Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Sampatrick posted:

Well yeah but clearly the current incarnation of the EG squad lacks those qualities. If that is the case, then it makes sense to change the roster.

???

Right and what I’m saying is that if they pick up Ramzes and Abed they haven’t learned anything and are grabbing the same qualities as what they are replacing - qualities that are just not enough anymore. There’s a reason why VP fails at TI, why Abed has never won poo poo and why all these high skilled EG squads have accomplished nothing beyond 3rd place.

There is legit nothing that Ramzes or Abed have done that indicate this is a shift in the team rather than more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

They wouldn't pick up Ramzes and Abed in order to increase the technical skill of the team is what I'm saying. Yes, obviously every team is full of very good players and so it takes more than just that in order to win tournaments. You're not making some crazy revelatory statement. If EG is indeed going for this lineup, then it's obvious that they're trying to make some huge shifts in how they approach the game. I don't understand why you're having so much difficulty grasping this concept.

You're legitimately making no sense (which may be why I can't grasp the concept!) or not following my point at all. You seem to be saying that the fact that they are making a change at all means they are thinking about some huge shift at how they approach the game.

I'm saying that the change they are looking to make (assuming true) indicates no huge shift and is an attempt to replace one high-skilled player with another while ignoring what makes the best teams the best right now.

So gently caress right off with your condescending "i'm not making some crazy revelatory statement," and apparently like you I don't see why you're having such difficulty here. You seem to be able to read my words but for some reason are ignoring the content. Let me emphasize again. Abed and Ramzes are highly technical skilled players that so far (Abed more than Ramzes) have not demonstrated any ability to be part of a more cohesive, main-stage successful Dota team. I think Ramzes potentially can be, but Abed is basically just a worse Sumail with none of the other qualities I'm talking about here.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 28, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Your point is literal nonsense. They're not going to swap a high skill player for a low skill player, that would be loving nonsense. The things that make the best teams the best have everything to do with how they play together - so if they're swapping out Sumail of all people or bringing in Ramzes of all people in the 3 position, it's clear that they're factoring in how they're going to play together, which means they are clearly not exclusively thinking about technical skill. If they were, they wouldn't be looking at a pos 3 Ramzes lmao.

And your point is literally not anything worth using brain cells on - of course teams don't loving try to get worse when they make changes. I'm saying that these changes, if true, indicate a continuing focus on mechanical skill as a team building strategy above all other things. If you were asking me who is a mechanical skill facsimile of Sumail, Abed might be the answer. It indicates to me that they aren't learning or thinking about the box. I'm so confused as to why this is hard to grasp for you? You seem to think that any change means they aren't exclusively thinking about more than technical skill which is just nonsense. I'd say bringing in Abed/Ramzes on this kind of short timeline shows that they are still focused on the same problematic thing.

Edit: Your post also implicitly incorporates this idea that they are choosing to replace Sumail with someone, when it is likely the opposite. They are losing Sumail, and are looking to rebuild the roster. This makes a huge difference - it isn't dumping a highly skilled player for another they think will fit better. They're looking to do a raw skill swap.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 28, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Why would Sumail ever leave EG voluntarily lmao. He's going to stay in NA for the foreseeable future.

I mean, this tells me everything I think I need to know right here. If you think EG is voluntarily dropping Sumail I don't really think this conversation is worth having.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This sounds like you're reading the Reddit roster shuffle thread, extrapolating a bit and making poo poo up around the edges.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

I'm not at all even close to whining but if it's coming off that way, my bad. I wasn't expecting such low hanging, lovely reddit reposter responses. That's on me. Dipshit.. fair enough on that.

I got back from Shanghai last Tuesday and felt like talking about the shuffle since I'm a fan as well. Figured you guys might appreciate some actual facts through the noise. I'll check back in just to say hi when everything starts getting announced next week. Maybe drop one more stack for good measure beforehand, just for the few who think I'm making up poo poo, like what do I have to gain hahah

Sure but you come out of nowhere posting stuff that's already available on Reddit with what appears to be some half-baked stuff any one of us could make up too. I'm not sure what you expected - this is the internet, nobody is going to believe you without proof because as soon as we do we get taken for a ride.

Actual facts through the noise - we're supposed to know anything you say is an actual fact how? Some of it feels to me to be the opposite, like EG jettisoning their best player because apparently Rtz was pulling his punches or something.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 2, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I hate OG a lot but was with you until you mentioned ccnc in the same breath as good players and now i have to question everything else about your post

I know we all love to meme and stuff but CCnC is a legitimately good player. He’s not Sumail but he’s good and his improvement from the last TI was massive.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

emdash posted:

pos1 sumail

Why. Why. Why.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

This legitimately makes no sense.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

edit wait wait wait. so the 90gpm talent at level 10 gets you the Aghs/helm faster...so you just have to wait a few more levels to get the +75 damage. Why not add a mana-draining cost to the scepter spirits so you can just run around killing everything?

It's a complete destruction of carry Io. Those 5 levels are enormous.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Delaying makes carry Wisp weaker but you still would eventually hit that timing;

A part of timing is literally the time that it comes online. Delaying it means it doesn't come out at the same time during the game, which results in the 75 spirit damage being significantly less effective.

So I really don't think you can say that you will still eventually hit that timing - it's completely dead.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 6, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

You realize that OG also won with carry wisp in the late game, right? Aghs still offers a massive amount of damage. That's not why this is a huge nerf to carry wisp. They also took fights with aghs before level 15. The nerf is making it so you actually need to itemize defensively. You're no longer unkillable based on nothing but levels.

This is a ludicrous point to be honest, but you do you. Their entire strategy was built around the level 15/agh's power spike being completely overpowered for the point that you can it in the game, but sure, because they won one game late against NiP you're totally right here.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I think you're both wrong here and right. You're significantly downplaying the "engine" of what made Io carry good.

The level 20 transition is what was used to close out (some) games, but that's not what won them. OG used the insane level 15 spike, when no other hero on the map comes even remotely close to touching Io's combination of damage and survivability, to completely take control of the game. Essentially minutes 20-26 turned into a walk over, which turned into map control which either outright won the game right there or made for an easy transition into finalizing the game. And that all happens because of that insane midgame timing, not because of the level 20 armor talent. The level 15 talent and aghs pairing was the engine and its gone.

The prime example of this is the last game of the tournament.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 6, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Edit: Not worth it.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Zurreco posted:

EG is taking a long time to announce their new lineup of

1 Mason
2 CCnC
3 Sumail
4 Cr1t
5 Yawar

Don't tease me.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Well what's your behavior score? I'm sure that it has to be pretty drat low to get into the territory they are talking about in that post there. In my mind an exceptionally low behavior score is something like under 1k? Maybe under 500? They don't go into the negatives right?

An aside: I noticed my behavior score dropping a bit and I made an effort to clean up and I'm back up near 10k!

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 17, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Dunite posted:

Wow, didn't even know it went that low, I'm between 5 and 6k on a bad week where I pick like 20 techies games, but my winrate averages 75% with techies. I probably don't have to worry.

You're fine.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Uni deserve better.

At this point, does he though?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Void Spirit has to be a carry right? What was the last carry we got?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Yeah I meant the latter. It's been a while.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

right and how funny is that going to be the 30th time it happens

Jesus

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

lmao that kunka

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

derra posted:

Wasnt able to watch for a bit, who is playing on Beastcoast?

monkeysforever, brax, ixmike, JPJ and Craptacular.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

are they using the normal map?

Yes they couldn't zoom out on the custom one and also had the bug where kills were worth less gold.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Cerepol posted:

I dunno when I'll get tired of ES/Morph but its not yet. Such a disgusting combo

It's never not hilarious.

I remember when Morph initially lost Replicate I was devastated but it's much better now.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Universe is still good

He's playing so well.

And I said he was washed. The shame.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This is loving insanity good lord

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Void Spirit seems like another mid to me.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

oh, I doubt that will come up in any pub games unless they go like 90+ minutes

Yeah a lot of this stuff is pointless for 99% of games. The big thing is the tier 1 and 2 neutral items I think, and the new control point things in place of the side shops.

Plus all the hero changes of course.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

nigma balls

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

It feels like Dota never really left.

Water is wet. Sky is blue. EG is absolute poo poo.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Casually winning a fight while down 33k gold. Wraith King things.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Si

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I really think you need tower push from SOMEONE on your team if you're rolling with carry Riki. Or this poo poo happens.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh my god did he TP out while in the wraith king ghost dead form to die in fountain and save the rapiers?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I still think ice3x played like complete poo poo.

Not gonna be the last time you say that. I feel like EG asks so much of its offlaners that they end up looking like poo poo, and I kinda feel like iceiceice was already heading towards washed even before this.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I haven't been watching a ton of Dota recently so I'm pretty excited to see the build on this Clinkz.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The gently caress is going on with NA dota.

How's Gunnar just solo kill Abed mid?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This does not look good for the Zoomers.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

In a shocking twist, w33 is 7th in net worth. They desperately need to get rid of him.

He's terrible. And yet they still made ti9 finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

w33 sucks