Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

oldskool posted:

i will never not recommend Samuel K's run through of Dark Souls:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMByDhVb1ANI-yoXj_cijOicR7-tZQP3E
It got me into the series; IIRC it started in the casual LP thread and eventually moved into its own, but that was so long ago I think they've all been either archived or eaten by the then-broken archiver...

Thank you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's not completed by any means but I've been enjoying Melth's current DS LP. It's different enough that even as someone who has played the game to death I'm finding it interesting.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006435&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Tagaziel
Aug 28, 2022

Ce n'est pas un chat.
Not a request, so much as a question: would anyone be interested in an LP of a really janky Polish FPS called Pył (Dust)?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I love jank.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
:justpost:

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tagaziel posted:

Not a request, so much as a question: would anyone be interested in an LP of a really janky Polish FPS called Pył (Dust)?

Sounds interesting.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

PurpleXVI posted:

I love jank.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
eurojank is a sublime gift from the gods

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
Has there ever been an LP of any of the classic Gran Turismos?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

dlrry posted:

Has there ever been an LP of any of the classic Gran Turismos?

Not that I'm aware of, there's nothing on the master list and nothing comes up a search.

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Not that I'm aware of, there's nothing on the master list and nothing comes up a search.

Shame. GT3 would rock as an LP.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I would love to see an LP of Call of the Sea, a lovecraftian adventure game which refreshingly treats discovering eldritch mysteries as something cool and awesome instead of horrifying. I love the style and visuals of the game but didn't enjoy the puzzles very much, so I never finished it. If someone else could play through it for me, that would be great!

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Does anyone have any interest in LPing an old PS1 game called Juggernaut? I have seen it mentioned before as a weird horror game with bad gameplay and an interesting story. I think the game really needs a screenshot or hybrid LP, I tried watching a longplay, and the gameplay is pretty boring to watch, a lot of wandering through Myst style hallways.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Roxors posted:

Does anyone have any interest in LPing an old PS1 game called Juggernaut? I have seen it mentioned before as a weird horror game with bad gameplay and an interesting story. I think the game really needs a screenshot or hybrid LP, I tried watching a longplay, and the gameplay is pretty boring to watch, a lot of wandering through Myst style hallways.

Supergreatfriend had played through it on stream, archive is on his YouTube page.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
Highly unlikely, but if there are any retrogamers out there looking for something obscure to bring to light, I just learned of the existence of Freedom: Rebels in the Darkness

https://www.mobygames.com/game/freedom-rebels-in-the-darkness

So I'm curious and wonder what anyone would make of it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm still hoping for someone better than me to do a Wasteland 3 SSLP because I don't trust myself to actually put in the effort.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

By popular demand posted:

I'm still hoping for someone better than me to do a Wasteland 3 SSLP because I don't trust myself to actually put in the effort.

Oh man that's tempting to do at some point, though it's almost a shame that they've patched the worst bugs, since that deprives people of really getting the pure, unvarnished launch-day experience where certain traits could soft-lock the game regularly just by having picked them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's still plenty of minor stuff about: from two clear contradictory statements from the same NPCs to poorly thought out crafting recipes.
It's a real shame the game isn't open for mods as the community would have doubtlessly give the game the polish it deserves.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'd like to see that lp to.

I can't remember if anyone did one for Encased.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

I can't remember if anyone did one for Encased.
TheGreatEvilKing tried, he didn't finish. The game isn't bad enough.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Currently watching Wolfpack345’s modded Cold Waters playthrough and I’m getting all sorts of Tom Clancy vibes from it. The base (unmodded) game is about submarines dueling one another beneath the waves (think The Hunt for Red October, but with the “sucking of NATO’s/USA’s dick” elements toned WAY the hell down), and the mod Wolfpack is using adds TONS of surface vessels (plus subs!) AND the ability to play as said vessels.

I would like to request a hybrid LP for this game and a NATO playthrough— as cool as it would be to see a Soviet one, it doesn’t really look like it would be fun to play.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'd love to see a LP of Drowned God.
Failing that, anyone know any good off-site ones? Like even without the tragic and controversial details around the dev's murder-suicide (or just murder, depending on who you ask) yeah, the game does sound like a real neat and interesting product of its time.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
I see it was requested a few months back, but I'm getting a few pieces in order and will likely get started on a VLP of Deathloop in the near future! That said if anyone else had any plans for it don't let me go and derail 'em, I hate steppin' on toes like that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Since every attempt to LP Wild Arms XF in the forums failed, maybe someone else out there actually succeeded. Can someone recommend me an LP?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

If someone wants to do another Anbennar lp they should, since it seems like my natural anxiety/depression is making me update like once a month at best.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I would enjoy a screenshot LP of Pathfinder Kingmaker or Wrath of the Righteous. Both are fantasy RPGs. The latter game is newer and has a downloadable expansion coming out on 3/7/2023. I am aware both games have numerous bugs and mods, I would leave reactions to this to the LP creator. Same for characters used and level of play, though completion and showing off as much of the game as possible would be appreciated most. An entertaining original story for whatever protagonist is played would be great too.

I’ve seen plenty of video LPs of these games on YouTube, never a complete screenshot one. DoubleNegative had a screenshot LP of WotR here last year, but has not updated in a long time. They never got halfway through the first act. I don’t need to know why they stopped updating. Such is life. I still want to see a complete screenshot LP of either game, preferably both. If anyone else has tried to make such an LP I am not aware of it.

I consider both games of sufficient quality for LPing if someone is interested. I have considered trying it myself, but I would need time and skills I currently lack. If I did make such an LP, the screenshot RPG LPs of DN, ddegenha, Grey Hunter, Dark Id, Lt. Danger, 9-gear Crow, Cythreal, & Capitan Garlic (to name a few) would be my inspiration.

Just wondering if anyone else wants to try making such an LP of these games in the near future and staying the course.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What’s the longest SA screenshot/text LP out there? Battletech?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Longest-running is definitely Libluini's Master of Orion 3 LP, as for simply "longest," I think that at almost 150 updates, not counting lore updates, it's also a serious contender for that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Planescaoe Torment got Pretty loving Long.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

A contender has to be Smasher Dynamo's LP of Baseball Mogul, which has stretched in some form from June of 2011 to the current day, including going through three threads.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

StrixNebulosa posted:

The Old Republic Threads are definitely up there, even if they didn't finish KotET. MMOs are big, and not really a thing you finish anyhow. I expect they require archives, if that's still a separate thing. Over all the threads it clocks in at 3600+ updates over 8 authors, I believe.

Like Battletech they feature one PoptartsNinja, who writes a lot of words.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 25, 2023

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Grey Hunter is on another level entirely. Their War in the Pacific LPs are huge. One I looked at was over 1200 updates.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TheMcD posted:

A contender has to be Smasher Dynamo's LP of Baseball Mogul, which has stretched in some form from June of 2011 to the current day, including going through three threads.

these are LPs of epic length and legend. classics of SALP

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

DoubleNegative posted:

Grey Hunter is on another level entirely. Their War in the Pacific LPs are huge. One I looked at was over 1200 updates.

Day by day LP of a game covering the Pacific War from Pearl Harbour onwards? Yeah that's gotta be up there

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Day by day LP of a game covering the Pacific War from Pearl Harbour onwards? Yeah that's gotta be up there

Did he ever finish that?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Which time? He's done it several times successfully, as I recall. Heres the archived one! https://lparchive.org/War-in-the-Pacific/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:eyepop:

I am jealous of that dedication.

Sybot
Nov 8, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

If someone wants to do another Anbennar lp they should, since it seems like my natural anxiety/depression is making me update like once a month at best.

I'm actually considering doing a Dwarven LP. If I do go ahead with that, would it be okay if I copy/paste the pre-amble about the mod from your LP's opening post?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sybot posted:

I'm actually considering doing a Dwarven LP. If I do go ahead with that, would it be okay if I copy/paste the pre-amble about the mod from your LP's opening post?

Please do! I'm trying to get my brain together to continue, but no clue when that will happen lol.

Also I love the Dwarves, they're so fun to play! Just wish their MTs were a little less genocide-happy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Did he ever finish that?

I think he's on his third go?