Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I drive fast but tbh other fast drivers complain about slow drivers but are without fail the ones who blow through stop signs in residentials with kids, drive past stopped busses, tailgate, don't understand how yield signs or zipper traffic works, and habitually cannot adapt to weather conditions and will still slam 70+ while it's pouring obscene amounts of rain. They're the guys who unironically think "I'm a good driver so I won't get in an accident" acting like they have complete control over the other 80 people in rush hour traffic who are clearly preprogrammed bots in a videogame thus reliable and predictable.

So like, don't complain about slow drivers if you ignore literally every other law of the road because the slow drivers are by and large signifigantly less of a hazard on the whole.

I drive fast as poo poo but I don't tailgate, leaving following distance, and yield, 90% of other drivers going fast as gently caress don't and actually don't have a legitimate "safety" complaint about slow drivers they clearly don't give a gently caress about that it's entirely sourced from impatience and massive insecurity when they can't impose themselves on others on the road.

So tbh I'd rather be stuck with a bunch of careful, ponderous slow drivers than a bunch of fast drivers who complain about slow drivers because it makes it harder for them to drive like shitheads.
If you complain about slow drivers but will weave from lane to lane in heavy traffic your complaints are basically like worth nothing. Same to people who passive aggressively refuse to signal.

gently caress extremely old people though, they drive slow and dangerously as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I got probed for admitting this in the past... But I drive slow and don't like dealing with people merging, either. So I drive slow in the left lane a lot. Tbh most of my time driving is either listening to an audiobook or just deep in thought, so I never really pay a lot of attention to people passing me on the right or giving me mean looks. Driving is a place where I can catch a little "me" time. Like being on the toilet, but surrounded by people. Am I proud of it? No. But my blood pressure stays low, I've never been in or caused an accident, and I always get where I'm going.

You sound like a distracted driver my dude.