Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

Are you using Photoshop? The content-aware fill tool is your best friend. Takes some practice to use but it's excellent.

Wait what is this photoshop you speak of

*googles photoshop*

You mean those are all FAKE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ilkhan posted:

Ammo that isn't in a barrel just makes a little pop. Bullets fire because there isn't anywhere else for the gas to go but to push the bullet. If it cooks off without that support around it the brass expands and the bullet doesn't go anywhere.

Just a little FYI.

But that's not what happens in the movies :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sounds like a horrible idea you should do it

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Millennials :rolleyes:

Personally I’d rather have a Hemi Cuda than give my lazy rear end kid a shot at life.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Was this before or after you lugged it to a girls house?

I got this and laughed. I don't remember where I read the story but it was pretty loving pathetic.

Also I don't get all the printer issues, in the last 10 years I've had two printers, both cheap Canon models and never had any issues.

*knocks on wood*

[e] and gently caress boats unless you live on the water

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed, especially when it comes to anything involved with a dealership, and even more so with salesmen.

I mean, "keeping promises" and "car salesman".....Think about that for a second.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I know, but drat. If I was in that line of work, and I knew the stereotypes, I'd make damned sure that I didn't play right into them.

But you're not in that line of work and neither is anyone like you. Certain types of people get into sales and it's laughable to think that any of them have any kind of self awareness.

Some idiots at the Hyundai dealership near us lost a sale on a genesis for the same reasons and we got a Lexus instead.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

A thing happened to me last night at about 2am

Drunk driver ran a red light. I lucked out, only a few broken ribs and feeling really beat up. Seat belt saved my life, wear your seat belts kidos.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Thanks guys. Steering wheel airbag went off but not the side bags for some reason. Pretty much a textbook front overlap, the car did it's job and i was able to walk from it (tho i don't remember that lol) one of the reasons I got the car was because of the good crash ratings.

The cops at the scene told me the other driver said "I ran a red light and somebody hit me" :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

drat, AA... glad you ended up okay. Are you going with another xb?

I dunno, I really liked it a lot but it got pretty lovely mpg for a four cylinder tbh. I guess it's gonna depend on how much money I end up with after I sue her rear end, a new bare bones Civic like Adiabatic got sounds nice. Without the oil leaks of course.....Or I could always go Miata since that's never the wrong Answer :v:

What sucks is I just put new TRD suspension on it, new tires, transmission service yadda yadda. Not gonna make that back with the payoff i don't think but maybe I'll get lucky.

When I got hit i was rocking out full blast to Dokken, and when I went to get my stuff out of the car today and turned the key to get the CD out of the player it started playing right where it left off before i got nailed and it triggered me big time, like took me back to right before it happened. I'm probably gonna have a hard time driving for a bit whenever i get back in a car.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 11, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geoj posted:

Look buddy, the layoffs at the Wonka plant hit everyone hard...

Oh god my ribs.....good one dude

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Sorry, let's try to keep the comedy down for a week or so and give AA's ribs time to heal.

Ha, I'm always cracking jokes with my buddies when we text and it's been brutal so far :v:

Also, my wife caught a pic of the drunk's car that hit me, 2017 Nissan shitbox

Apparently, she was there an hour before we were and was crying because her car was worse than she thought :rolleyes:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kinda sucks when you're not thinking about getting a car and all of a sudden you need one.....I'm getting a headache looking through autotrader and CL, I have no idea what i want and I'm gonna need one soon. gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

They all suck. hth

Yep, coming to that realization now.

Trying to find one that sucks the least is the hard part.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

Holy poo poo, that thing is loving demolished. Given how the toaster looked, I wasn't expecting anything nearly that bad. Any idea how fast she was going?

The guy that was behind me and witnessed the whole thing (thank god) estimated that she was going about 60mph. I was doing 30 tops.

I did not see her coming until she was maybe ten feet away from me, all I had time to do was think "oh gently caress" and then it was lights out. I guess it's good in a way that i didn't have time to brace for impact and have my arms/wrists broken or something, but then again if I had that much time I might have been able to avoid it? Idk. It keeps running through my head and it will probably stay with me for awhile unfortunately.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 12, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's a Versa but yeah it's amazing. The guy at the tow yard said he is constantly amazed by the amount of people walking in to see their destroyed cars so the manufacturers must be doing something right.

MomJeans420 posted:

I try to look down perpendicular streets as I'm approaching them, but if someone is going way too fast or there's an obstruction, there's just nothing you can do.

It was a Y shaped funny intersection that's half the problem. The fire rescue guys told my wife that intersection is a problem area.

[e] I was heading north on Pasadena into 66th st, and she was flying southbound on 66th.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 12, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tremek posted:

This sounds familiar

Get something awesome in the toaster’s place. Unsolicited $0.02 - RWD V8s are only going to get more scarce, so do the needful and live a little.

I love V8s but honestly where I live (urban sprawl Florida) it's just a waste. Gonna be looking a manual 2014 toaster that's for sale nearby, have never driven a manual xB and from what I've heard it kinda sucks (something about lovely clutch feel) but I'll judge for myself. Maybe there might be a clutch assist spring thingy like in GTIs or something and it can be modded? Idk. Other than that, once I find out the policy limits of the idiot drunk that hit me I might be able to afford new in which case I'm seriously considering a base manual Civic like Adiabatic got, or a Corolla hybrid which looks like an amazing car for urban driving.....All the benefits of a Prius without actually driving an ugly rear end Prius, 53mpg city starting at $23k.

slidebite posted:

Late to this, but that really sucks dude. Breathing sucks with broken ribs, laughing is even worse.... but sneezing worse than that.

Was the driver charged with impaired?

Yeah I've had broken ribs before (skateboarding lol) so I know the drill and it sucks. As soon as the doc told me i was like gently caress, here we go again. I'll take it tho considering it could have been a hell of a lot worse if I was a second later and she slammed into my door......Geez I would have been hosed up pretty bad i think.

The cops said they were going to charge her but it hasn't been official yet, my wife checked her record and she was driving on a suspended license as well so she's proper hosed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yes, she has insurance through Geico. Probably because the car isn't paid for otherwise she wouldn't have that either.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

It's been a year and a half and my ribs still aren't perfect. Can't bench heavy without some wicked sick pain and having all the air blown out of me.

I hope she gets nailed to the wall.

Yeah I fractured a rib on my right side about a year ago after some kid on a bike dropped into a bowl I was in and slammed into me. I still feel it now and then especially when I'm working out and using the bench even more....Just kinda have to work through it I suppose, but now i'll have pain on both sides so that's gonna suck lol.

Powershift posted:

Buy a military surplus humvee and make the next drunk driver wish you hadn't

Funny you say that because that's exactly what my son said to me as well :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Soul is alright, I've just always liked the xB better. And I trust a Toyota more than a Kia anyways. I'm sure my son would love for me to get a military spec Hummer but I wouldn't have anywhere to put the drat thing it's too big :v:

One of the first real Hummers I ever saw was owned by the Macho Man (Randy Savage) who lived down the street from me. He had one of those and a Viper, both painted the same, completely black with the Viper having a silver racing stripe. First time I'd ever seen a Viper up close too, he'd always stop at the local 7-11 or Walgreens and i'd drool on them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrOnBicycle posted:

Edit: ^^^Makes me happy that dealers here in Sweden generally just say hi and ask if they can help with anything then leave you alone to wander around.

Getting increasingly interested in the Lexus GS450h. Initially I was sold on the 3rd gen, but getting more and more interested in the 4th gen (not the facelift though, dear god that grille). 3rd gen is cheaper to buy, and slightly faster. But the 4th gen has a much more modern interior and is better on fuel. I have yet to test drive either because they are a bit rare here, but if I like them and buy one I'd plan to keep it as long as possible (which makes a 4th gen a better proposition, perhaps?). Haven't seen much on difference in reliability, but both seem to be very reliable. Anyone have any experience with these cars?

We considered one but got an LS430 instead. The 4th gen is definitely the better car, don't even waste time with the 3rd gen car. I loved it and wanted to get one but it was for my wife and she liked the LS much better so she chose that instead. Really can't go wrong with a Lexus either way though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

We went with the vinyl 'Free Fit' flooring and that was complete and utter garbage. Warped a couple years in, domed and did everything it was never supposed to do. Just a complete and utter waste of time. We just ate the cost and put straight up tile throughout our house, plank-style tiles of course, but yeah this poo poo will not warp no matter what. If you guys are going to do flooring don't compromise because it sucks terribly to have to do your entire floor twice in 6 years :negative:

What is the free fit flooring? Never heard of it. We have been considering doing our entire house with vinyl I want to make sure we get it right. Kinda weird that vinyl would warp, that's what real wood would do and i thought the whole point of going vinyl was to avoid that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

This stuff. They come in plank sizes just like wood, you late them flat and that's pretty much it. Didn't matter though, because each plank started to warp and curl in on itself so suddenly the nice fit that it had is much less because each plank is slightly smaller than what it was originally. When it was brand new though it was great, soft and warm to the touch in a pleasant way.
Now that we just went true Florida and put down actual tile it is far better, especially because in the summer heat the interior floor stays cool.

That's bizarre....Did you let them acclimate for awhile before you installed them? I've just never heard of that happening with vinyl before. Some friends of our did theirs a few years ago in vinyl and didn't have any issues. Maybe it's just that company you got it from, or have you heard of other issues with different manufacturers?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm taking the CRX hands down...Hope it's a 5 speed :v:

Also lol at $7500 for a 4cyl Muustang

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sorry about your stepdad slidebite, hope he pulls through.

Ever since my accident been really thinking about mortality and that kind of poo poo. What ifs. You try not to think about it on a normal daily basis, but when it gets close to you it's hard to block it out sometimes. I got really lucky.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just used chocolate milk to make a latte......Why haven't i thought of this sooner, so good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

God insurance companies suck, and Geico is at the top of the list. Can't wait to drop them when this is over.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Is Geico your company? Also the other driver's? You should be steering the conversation from the way the accident happened. ?

Both myself and the other driver. My lawyer has warned me when that's the case Geico likes to put a percentage of blame on the victim for not avoiding the accident. But he also said if they try that he's going to tell them to gently caress off.

So far it's been a week, they haven't looked at the car yet and I don't have a rental, not having a car is a pain in the rear end.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

It's cause you're going for a ride around the block but are gonna get lost, right?

e: that weed spray helps me not want to die every second of every day but also makes me not wanna do anything. How do potheads get anything done?

Start doing whatever you need done first before you take it then you don't have a choice :v:

I have found it can help me focus on certain things, but then not give a poo poo for others so ymmv.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Finally got a rental car, a Nissan Sentra yay

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pretty sure I'd snap the rubber band in the CVT if I tried that

God this thing is horrible, Chrysler of japan indeed

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

weiner mobile needs to be blown imo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So we figured out last night that who we thought was a good friend of ours is actually pretty loving judgemental, kinda funny how poo poo comes out when people are drunk. They drank way too much for me anyway so I'm fine with kicking them to the curb, but my wife is really hurt because she was more invested and took the brunt of it....What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Also their kid and our kid are good friends, so it makes it even harder because of that.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 21, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slam flanders posted:

Long time lurker looking for a heads-up. Have my daily driver all sorted out, but didn't know what is best to look for in a vehicle for long-hauls. Is there anything in particular I should look for in a vehicle I may be taking on 7 hour drives to get pussy? Could be in all seasons and since I am in Colorado, it could be in any direction/climate. Any help is appreciated, boys!

Miata

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Saw the new Supra in the flesh today getting delivered to a local dealer and being put in the showroom, it was perfect timing right as we pulled up and my son flipped out :v:

It was a "Launch Edition" and apparently they already had offers of 30k over invoice. Was a gorgeous car tho, looks way better in person.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You have two kids and neither one likes peanut butter? I've never met a kid without a peanut allergy that didn't like peanut butter.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

I can't actually think of a single food that I have a strong dislike for

Only thing i can think of is liver. Any kind of liver is just horrible imo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So when did facebook marketplace for cars become 90% dealer adds?

gently caress this poo poo, I need a car but the private market sucks right now and I don't want to deal with dealerships for a used car what a pain in the dick.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I feel your pain. I've been looking for a replacement for my wife's Juke for several weeks.

There's a dealership here selling a manual Juke, I was kind of intrigued by it......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was originally test driving new cars because I'll be getting money from my accident, but that may be awhile now since I gotta go through all the injury protocol, could be a year or more before I see any of that. My payout for the xB will be around 8k and although that would be a nice down payment, my credit sucks and we'd still be stuck with two car payments then so that ain't gonna work. I really wanted a new Civic Sport manual but it's going to have to wait. In the meantime I need a loving car and used dealers are worse then new dealers, this sucks.

[e] I found another xB with low miles at a great price........And it's at a Mercedes Benz dealer in Palm Beach 180 miles away :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 23, 2019