Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
gently caress's sake...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The cops at the scene told me the other driver said "I ran a red light and somebody hit me" :v:

Hah. Well at least you aint gonna have a problem proving fault

Gald you are okay and the car did it's job. Broken ribs gonna suuuuuck

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Thanks guys. Steering wheel airbag went off but not the side bags for some reason. Pretty much a textbook front overlap, the car did it's job and i was able to walk from it (tho i don't remember that lol) one of the reasons I got the car was because of the good crash ratings.

The cops at the scene told me the other driver said "I ran a red light and somebody hit me" :v:

Broken ribs are a bitch but I'm glad you're otherwise okay. Sounds like the other driver is hosed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

drat, AA... glad you ended up okay. Are you going with another xb?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Looks like quite an impact. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus.

Glad you're okay. drat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

drat, AA... glad you ended up okay. Are you going with another xb?

I dunno, I really liked it a lot but it got pretty lovely mpg for a four cylinder tbh. I guess it's gonna depend on how much money I end up with after I sue her rear end, a new bare bones Civic like Adiabatic got sounds nice. Without the oil leaks of course.....Or I could always go Miata since that's never the wrong Answer :v:

What sucks is I just put new TRD suspension on it, new tires, transmission service yadda yadda. Not gonna make that back with the payoff i don't think but maybe I'll get lucky.

When I got hit i was rocking out full blast to Dokken, and when I went to get my stuff out of the car today and turned the key to get the CD out of the player it started playing right where it left off before i got nailed and it triggered me big time, like took me back to right before it happened. I'm probably gonna have a hard time driving for a bit whenever i get back in a car.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 11, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I mean this is *kind* of related to drunk as in someone probably was a little sloshed coming up with it

TWIN V CARB goddamn I love this thing, everything about it but especially those factory alloys!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SO MANY VACUUM LINES

Thanks guys. Steering wheel airbag went off but not the side bags for some reason. Pretty much a textbook front overlap, the car did it's job and i was able to walk from it (tho i don't remember that lol) one of the reasons I got the car was because of the good crash ratings.

drat man, glad you're okay. That "I ran a red light and someone hit me" line tho... that kinda seals the deal.

Beach Bum posted:

IPS was life changing for me. I had to upgrade because new mid-high GPUs are almost exclusively Dport and HDMI, and all my old poo poo was DVI. I figured "why not get something nice if you have to buy new?"

You can get decent 1080 IPS panels for under $200 these days, I think I got my pair for $160/ea.

Yeah, don't have the money to do that yet; some DP to DVI adapters were easier for now. :shrug: I'd rather do a single wide 4k monitor at that point.

I'll upgrade the monitors after I upgrade the main guts of the PC. Still rocking an overclocked Sandy Bridge i7, which is plenty functional, but showing its age a bit.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I got "I'm so sorry, I ran the red light!" After my big accident, makes settling up pretty easy.

The disconnect with reality after going through that poo poo is nuts though, like some sort of drug trip for awhile.

Glad you're okay, glad your family wasn't with you, good luck with the settlement, and don't forget you're obligated to buy something from the Craigslist Gold thread since you're an AI poster.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

KakerMix posted:

I mean this is *kind* of related to drunk as in someone probably was a little sloshed coming up with it

TWIN V CARB goddamn I love this thing, everything about it but especially those factory alloys!

Now how the hell are you gonna fit KO2s on that?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

loving sexy

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Fuuck it's been a bad for weeks for AIers on the whole. Glad you're mostly ok AA.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dang AA.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

A thing happened to me last night at about 2am

Drunk driver ran a red light. I lucked out, only a few broken ribs and feeling really beat up. Seat belt saved my life, wear your seat belts kidos.
Wife: "Awww. Poor toaster"

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Noooo not the Scion 😱

Served well, will pour out a splash of bubbly in it's memory.

Edit: Kakermix that speaks to my very bones. I dont know a drat thing about sourcing spare parts but I want it just so I can match argyle socks to the seats.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 11, 2019

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Would you fuckers please stop almost dying I like reading about most of your shenanigans.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
So who's in Jacksonville and wants to check out another terrible idea for me?
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/jacksonville-1993-mazda-rx7/6920446972.html

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Glad you're okay AA

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010

the spyder posted:

So who's in Jacksonville and wants to check out another terrible idea for me?
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/jacksonville-1993-mazda-rx7/6920446972.html

I can get to it in a week or so when I get off work. Can maybe get a friend to head over there.

Also I really really want it for myself.

e; :ohdear:

tasty food fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 11, 2019

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

T-Square posted:

I wish people would quit frequently asking how I got a black eye. I just have bags under my eyes man, leave me alone :(

I used to frequently get asked if I was on drugs.

Yeah I mean I occasionally was, but that's not the point.

AA, hope your recovery and insurance go smoothly.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I just spent $560 on three tires, a new steering rack, and an engine mount for the CR-V :gibs:

But hey, I've been budgeting hardcore for a while now and while it hurts it won't actually keep me from paying my bills! :toot:

I am NOT looking forward to the rack and the rear mount :smithicide:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 11, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Guys.

It's less than a grand.

Should I?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Why is it not in your driveway yet?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

STR posted:

Why is it not in your driveway yet?

I don't have a driveway, and the Vic already won't fit in the garage. :v:

I'll have to give them a call in the morning.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Hey Rhyno, an incel losing his poo poo is going viral. Thought you'd enjoy this:

https://twitter.com/oliviabradley88/status/1148958211531268099

All I wanted was a bagel.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

Glad you're okay AA

:same:

Also, fridge corn, I'll have you know that the new and better CITF has just been taken off my ignore list.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The main road by me was shut last night for 90 minutes due to someone threatening to jump. I made the mistake of reading the comments (I know, I know) on the local news about it, there's maybe 3 comments asking about mental health provisioning, a couple more neutral contents and the rest are either saying he should have been pushed by the police or fined or shot. gently caress this country.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Hey Rhyno, an incel losing his poo poo is going viral. Thought you'd enjoy this:

The look on his face when guy jumps him is pretty good.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Does this mean we are going to hang out?

Sorry :( Decent chance I’ll be back soon, per the norm I saw the inside of the airport, plane, Uber, conference room, uber, airport, plane, airport.

AA, that accident sucks, hope you heal quickly!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

RillAkBea posted:

The look on his face when guy jumps him is pretty good.
That face is "YOU CAN SHUT THE gently caress U--oh god i've made a mistake here" in visual form.

Really, though, regardless of him mouthing off the other guy shouldn't have jumped him. It's basically legally indefensible, and I'm going to guess this dude is the type to push other people but then cry to the cops after getting pushed back.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Really, though, regardless of him mouthing off the other guy shouldn't have jumped him. It's basically legally indefensible, and I'm going to guess this dude is the type to push other people but then cry to the cops after getting pushed back.

Oh yeah, the other guy is an rear end in a top hat too. No arguments there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

I'M A NICE GUY GOD drat IT

The other dude is an rear end in a top hat for attacking him but we all wanted to see him get his rear end kicked.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Ehh, you start poo poo with someone much bigger than you, it tends to go that way. "Oh, but that's illegal/morally wrong/not nice!" Doesn't matter, reality gives precisely no fucks. There's always someone bigger and nastier than you, and if you go around mouthing off at everyone and being aggressive almost to the point of parody, you absolutely, 100%, will get your poo poo pushed in at some point.

It's very much one for the "what exactly did you expect to happen?" files.

KakerMix posted:

especially those factory alloys!
Those will look loving sweet with the recessed stuff painted anthracite and the flat faces polished.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

meatpimp posted:

Look buddy, the layoffs at the Wonka plant hit everyone hard...

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah, if you're gonna sit there and scream poo poo like that and get in people's faces, then I don't know what to tell you other than you deserve it when someone has had enough and pushes your poo poo in :shrug:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Wish we could have seen the preceding few minutes. Glad somebody stood up for the people getting harassed though.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Desk/monitor chat:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

toplitzin posted:

Desk/monitor chat:

Nicely done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

meatpimp posted:

SWM, 5'5', w/daddy issues, NJ - is basically a guaranteed suburban terrorist