Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
True love is when you both have the norovirus, need to poo poo 100% of the time but have only one bathroom, and not get into a fight about poo poo time.

I have known true love :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
No. I've been in serious relationships and been engaged, I've been loved, but I don't think I was ever in love.

I have created an impenetrable wall around my heart so I think the only woman I could fall in love with would have to be a powerful warrior or mage or maybe high level computer hacker (the wall might be electronic)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm in laugh

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Waffle House are you depressed?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Not since my mid 30s. Love is bullshit lol.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Going on 14 years now, would recommend.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Going on 14 years now, would recommend.

How wonderful :)
I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are, sounds like you do.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ah yes, love. That feeling you get when your pants get tight and its really uncomfortable to walk and people look at you weird and kinda giggle when they see you. Because they can tell you're in love.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Well it's a type of love :shrug:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart.

A total eclipse of the heart

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't have or want children but almost everyone I've ever met had a terrible (biological) father who was incapable of love, so it's good to see dads who give a poo poo about their kids.

That was post meant a lot more than you think.

wafflestomper96
Jul 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Oh whoops I thought the title was "Have you ever been in Iowa?"

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fell in love in Santo Domingo.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Fell in love in Santo Domingo.

wooden leg and all

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

well op i could either frankly inform you of the ups and downs of my dating life, or i could make a crude joke. this setup seems unfair.

and i love that about you. op, please be my bride.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

well op i could either frankly inform you of the ups and downs of my dating life, or i could make a crude joke. this setup seems unfair.

and i love that about you. op, please be my bride.

make the crude joke

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

how dare you interrupt my proposal

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

how dare you interrupt my proposal

if the op doesn't laugh at you joke you shouldn't marry them anyhow

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

I'm in love with my wife and I love my kids more than life itself but not in a romantic way, but gosh just seeing my son's first smile of the morning when I get woken up by him just makes me melt

Children are the best. One of my favorite things about being a parent is feeling non-romantic love that's so strong, it was hard to imagine before I had felt it. Just seeing those little faces can be enough to lift my mood.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

green chicken feet posted:

Children are the best. One of my favorite things about being a parent is feeling non-romantic love that's so strong, it was hard to imagine before I had felt it. Just seeing those little faces can be enough to lift my mood.

loving nerds who love your kids.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

:same:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

A total eclipse of the heart

Truly, the soundtrack to my second marriage.

This is unironically true, and it's a feeling that's turned up to eleven when you win full custody.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 5, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I like the singers unkempt beard and track suit

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just had my heart broken pretty good. probably the 3rd time where it hurts enough to note. biochemical withdrawal sucks

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

marijuanamancer posted:

i just had my heart broken pretty good. probably the 3rd time where it hurts enough to note. biochemical withdrawal sucks

You're good. After the third time you develop the ability to convincingly mimic the illusion of love, as well as growing nearly impenetrable emotional callouses that negate incoming damage. Biologists refer to this as Bitch Armor.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally, i've been waiting for these skills

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

You're good. After the third time you develop the ability to convincingly mimic the illusion of love, as well as growing nearly impenetrable emotional callouses that negate incoming damage. Biologists refer to this as Bitch Armor.

dude, I love your necronomicon av

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

dude, I love your necronomicon av

this is merely the illusion of love

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

klapman posted:

looks real to me

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
my roommate just went through a break up and has been playing Paramore on repeat for the past three days so I think love is a choice most can do without.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

OMFG FURRY posted:

my roommate just went through a break up and has been playing Paramore on repeat for the past three days so I think love is a choice most can do without.

Your roommate has lovely taste in breakup music lmao what is he loving 15

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

you should prolly punch him in the nose

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you should prolly punch him in the nose

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

i haven't looked, but there must be a webpage that loops the hook from Vengabus. help them move on.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Feel good thread, sort of. Goons show their hearts in between topics of sadistic schadenfreunde.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KL9mRus19o

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
FYI I have a soulmate, we are supportive and attached at the hip, and do everything together. I don’t want kids which means we likely won’t be together. But soulmate is still great.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Goddamn. I really miss working with kids a lot of the time. I dunno about having my own but they're a blast.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Sometimes, part of love is losing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

OMFG FURRY posted:

Sweet Jesus. Get them some Joy Division stat, you monster.

klapman posted:

Jealous.