Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hyped to be 7-2 off of making 3 good picks before loving up constantly for the rest of the draft and dumb-rear end luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Chubb Hunter here, looking to trade for a WR ideally, but listening to offers.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lock posted:

Hmm, I'd need someone back who could save my season, like maybe Jesus.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lock posted:

I sent an offer of something you weren’t asking.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

jabro posted:

I sent an offer of something you weren’t asking.

That...was not quite what I had in mind, but thank you nonetheless.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thanks to whoever dropped Dwayne Haskins to make up for Andey. I’m going to flame out this season but dammit I will not go quietly.

*loses next four games

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Huh, this is the 2nd time this season Taysom Hill at QB has been played against me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

7.1 points.

Christ.

Edit: Okay I'm still not gonna win but thanks Pitt D/ST for making me look less incompetent.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 11, 2019

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm originally from Kansas City + have lived in or directly outside of Chicago since 2010 and I want to buy an Amari Cooper Cowboys jersey because of this league

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

7.1 points.

Christ.

Edit: Okay I'm still not gonna win but thanks Pitt D/ST for making me look less incompetent.

Narrator voice: Down by 4/5ths of a point with less than two minutes left in the game, and with the 49ers receiving the ball, Quiet Feet turned off the broadcast and went to do other stuff. But what he forgot--and what every fantasy football player often forgets--is that fantasy football is really, really dumb. Thanks to overtime, Quiet Feet's team, Huge Penis Please Respond, went on to win the game by 4.3 points. It was not the dumbest outcome of his season, if only because every outcome was equally dumb. Because this game is dumb.

*somber trumpet music plays as credits roll*

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Well that's probably my final hopes for the season, dashed in the final moments of OT on Monday night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wanna know how you know your team sucks? When your opponent doesn’t even sub in two players on bye and you still lose by over 10 points. Worst year ever for me in this league.

Saquon Barkley you can kiss my rear end. Aaron Rodgers too. :argh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

Wanna know how you know your team sucks? When your opponent doesn’t even sub in two players on bye and you still lose by over 10 points. Worst year ever for me in this league.

Saquon Barkley you can kiss my rear end. Aaron Rodgers too. :argh:

What you need to do is trade Barkley for Ertz.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Today I learned that you cannot sleep on defenses in this league. Thought I was gonna take down #1 overall heading into Monday, since they only had their D to go and I was up 20.

I thought very wrong.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Looking at the standings, and Romo, y'all better get your stuff together. Pecota is the leader, but the other four all have 5-5 records. How the hell is someone supposed to calculate playoffs with that?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Looking at the standings, and Romo, y'all better get your stuff together. Pecota is the leader, but the other four all have 5-5 records. How the hell is someone supposed to calculate playoffs with that?

We're just trying to honor our division's namesake

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Lock posted:

Today I learned that you cannot sleep on defenses in this league. Thought I was gonna take down #1 overall heading into Monday, since they only had their D to go and I was up 20.

I thought very wrong.

Defensive scoring is terrifying in this league, 2013 really hammered that in for me - I led the league in scoring and my second best scorer was my D/ST. This was back when you could get negative points for points against & passes defensed weren't scored so they've only gotten better since!

Looking back out of curiosity, that team was #1 in regular season points of all teams over seasons 1-9, then got knocked out by a team with Ryan Tannehill at QB in the second round of the playoffs, lol

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Related suggestion for next year - do we really need to be capped at 2 D/STs? Like, right now I’d rather have a third available one to play matchups on a certain week vs. some bench chump like Kalen Ballage but I don’t want to drop either of the two I have

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Related suggestion for next year - do we really need to be capped at 2 D/STs? Like, right now I’d rather have a third available one to play matchups on a certain week vs. some bench chump like Kalen Ballage but I don’t want to drop either of the two I have

I’m fine with a cap just because with 20 of us, there’s not enough defenses for all of us to have 2, much less 3. Yes people could trade if their D is in a bye week but trades are rare in here. It’s sort of the same situation with QBs but at least then there’s backups that could possibly play.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I guess I was due for one of these weeks - the Falcons D/ST put up 45.1 on me (more than they scored collectively from weeks 3-10), Deshaun Watson was 3.8 points better than Ryan Tannehill (on Tannehill's bye week), and Amari Cooper had his second worst game of the season (only behind the Jets one where he went out with an injury early on)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

kinda crazy that a (Redskins) DST can give up 34 points and 400 yards and still generate 15.1 fantasy points

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

AnacondaHL posted:

kinda crazy that a (Redskins) DST can give up 34 points and 400 yards and still generate 15.1 fantasy points

Defenses have been set up to not accrue negative points for points/yards allowed. This is mainly to keep people from benching the position because they are worried they will lose points by playing them. They got no bonuses for it however. I guess they just got many sacks, forced a lot of turnovers or scored themselves.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just noticed that the last two games to close out my season are the top 2 teams in my division.

I'm not saying you guys aren't going to win but I really hope I can ruin at least one of your weeks. :unsmigghh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:lol:

I'm gonna die laughing if I somehow pull out the win on Chubb Hunter (and Legs Emporium wins) and that drops him back to 2nd.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well the playoffs are still very malleable but some things are set. The AFC teams are locked, but no division winners yet. NFC has one locked champion, Akron Peppercorns for Tony Romo.

AFC - all at 8-4 so who knows the seeds
Chubb Hunter
Legs Emporium
Spinnin Freeneys
Quontum PhyZekes

NFC
Akron Peppercorns - Romo division champ
We Want the Rouge - playoff spot locked

Deflated Bush, Rated R Superstars, For Edgerrin are the three left fighting for two spots.

Not calculating division champs yet since it’s still fluid.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

NFC side looks really messy if Flowers for Edgerrin wins and Rated R Superstars/Deflated Bush lose - Bush has the tiebreaker over the Superstars head to head and all three are 5-3 divisionally

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

:lol:

I'm gonna die laughing if I somehow pull out the win on Chubb Hunter (and Legs Emporium wins) and that drops him back to 2nd.

I am very glad you didn’t friend

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

huge penis keeping things fluid

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rouge would like to thank the ELITE Joe Flacco for his help in getting us to this position. Without his veteran savvy who knows where this team would've ended up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MakaVillian posted:

Rouge would like to thank the ELITE Joe Flacco for his help in getting us to this position. Without his veteran savvy who knows where this team would've ended up.

In that same vein, my team can kiss my rear end. I’m firing the GM.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Silly Burrito posted:

Well the playoffs are still very malleable but some things are set. The AFC teams are locked, but no division winners yet. NFC has one locked champion, Akron Peppercorns for Tony Romo.

AFC - all at 8-4 so who knows the seeds
Chubb Hunter
Legs Emporium
Spinnin Freeneys
Quontum PhyZekes

NFC
Akron Peppercorns - Romo division champ
We Want the Rouge - playoff spot locked

Deflated Bush, Rated R Superstars, For Edgerrin are the three left fighting for two spots.

Not calculating division champs yet since it’s still fluid.

You are doing god's work. Yes I am still alive btw, I was just going to procrastinate on the playoffs until you beat me to it :p

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Genuinely stunned that I'm apparently still alive for playoffs. Should take care of that for good this week though

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Genuinely stunned that I'm apparently still alive for playoffs. Should take care of that for good this week though

If I'm looking at this right, I think we've got a rubber match coming up in the divisional round as long as Deshaun Watson scores more that -0.1 points in the second half tonight :blastu: :wedass:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Welp, another round of calculations using the NFL tiebreakers standings, and TLDR, congrats to the following teams. To the new owners, we do not accept ESPN's calculations, we use the actual NFL tiebreakers. Which can be A HUGE PAIN IN THE rear end NO WONDER JETSGUY GOT SO AGGRAVATED, but it's what we do. Congratulations to all you playoff teams!

AFC
#1 Quantum PhyZekes #1 (Namath Champion) vs #4 Jameis’s Crab Legs Emporium
#2 Chubb Hunter (Marino Champion) vs #3 Spinnin Freeneys

NFC
#1 Akron Peppercorns (Romo Champion) vs #4 Flowers for Edgerrin
#2 Deflated Bush (Montana Champion) vs #3 We Want the Rouge

This needs to be confirmed by Darkwolf, but here's the raw calculations made. If you see any mistakes, please say something before Thursday.

***RAW NOTES***
All rules from:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

To Break A Tie Within A Division
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs
1 Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3 Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5 Strength of victory.
6 Strength of schedule.
7 Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8 Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9 Best net points in common games.
10 Best net points in all games.
11 Best net touchdowns in all games.
12 Coin toss

To Break A Tie For The Wild-Card Team
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1 If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

Quantum PhyZekes - #1 seed AFC (Namath Champion)
Akron Peppercorns - #1 seed NFC (Romo Champion)

AFC Calculations - First to find out the Dan Marino Champion

Chubb Hunter / Jameis’s Crab Legs Emporium - Each 1-1 against each other.

Division Record
Chubb Hunter 5-3
Jameis’s Crab Legs Emporium 5-3

Common games 5-3 in the division already
Both won against Epstein 1-0
Conference record
Jameis 7-4
Chubb 7-4

Strength of victory
Jameis
6-7
5-8
6-7
6-7
4-9
8-5
6-7
5-8
46-58 .442 Strength of Victory

Chubb
8-5
6-7
5-8
4-9
5-8
9-4
6-7
6-7
49-55 .471 Strength of Victory

CHUBB WINS DAN MARINO AFTER A BILLION CALCULATIONS AND #2 SEED

Oh god what’’s next…wait

Spinnin Freeneys beat Jameis’s Crab Legs Emporium head to head

Spinnin Freeneys #3 seed
Jameis’s Crab Legs Emporium #4 seed

NFC

We Want The Rouge Lost 2-0 to Deflated Bush

Deflated Bush is #2 seed (Montana Champion)
We Want the Rouge is #3 seed (highest remaining record)

Rated R Superstars and Flowers for Edgerrin both 7-6
Both have a 1-1 record against each other

Division Records
Rated R Superstars 5-3
Flowers for Edgerrin 5-3

Common Games
Both lost to We Want the Rouge
Both won against Boudin Ballers

Conference Record
Flowers for Edgerrin 7-4
Rated R Superstars 6-5

Flowers for Edgerrin wins the #4 seed!

AFC
Quantum PhyZekes vs Jameis’s Crab Legs Emporium
Chubb Hunter vs Spinnin Freeneys

NFC
Akron Peppercorns vs Flowers for Edgerrin
Deflated Bush vs We Want the Rouge

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

*steps behind podium, shuffles papers*

Let the record show that the top two teams of Dan Marino division were beaten by last place loser team Huge Penis in back to back weeks to close out the season. While legally I have no power to call them frauds, it is nevertheless my recommendation to the commissioner to append an asterisk to their records suggesting as much. Thank you.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

gently caress Big Dick Nick!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Here's how FantasyPros ECR rates our draft for week 1:

Playoff teams:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 14 by points scored
1, 4, 7, 9, 12, 13, 19, 20 by ECR

in like none of the same order (1-20, 2-1, 3-9, 4-13, 5-4, 10-7, 11-19, 14-12)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Holy crap I made it, and it only took three levels of tiebreaker to do it! And as a bonus my opponent's heavy hitters are playing on Thursday, so I'll have a good idea of how doomed I am early on!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Holy crap I made it, and it only took three levels of tiebreaker to do it! And as a bonus my opponent's heavy hitters are playing on Thursday, so I'll have a good idea of how doomed I am early on!

Just think of it as my team needing Zeke, Cooper, and Witten to rally to save Jason Garrett's job and it starts looking a lot more optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

:words:

CHUBB WINS DAN MARINO AFTER A BILLION CALCULATIONS AND #2 SEED

Never have I read anything more beautiful. God bless this league and thank you for having me.

e: In response to accusations of fraudulence and the request for asterisking, clearly I was resting my starters for the playoffs. Thank you.

Lock fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 4, 2019