Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:siren:JUDGEMENT ALLOWED:siren:

Greetings, slow drivers of the world!

Are you the kind of person who drives the speed limit regardless of how arbitrary it seems? Are you a “5 Under” kind of person? Do you stop at yellow lights?

When you’re tooting along down a single lane route and you see a wide open road in front of you, and a line of cars a quarter mile long behind you, what are your thoughts???

Are you more concerned with safety or is it an anxiety thing?

Genuinely curious about you all. I am a bit more of an assertive, speedy driver. I just kind of want to get into the mindset of other kinds of drivers.

Judgement free zone.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I got probed for admitting this in the past... But I drive slow and don't like dealing with people merging, either. So I drive slow in the left lane a lot. Tbh most of my time driving is either listening to an audiobook or just deep in thought, so I never really pay a lot of attention to people passing me on the right or giving me mean looks. Driving is a place where I can catch a little "me" time. Like being on the toilet, but surrounded by people. Am I proud of it? No. But my blood pressure stays low, I've never been in or caused an accident, and I always get where I'm going.

:blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu:

:suicide:

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Coasterphreak posted:

I feel absolutely no need to floor it to the next stoplight, the only thing it does is waste gas

Nothing wastes more gas than stopping at a red light.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Grem posted:

Broke up with a girl cause she turned a two hour trip down to Virginia Beach into a 6 hour trip because she refused to drive over the speed limit and exclusively stayed in the right lane.

Was your right foot broken or something?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I got probed for admitting this in the past... But I drive slow and don't like dealing with people merging, either. So I drive slow in the left lane a lot. Tbh most of my time driving is either listening to an audiobook or just deep in thought, so I never really pay a lot of attention to people passing me on the right or giving me mean looks. Driving is a place where I can catch a little "me" time. Like being on the toilet, but surrounded by people. Am I proud of it? No. But my blood pressure stays low, I've never been in or caused an accident, and I always get where I'm going.

gently caress you, you retarded pussy.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

I'm seeing a whole lot of judgement in this, the slow driver safe space thread

Mister I-Listen-to-Audio-Books-While-Deliberately-Blocking-the-Left-Lane ruined it for everyone in less than one page.

Mods please rename this thread to “SLOW DRIVER DESTRUCTION DERBY: Eating Dust On My Way to Eat rear end”

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Telebite posted:

Blaorg! People drive too fast in the left lane. So I regularly drive *exactly* the speed limit in the left lane, to make sure all the traffic in the left lane doesn't speed. Just doing my part to save lives! I had a custom bumper sticker made that says "THE REGULATOR"! Blaorg!

Thankfully my state has a “Slow Poke Law” that makes it illegal to be driving in the passing lane without the intention of passing another car.

I mean, I’ve never actually been stuck behind a slow driver and had the police swoop in, pull them over, and watch them executed in my rearview. But it’s nice to know that law is there I guess?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Laslow posted:

If I’m driving the speed limit it’s because I have a lot of drugs in the car.

If I’m not, then it’s speed limit plus 5, unless everyone else around me is going faster, then I keep pace, because safety in numbers.

This is all in your state’s Driver’s Handbook, if you’d bother to read the loving thing.

poo poo if I’ve got some weed or shrooms on me I make sure to go 5 over to avoid looking suspicious.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I think I realized why I hate getting stuck behind slow drivers so much.

It’s like when I’m stuck behind a slow driver it almost feels like I’m not even driving the car. I’m just watching a really lovely movie of someone’s trunk. I get bored.

I start to fidget... I start to brood...

When I have road in front on me I can be 100% focused on driving.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

And you’re being a sub as they control your speed.

It’s true :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

I overheard a woman bragging about going the exact speed limit to act as a traffic speed controller.

I’m going to reread this when I get home and it’s going to feel so loving good to blow my brains out.