Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

SOAD_Zelda_Music_of_My_Groin.ogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Neito posted:

SOAD_Zelda_Music_of_My_Groin.ogg

WeRiD_AL_BYOB_RARE.exe

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Wow, that reminds me that there used to be the corpse of a Monty Ward not far from where I live that sat rotting until about fifteen years ago, the anchor to a dirt mall that included an ill Dollar General, a dead K-B Toys, a dying Big Lots, and a vegetative bowling alley. I’d never have guessed Montgomery Ward still existed in 2000 tbh, there were none open around here since the mid ‘90s or maybe even before that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We had one and it was pretty nice. We also had a service merchandise which owned

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My mom loved Montgomery Ward growing up but in my mind I associate them powerfully with the color grey and I'm not sure why

Edit: evidently the name lives on even if it's just an online storefront

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Man, I loved Service Mechandise.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*Johnny Olsen voice*

furnished by Service Merchandise

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Our microwave was a Montgomery Ward, iirc the same model used to kill one of the gremlins in the movie Gremlins

I remembered this after looking up Montgomery Ward and seeing the old logo

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I don't know what the gently caress I've done to my Youtube algorithm but recently it's been recommending me heaps of 17 year old 240p videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A1Nm2kAW6c

props to this guy responding to comments after all this time lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Heath posted:

My mom loved Montgomery Ward growing up but in my mind I associate them powerfully with the color grey and I'm not sure why

Edit: evidently the name lives on even if it's just an online storefront

There's a couple dead Montgomery Wards around LA where you might still be able to tell.

That and Fedco.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nowher posted:

I don't know what the gently caress I've done to my Youtube algorithm but recently it's been recommending me heaps of 17 year old 240p videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A1Nm2kAW6c

props to this guy responding to comments after all this time lol

:lol: That reminds me of Randy Johnson hitting that bird with his pitch, which took place in 2001 so I can post about it here

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
White guy kills a bird playing baseball, people cheer and talk about how cool it was.
Black guy (Dave Winfield) does it and gets charged.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm not sure if it was Randy Johnson, I feel like it happened before 2001 but I remember being at a Jays game when an opposing pitcher took the mound and got relentlessly booed and mi Zia (who took me to Jays games all the time) explained that it was because he killed a bird with a pitch last time he was at the Skydome. I guess it's happened oddly more often than you'd think.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 23:27 on Feb 12, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Human seagull relations used to be a lot better but have soured over the intervening decades

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That's a fowl ball. :dadjoke:

That's not my joke. I forget where I heard it, but it's too good not to share.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I feel like that happened around the same time Fabio was filming a commercial on a rollercoaster and got hit in the face with a bird.

Apparently that was 99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjAYxpXUklc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jeez, no wonder women love fabio

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Yeah, ladies love it if you can kill a goose with a headbutt.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
He got all up in that goosey

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

I feel like that happened around the same time Fabio was filming a commercial on a rollercoaster and got hit in the face with a bird.

Apparently that was 99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjAYxpXUklc

I remember he was on Conan (not Barbarian, the unfunny one) and joked that it wasn't a bird it was a beaver. It was not a funny joke so it fit right in the show.

e: Did I hallucinate or did Fabio play the pope in a Sharknado movie?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GB Luxury Hamper
Nov 27, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wasn't Take That the successful one anyway?

Definitely

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Needs some skulls and a bunch of forklift related poo poo on it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dragon Ball ones of these are coming back in style after Toriyama's passing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the Silken Goku shall rise once more.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

I'm glad to know the spirit of the 2000's lives on with Guy Fieri. The man never gave up on the aesthetic and we should all be grateful to him.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Guy Fieri in "The Bam Bam Bigelow Story."

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

My first dirtbag boyfriend had a blue one of these that he wore everywhere

I thought he looked so good :cripes:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

My first dirtbag boyfriend had a blue one of these that he wore everywhere

I thought he looked so good :cripes:

Flame beanie and fast shades was peak masculinity.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ebay had a Manga?!?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Actually I think you'll find that that says "eBay MAGA", meaning that eBay should be canceled and destroyed.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Found this gem while thrifting today. My bus driver played mambo no. 5 over-and-over-and-over every single day back in 2000. This and All Star probably most acutely define the early 00's even thought I think they were both released in 99.

My elementary school bus driver played ice ice baby every single day so that's like my 90's nostalgia kick.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Your school bus drivers played music?

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Inspector 34 posted:

Your school bus drivers played music?

Yes. My elementary school bus driver was named Zeke and he was cool as hell and played Ice Ice Baby non-stop. He loved Vanilla Ice. I guess as a bus driver you just have to play PG tracks over and over so as not to get fired.

Saw this beauty there too:

quote:

O-Town (also known as OTWN or OTOWN) is an American boy band formed from the first season of the reality television series Making the Band in 2000.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
I never watched making the band but I'm sure it was good.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Does O-Town stand for what one imagines that stands for?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They started in Orlando, correct.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

More like Oldpainless Town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster