

There is no wait list. I will throw up a hail mary on the general fantasy football thread, but 19 hours before the draft is rough. What is your team name so I can switch owners if I find one?

Also in case it was missed, Andrew Luck retired today, don't be the sad, sad person that drafts him.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 25, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

There is no wait list. I will throw up a hail mary on the general fantasy football thread, but 19 hours before the draft is rough. What is your team name so I can switch owners if I find one?

Also in case it was missed, Andrew Luck retired today, don't be the sad, sad person that drafts him.

I saw the hail mary.

What draft slot does tadashi have? Can't tell from the thread and the league link in the OP is broken (need to see that for scoring/roster settings etc.). Also, can we do auction instead of snake? :getin:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Whew, I almost forgot the draft was tonight, I need to make sure I can be there in person to pick up Luck and Lamar Miller

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Whew, I almost forgot the draft was tonight, I need to make sure I can be there in person to pick up Luck and Lamar Miller

You would hope that ESPN would strike those guys out of the system completely but I’ll bet they won’t.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Wait what it’s a few hours from now? My dumb rear end confused itself about time zones and dates and etc. I’ll catch y’all in a few hours then.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

4h20m warning :420:

I have reached out to a couple potential takers for your spot tadachi, when they accept the invite as a 2nd owner, I will delete you as primary owner, thank you for your years of service :911:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Alright, we got a new owner in, thanks again tadashi!

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
new owner here

Never done a 20 person draft and haven't done much draft prep yet this year so I'm ready to be this league's doormat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If you’ve never mock drafted while walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, I highly recommend it.

My queued pick is in.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

freeman posted:

new owner here

Never done a 20 person draft and haven't done much draft prep yet this year so I'm ready to be this league's doormat.

Only cowards do draft prep, and as someone who's been through ten of these drafts, I wouldn't worry too much about that part

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Here's how FantasyPros ECR rates our draft for week 1:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That was super fast this year. drat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AnacondaHL posted:

Welp, I concede now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

AnacondaHL posted:

FantasyPros, more like FantasyAmateurs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AnacondaHL posted:

Can't fool me, my team stinks and there's nothing you can do to suggest otherwise! <:mad:>

FWIW I actually like Nature Boys team bets of the top 5.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
5 teams below the team starting Jordan Reed and Case Keenum.

Though by espn projections all of the teams are essentially on top of each other this week.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 26, 2019

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I don't think I did too bad for my first draft in the league. My topline guys are solid but the depth is extreeeeeemely shaky.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ShakeZula posted:

I don't think I did too bad for my first draft in the league. My topline guys are solid but the depth is extreeeeeemely shaky.

That is why god created the waiver wire.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah this is the league where you hear about someone's backup RB hurting his leg and rush to find out who the 3rd string is. Then end up hoping and praying you get them off the waiver wire.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Huh, neat. I have no idea what FantasyPros ECR is but I'm hoping they're good at this.

jabro posted:

Worth mentioning that you probably want to wait until Tuesday so you don't blow your waiver position super early. I've done that at least 3 times in this league.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

ShakeZula posted:

That's everyone, welcome to the 20 team league. Your 5th round pick is someone that would be a 9th round pick in most leagues etc etc

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

jabro posted:

And ya boy has #1! I guess there is a benefit for picking last.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If you ain’t first, you’re last!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Keep in mind that the matchups listed are not official. We manually do the schedule for a reason that is lost on me at the moment. That schedule should be coming out by the end of next weekend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Keep in mind that the matchups listed are not official. We manually do the schedule for a reason that is lost on me at the moment. That schedule should be coming out by the end of next weekend.

I know you mentioned it in the draft chat but if you can’t get to it I’ll see what I can do when I get back home. Most likely late Saturday/Sunday. Pretty sure the tool that helps with it is still available.

And the official reason I think is to make sure we play all division games twice, have some conference games and a couple of OOC games. I think if you let ESPN do it manually it just throws up random teams and makes playoff calculations a living hell, even more so than what they are now.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

AnacondaHL posted:

I blame my lovely ranking on accidentally picking Leonard Fournette instead of Aaron Jones in the 2nd round and I blame that on being hungover thanks to the wedding I attended the night before.

Woooo Fantasy!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

MakaVillian posted:

I blame my lovely ranking on accidentally picking Leonard Fournette instead of Aaron Jones in the 2nd round and I blame that on being hungover thanks to the wedding I attended the night before.

Woooo Fantasy!

That's actually not so bad....might turn out in your favor if Fournette can keep his head screwed on.

I'm trying to make a roster of all misfits so if you are looking to trade good ol lenny, let me know

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Know what’s so great about a 20 team league? I’m legitimately starting 2 TEs.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Might as well go inactive now, my kicker got cut.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Pain of Mind posted:

Might as well go inactive now, my kicker got cut.

Mine got put on the IR. We’re screwed. :respek:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Oops. May have missed draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, trying something out with the schedule maker. For those vets who have said that we play the same games against the same teams each year, how does this look? I flipped around some of the teams (but kept all the divisions intact). If this is correct, each team plays divisional opponents twice, three other conference opponents, and two non-conference games. Yeah, you're always going to play your division the most, but you should have some new opponents otherwise.

Have a look and unless darkwolf wants to do his own schedule or anyone has major objections, we can use this. The blue just means a "home" game, but that shouldn't have any effect on playoffs.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

This looks great. Thanks a ton. I will implement this in ESPN tonight unless you feel inclined to.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pfff, I'm actually projected to win? You can't fool me, fantasy football, my team is hosed and bad.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

This looks great. Thanks a ton. I will implement this in ESPN tonight unless you feel inclined to.

It's good to go. It's actually a lot easier to swap around the teams than I would've thought. Just a bit tedious.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Literally seconds before I was going to add Demaryius! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quiet Feet posted:

Literally seconds before I was going to add Demaryius! :argh:

Blame Harry. He’s the one who went on IR.