Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SickZip posted:

walts was jumping snake river in a meth-powered rocket while skyler was giving 10 minute lecture on how unsafe it was. they aren't real people, walt was fun and skyler was boring and I do not give the slightest amount of poo poo that she was the more morally correct character and neither did the audience.

the audience sounds really stupid and incapable of understanding things , they probably thought Marie was a bitch too while Hank completely shut her out .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Dregs posted:

The best thing about the show was how people here would go into hysterics if you called his wife a horrible bitch. They would just lose it. it was great.

Punk da Bundo posted:

It’s been 6 years and people are still mad at Skyler for doing the best she could with a gas lighting , deceptive, sneaky and manipulative husband who was selling meth behind her back and nearly destroying the family over and over lol okay

“Skyler was a bitchhhhh” *ignores everything Walt does*.

the classics never die

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You'd be a huge bitch too if you had to live with Walt

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I'll take the Breaking Bad bitching because it's definately too early to talk about Chernobyl's disappointing writing.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Im Jesse pinkman yo!
Gaterade me, bitch!

I make magic blue rocks and my best friends son sure enjoys breakfast.

Seriously where did the heisenbreakfast thing come from? I mostly watched this show in a bubble.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I think with some of the episodes they were just dragging you along to the next episode. It was a bit of a slog to watch as it aired live. Not exactly cliff hangers or building suspense, you'd just have them try to develop something that was not that exciting over the course of like two episodes, then BOOM the big exciting turning point episode. Breaking Bad was kind of bad at that aspect.

if i recall correctly

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Jack Bauer, now there was a man’s man. he didn’t have time for anything.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Punk da Bundo posted:

the audience sounds really stupid and incapable of understanding things , they probably thought Marie was a bitch too while Hank completely shut her out .

idiot audience: i like characters that are interesting and fun
brilliant critics: skyler was a good character and this was the best rap single of the 90's:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"It was a hard day at the Work Factory and when I got home my wife really let me have it about the mud I tracked in with my dirty work boots. Oh well. Time to flip on the television for some escapist entertainment"

crime lord meth science wizard: "I gotta cook this meth and do this crime science!"
wife: "but Waaaaallllllllllt"

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Tuko sure was ese loco, dios mio

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
soemthing i noticed, maybe you guys picked up on it too, how the wife is a jerk who doesnt let the husband have any fun doing drugs and selling drugs

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Wouldve liked her more as Lady Macmeth

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And in the end they both get killed and their children get orphaned and a cop stops the production, pulls up a backwards chair, sits on it and tells the audience "now we had a lot of fun here but Dont Smoke Meth" fade to black

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They should have called Breaking Good because it was a good show OP

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

lol at someone thinking it’s somehow a bad show

It isn't bad, but it's a long way off from being good.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Not great... not terrible

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Just kidding it was a great show!

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Bronze Fonz posted:

I'll take the Breaking Bad bitching because it's definately too early to talk about Chernobyl's disappointing writing.

Bring it to the Chernobyl thread

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
it has its garbage moment buts its still good. the pizza roof the plane crash and focusing to much on hank. i mean it was obvious from day 1 hank would be the one to bring him in. i guess they subverted it by just having him out him but the entire last season with the white supremisist bikers was bad they should of just had hank figure out its walt and put him and jesse away.

the wire has stupid parts to the only good show with no stupid parts is the shield. no thats wrong the main guy should of ate a bullet while walking out of his new office job because forrest whittiker got a copy of his transcript and decided to take down dirty cops the only way that works. with a bullet to the face.

please do not send the fbi to talk to lowtax im advocating blue on blue violence not civ on blue violence

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Jesus Christ, OP!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

You're all right let's just keep huffing those marvel tv shows

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

breaking bad was ok but at some point it just dragged on and the pacing was awful, almost as if they just watched season three of the wire and were like “now that’s how you run a series”

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’ve never watched The Shield should I give it a go?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

sweet thursday posted:

"It was a hard day at the Work Factory and when I got home my wife really let me have it about the mud I tracked in with my dirty work boots. Oh well. Time to flip on the television for some escapist entertainment"

crime lord meth science wizard: "I gotta cook this meth and do this crime science!"
wife: "but Waaaaallllllllllt"

“Why are you wearing shoes in the house anyway? Who do you think cleans up this mud? It’s one simple task that saves hours of work!! How many times do we have to have this conversation with yo-Are you even listening to me!? Can you stop watching your little bald man show for one second!?I swear.. oh wait it’s 2019 and no-fault divorce is a thing. Actually this is on me... BRB filling the papers now.. “

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
Breaking Bad is best remembered, and never, NEVER rewatched. You don't realize how much filler there is in-between the actually interesting parts of the show.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And nothing of value was lost

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

snergle posted:

it has its garbage moment buts its still good. the pizza roof the plane crash and focusing to much on hank. i mean it was obvious from day 1 hank would be the one to bring him in. i guess they subverted it by just having him out him but the entire last season with the white supremisist bikers was bad they should of just had hank figure out its walt and put him and jesse away.

the wire has stupid parts to the only good show with no stupid parts is the shield. no thats wrong the main guy should of ate a bullet while walking out of his new office job because forrest whittiker got a copy of his transcript and decided to take down dirty cops the only way that works. with a bullet to the face.

please do not send the fbi to talk to lowtax im advocating blue on blue violence not civ on blue violence

Pizza roof owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Malcolm in the middle owns. Walt's wife is hotter too

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

imo Breaking Bad was a pretty excellent show up to the moment where Gus has time to adjust his tie before falling over, after getting half his face blown off in an explosion.

It was hard for me to take it very seriously after that. Also the finale was disappointing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also

skyler did nothing wrong

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Uncle Jack reaching for his still lit cigarette after taking a .50 caliber bullet to his stomach was a really good scene.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It was good but also was about two seasons too long and they really dragged it out. By the end, I hated every character.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

It was good but also was about two seasons too long and they really dragged it out. By the end, I hated every character.

it sounds like this show really 'went bad'!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That internationally renowned drama that solidified the prestige drama and spawned an equally-loved four-season spinoff? It was bad, and I can prove it by pointing at two flagrant violations of properly dying

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

5½ years i carry this burden. 5½ years my soul weighs heavy. but i can be silent no longer

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

Part of that was due to AMC flipping poo poo about losing one of their two prestige series and forcing them to do Season 5A and 5B a year apart rather than just letting them finish the show off more naturally (same with Mad Men Season 7A and 7B).

Lol that they got an extra year out of each of those series to find something else to put on and they still ended up empty handed. "Stay tuned for the first commerical break of Low Winter Sun for a sneak peak at next week's Breaking Bad." Not desperate at all.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mameluke posted:

That internationally renowned drama that solidified the prestige drama and spawned an equally-loved four-season spinoff? It was bad, and I can prove it by pointing at two flagrant violations of properly dying

the only person who died in an over the top way was Gus

Uncle Jack being a Nazi piece of poo poo until the very end was good.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I was always kind of disappointed that Walt never once tried any of his own product. I kept waiting for an episode where you get to see Walt all hosed up on meth. I liked any scenes that took place at Jesse’s house where it was just full of bug eyed tweakers “partying” with no lights on, people lying in the middle of the floor, graffiti everywhere, random dude on the couch babbling crazy paranoid poo poo. I’ve never done meth or been to a meth party so I have no idea if any of that poo poo was realistic. I think I want to try meth.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Skeleton King posted:

Breaking Bad is best remembered, and never, NEVER rewatched. You don't realize how much filler there is in-between the actually interesting parts of the show.

Yeah I thought about rewatching it a couple years ago and ended up just jumping between the interesting parts because it felt really tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
walt is to jesse as skylar is to walt but bb fans think they are walt