Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Took long enough.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/06/us/jeffrey-epstein-arrest-sex-trafficking-indictment/index.html

quote:

Florida-based billionaire Jeffrey Epstein has been indicted on new charges related to alleged sex crimes involving minors, law enforcement sources told CNN on Saturday.

Epstein was arrested Saturday and is expected to appear in federal court in New York on Monday.
Epstein faces charges brought by US prosecutors in Manhattan, after previously evading similar charges when he secured a non-prosecution deal with federal prosecutors in Miami. The charges, contained in a sealed indictment, involve alleged sex trafficking crimes committed between 2002 and 2005, according to law enforcement sources. The indictment alleged that the crimes occurred in both New York and Palm Beach, Florida.
A team of federal prosecutors from the Southern District of New York, along with some in the public corruption unit, have been assigned to the case.

A brief reminder that this child rapist was already convicted of raping children, and served thirteen months for child rape, during which he was allowed to come and go from jail as he pleased.

The saddest thing about all this is that the only reason he's been arrested is because of a Miami Herald article about him. We're seeing this a lot these days. R Kelly not being arrested until a documentary comes out. Michael Jackson's legacy not being questioned until a four-part miniseries comes out. Now this.

Will this finally be the time a billionaire has to pay for his actions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Why did he do it

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Is this the guy that one supermodel stuntpilot that ate a donut mid barrel roll groomed victims for?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

He is sexually aroused by 13 year olds

Richter Scabies posted:

Is this the guy that one supermodel stuntpilot that ate a donut mid barrel roll groomed victims for?

I think that's Allison Mack

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
He's buddies with Bill Clinton and Donald Trump so it's good to see bi-partisanship on at least one thing these days.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

'Cuz bustin' makes him feel good.

Bustin' a nut, that is.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Does anyone know what he was arrested for? I mean, I know it's for raping children. But wouldn't this be double jeopardy because he was already convicted of that? Sorry, I do not know your crazy US laws.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Does anyone know what he was arrested for? I mean, I know it's for raping children. But wouldn't this be double jeopardy because he was already convicted of that? Sorry, I do not know your crazy US laws.

SCOTUS just ruled that state charges and federal charges are not double jeopardy. The New York charges are federal, whereas the original Florida charges in 2008 were state.

For those outside the US, a lot of our states still like to pretend they're their own mini-countries within the U.S. Which would be hilarious if you try to imagine Wyoming as it's own stupid country.

Even though this ruling is great for loving over shitheads like Manafort, Epstein, and eventually Trump, I have a feeling it's going to be one of those double-edge sword situations in a few years.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Because he's a piece of poo poo

Duh

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Picnic Princess posted:

Because he's a piece of poo poo

Duh

That's not a very good reason to do that type of thing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
reminder that the only realistic way to effect massive change in the disparity of the US socioeconomic system is wholesale slaughter of the ruling class

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chinatown posted:

reminder that the only realistic way to effect massive change in the disparity of the US socioeconomic system is wholesale slaughter of the ruling class

I thought you were supposed to reload from a previous save.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

LabyaMynora posted:

SCOTUS just ruled that state charges and federal charges are not double jeopardy. The New York charges are federal, whereas the original Florida charges in 2008 were state.

When did SCOTUS decide this? That's awesome. But odd that it took so long.

Also does this mean that he would be walking around free if NY state didn't decide to go after him? What finally got NY to go forward?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i love this post.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I hope this guy goes to jail for life and I hope he names names

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Though why the hell did they put Maurene Comey in charge of the prosecution

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

It could be a different instances of the same crime. I didn't read the article, so I apologize if it lays it out. Double jeopardy only applies to being prosecuted for the same crime twice. Violating the same law two different times is two separate crimes. You can be prosecuted for each of those crimes with no jeopardy involved.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

It could be a different instances of the same crime. I didn't read the article, so I apologize if it lays it out. Double jeopardy only applies to being prosecuted for the same crime twice. Violating the same law two different times is two separate crimes. You can be prosecuted for each of those crimes with no jeopardy involved.

I bet he never stopped committing crimes so he probably has new ones anyway

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
they finally apprehended Florida Man

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

He is sexually aroused by 13 year olds

I’m starting to get the impression that the fact that we have allowed people to become so insanely wealthy and powerful that they can rape children and get away with it makes any sexual arousal from it secondary than they can loving do this absolutely disgusting thing because of their status and that gets them off more than the raping children thing. Like what do they have after their mansion getting so big that they can’t even enjoy abusing the mountains of staff needed to maintain it?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I think that's Allison Mack

I loved that show as a kid!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Three Olives posted:

I’m starting to get the impression that the fact that we have allowed people to become so insanely wealthy and powerful that they can rape children and get away with it makes any sexual arousal from it secondary than they can loving do this absolutely disgusting thing because of their status and that gets them off more than the raping children thing. Like what do they have after their mansion getting so big that they can’t even enjoy abusing the mountains of staff needed to maintain it?

All those wizards without staves now.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

From here:

Mr. Trump, in 2002, told New York Magazine that Mr. Epstein was a “terrific guy.”

“He’s a lot of fun to be with,” he said at the time. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

barf

frh
Dec 6, 2014

In 2008, Epstein was convicted of soliciting an underage girl for prostitution, for which he served 13 months in "custody with work release", which meant he was allowed to spend 16 hours a day outside of prison.[2]

:thumbsup:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spinst posted:

From here:

Mr. Trump, in 2002, told New York Magazine that Mr. Epstein was a “terrific guy.”

“He’s a lot of fun to be with,” he said at the time. “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

barf

And then banned him for life from mara largo when he learned that he had assaulted a 14 year old girl.

Also gave a statement to police upon epsteins first arrest after which the police commented that trump “could not have been more forthcoming”

:trumppop:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Three Olives posted:

lemme get a mcpick two

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jose Oquendo posted:

He's buddies with Bill Clinton and Donald Trump so it's good to see bi-partisanship on at least one thing these days.

yeah its better, epstein got sloppy seconds after trump in the court proceedings of one of the first public cases against epstein. lmao every billionaire is a pedo rapist

quote:

Defendant Trump initiated sexual contact with Plaintiff at four different parties. On the fourth and final sexual encounter with Defendant Trump, Defendant Trump tied Plaintiff to a bed, exposed himself to Plaintiff, and then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff. During the course of this savage sexual attack, Plaintiff loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to stop but with no effect. Defendant Trump responded to Plaintiff’s pleas by violently striking Plaintiff in the face with his open hand and screaming that he would do whatever he wanted. Exhs. A and B. 11.

Immediately following this rape, Defendant Trump threatened Plaintiff that, were she ever to reveal any of the details of the sexual and physical abuse of her by Defendant Trump, Plaintiff and her family would be physically harmed if not killed. Exhs. A and B. 12.

Defendant Epstein had sexual contact with Plaintiff at two of the parties. The second sexual encounter with Defendant Epstein took place after Plaintiff had been raped by Defendant Trump. Defendant Epstein forced himself upon Plaintiff and proceeded to rape her anally and vaginally despite her loud pleas to stop. Defendant Epstein then attempted to strike Plaintiff about the head with his closed fists while he angrily screamed at Plaintiff that he, Defendant Epstein, rather than Defendant Trump, should have been the one who took Plaintiff’s virginity, before Plaintiff finally managed to break away from Defendant Epstein

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

soy posted:

And then banned him for life from mara largo when he learned that he had assaulted a 14 year old girl.

Also gave a statement to police upon epsteins first arrest after which the police commented that trump “could not have been more forthcoming”

Do you have a source for those claims that isn't a mentally ill guy on twitter?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Work release?? What does that even mean for a billionaire, a few minutes a day to move some stocks around?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

soy posted:

your back must hurt what with all the water youre carrying for your betters

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

soy posted:

Alternatively,

https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/status/1147853399808978945?s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's good this guy is getting arrested, OP

I hope all the child rapers get arrested

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

i hope the pedo rapist billionaire gets pwned hard

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I hope they use him to roll up huge chunks of Hollywood and Congress too. Then I hope he dies

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

He also committed the crime of having an outrageously punchable face

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wanna bet this guy just ends up dead in an "accident" before anything happens to his high power cronies?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if that dude was the victim in a murder mystery story they wouldnt bother trying to deduce who killed him. just "what a shame. does dinner have another course?"

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Chinatown posted:

meow we're talking

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

gary oldmans diary posted:

if that dude was the victim in a murder mystery story they wouldnt bother trying to deduce who killed him. just "what a shame. does dinner have another course?"

yeah except no, his killer would likely be one of the vile parasites in his orbit that he could implicate

it would be good if he died though yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That's not a very good reason to do that type of thing.

Why the gently caress do you want a GOOD reason