Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

NJPW may be a boring choice but this might be our best shot at getting Taichi a WK main event

NJPW, strap a rocket to the Holy Emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Doesn't EWR have the Japan touring system instead of Japanese feds so you can sudden;y find yourself without key members of a roster mid-feud?

only if they are on PPA when the tours are started.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
From what I remember, there is a period of time, where a company touring is not active and this allows you to offer contracts to talents with Japan dates which takes them off future lists. It sucks until you get to the first rest period.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Raise risk level by 1%
Raise production by 6% (+1%, +5%)
Raise Ad Budget to recommended point.
No developmental, but start a training facility.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Load up Arsenic and unfuck this video game

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Feuds:
Main Feuds:
Cody/Dustin Rhodes vs Lucha Brothers
Jon Moxley vs Chuck Taylor
Hikaru Shida vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Secondary Feuds:
Riho vs Nyla Rose (turn Riho face)
Greg vs Daniels
Evangelico vs Kazarian/Scorpio Sky
A Boy and His Luchasaurus vs The Dark Order

I can explain ideas when I am not on my phone.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

no jericho and or omega?

They can be fixtures in the booking without programs moving them forward, since mechanically you cnat do six man feuds and you have a limited number of slots. Like Bucks and Omega should square off against a heel group consisting on Jericho and a heel lower card act (heel Private Party?).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, I have some time to speak on my dumb angles and feuds:,

+ Main Feuds (Mechanic: The Game gives three of your feuds top billing and I don’t remember it it actually does or means anything)
- Cody/Dustin vs Lucha Bros.
Coming off of the match between the Bucks and the Rhodes at fight for the fallen, the Rhodes brothers should be spun into another tag team feud to build the tag team ranks and establish priority for tag wrestling.

- Dustin and Greg vs Moxley and Janela
So, Moxley is set to face Omega at All Out, and the Best Friends are set to face the winner of a tag match at fight for the fallen for the number one seed. But with Kenny having the Elite Moxley needs a crew, so he gets the guy he went to war with at Fyter Fsst, his New Japan Young Lion, and maybe others and builds a group, this group puts them at odds with the Best Friends, who are just trying to make their WCW money and live, but these perverts keep stepping up to get Strong Zero’d.

- Hikaru Shida vs Yuka Sakazaki
Shida was busy at Fyter and didn’t see the poo poo that happened to Yuka, and after picking up the victory at Double or Nothing is a bit cocky.

- A Boy, His Dinosaur, and a Sith Lord vs The Team Named after a Web Forum
So, this would require two feud slots for a six man feud of Havoc, Jungle Boy, and Luchasaurus vs SoCa Uncensored, who can claim that the only good trios wrestlers have come from Southern California, or something.

-Riho vs Nyla Rose
Riho picking up the sneaky win at Fyter Fest should set Nyla off as she tries to murder all Joshi to get a shot at the one she wants.

Kenny can work with Champion Jericho in a feud with the Young Bucks that also includes Jericho recruiting some lovely heel apprentices. (MJeff and Guevara)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Everyone who can be signed to written contracts, should holy poo poo this game doesn’t let you have cool and good open contracts.

We need to start brainstorming womem’s Tag teams.

Also, Sign Jordynne Grace and Kiera Hogan. Try and sign Rosemary/Courtney Rush to pair with Allie. (Their team should exist with experience)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

I just ask because depending on whether DON results count in the game, every matchup is a fresh matchup with no real beef to be had.

Mechanics chat: The way feuds work in EWR is you decide the feud in advance, and depending their face/heel status and comparing the overness of the performers on either side (either 2 man or 4 man feuds) determines the, I want to say heat, of the feud. Angles and Matches that advance the feud increase it or decrease it based on the value of the segments and Sophie will tell us when the feud has cooked long enough to get a big blow-off match that increases everyone involved's overness.

So I'd say vote with your heart and not your head because this is a game with a smaller amount of levers than you'd want to tell effective stories.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
- Best Friends finish is Strong Zero
- Young Bucks finish is the Meltzer Driver (Five Stars!)

Tag Team Ideas:
- Pair Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus as "A Boy and His Dinosaur"
- Pair Bea Priestly with someone hired also in Queen's Quest as "Queen's Quest"
- Pair Joey Janela and Jon Moxley as "Wrestling's Bad Boy (and Mox)"
- Pair Sadie Gibbs with the Tokyo Cyber Squad, also bring in the Tokyo Cyber Squad
- Pair Britt Baker and Kylie Rae as "Queens of Strong Smile"
- Pair Marko Stunt with Ace Romero.
- Pair MJF and Sammy Guevara as just some pieces of absolute garbage.
- Pair Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin ???

Rarity posted:

Do the tournament over multiple shows to avoid overexposing people and also give us more time for feuds to naturally come up

TV tournaments are very useful, lo and behold we have TV to do just that. Semi-finals and finals on one card doesn't overexpose the talent.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
quick question, Dynamite is prime time, right.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

YEP. We have a prime time slot on TNT

We can establish feuds and run a single tournament (tag titles would be my vote), so I will technically vote Feuds.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Prime Time Programming means that we have 11 segments per show to work with.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Migrate!

Part of me wants you to play the worse game, but yeah, migrate.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Things are about to get... weird. Who are we playing as, Tony? Cody? The Something Awful Forums?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
unfuck the TEW mod

Can't wait for Kenny to debut in AJPW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

What's the options for distribution? Can we do a streaming service?

DVDs or free internet streaming (so putting up the matches on youtube, I guess) edit: or just not distributing matches after the fact, that is technically an option.

We can also start a broadcasting service of our own, but that is a different thing and it is a way to broadcast our events and tv (and might be too expensive for us right now)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Go to remote access and type in shakeitup

I don’t know if you should actually do this, probably not, but Arn dying has inspired me. Use responsibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Also bring in all of Suzukigun.

Always and forever.