Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I got probed for admitting this in the past... But I drive slow and don't like dealing with people merging, either. So I drive slow in the left lane a lot. Tbh most of my time driving is either listening to an audiobook or just deep in thought, so I never really pay a lot of attention to people passing me on the right or giving me mean looks. Driving is a place where I can catch a little "me" time. Like being on the toilet, but surrounded by people. Am I proud of it? No. But my blood pressure stays low, I've never been in or caused an accident, and I always get where I'm going.

Hovers over button...rereads thread title....uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Isaac posted:

Does america not have speed cameras

My state banned them then it went to the Supreme Court. They allowed it. They make millions off this btw, and a person that isn’t driving can get the ticket. License plate scan. How is this handled elsewhere?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone lies about their driving habits itt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArbitraryC posted:

I will have you know I was doing 10 over just today on my commute and had some dude in this loud as gently caress sports car rapidly approaching in my rearview, musta been doing 20 over, and I.... got to the right before he reached me and had to slow down because gently caress it I ain't the police and getting out of his way didn't affect my travel at all so who cares let the dude be fast and furious. Of course he ended up getting stuck a mile or so up from some idiot putting along in the left lane but I did what I could.

I legit have trouble wrapping my head around people who don't think this way on the road. People driving too quickly may be dangerous I guess but if you just get out of their way they're gone as quick as they came, people who drive too slowly are the thorn in your side for the long haul.

You need to reread the thread title Arb.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The_Franz posted:

“Whoops, they had a dash-cam and when the cops saw that I was intentionally trying to cause an accident I was charged with reckless driving and vehicular manslaughter because someone was killed in the crash”

I really wonder why dash cams are not stock equipment on new cars.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pistol_Pete posted:

dashcammers themselves always seem like incredibly horrible people.

Uh what?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiny Bug Child posted:

wait hang on. it really irritates me when people do this, but i feel like there has to be some kind of miscommunication here because i understand "shoulder" as the little half-lane slice of pavement between the lane and the edge of the road. shoulders aren't big enough to be useful for turning. you're still halfway in the real lane so nobody can get around you yet and you've got to slow down more because now your turning radius has to be way tighter. it's really stupid and pointless to use a shoulder to turn. but if "shoulder" means a dedicated turning lane to you, then yeah, of course people should use that

anyway my real pet peeve is this local highway around here where at the beginning there's an "[END] SPEED LIMIT 35" sign. apparently there's a shitload of people that don't realize when speed limit signs have that little "END" addendum it means the limit reverts to the statewide limit, which is 55 here. so there's always people driving down this wide, flat, open highway 20 mph slower than they should be

I got a ticket once for 42 in a 35, i was probably 50’ from the 55mph sign. Not a lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

thatguy posted:

Bulldozer

Talk about slow drivers, man.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arrhythmia posted:

I come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign.

But don't signal.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's the short stretch that you drive down when you're passing from a smaller, slower road to a bigger, faster road. In the UK we call them slip roads and in the UK (at least), drivers are supposed to use them to accelerate up to motorway speeds and then smoothly slot themselves into the existing traffic.

However, a significant minority of the population (old people) don't understand this and instead just slowly drive out, expecting the existing traffic to make way for them.

So an on ramp.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Splicer posted:

Ground floor page one

it took me a while.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brolander posted:

did someone just get probated for a two week old post in here lol

Did you read the reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I think I realized why I hate getting stuck behind slow drivers so much.

It’s like when I’m stuck behind a slow driver it almost feels like I’m not even driving the car. I’m just watching a really lovely movie of someone’s trunk. I get bored.

I start to fidget... I start to brood...

When I have road in front on me I can be 100% focused on driving.

And you’re being a sub as they control your speed.