Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marvez is really fuckin' bad and so far out of his depth - if he's someone's son or something he needs to be sent to another department of production where his creepy rear end isn't actively ruining the commentary with gems like "Look at the size of Kong's hands"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I thought the set looked amazing and wanted that venue to be like AEW home base it looked so good - so if he wants to dream about more poo poo from south park and it keeps turning out awesome then go for it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

One thing that scared me last night was I noticed this on all four ring posts, between the top and middle turnbuckles. Someone could've have been seriously hosed up:

Yeah thats weird. Didnt someone do a post spot that would have hit that?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DM Punk posted:

I get real York Foundation vibes from those two.

Well when you put it like that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brandi should just have Kong wrestle all her battles 100% of the time

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

A few pages back but that clip of orange cassidy getting a hot tag, getting hit then immediately tagging back out is one of the best wrestling related things I've ever seen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Benne posted:

New Road To video is up and they have TONY SCHIAVONE IN THE CONTROL CENTER :neckbeard:

Hell yes

One step closer to becoming a good version of WCW

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Give Hangman old town road

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah having to call WCW at the end must have been rough being that it was garbage on all levels

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cams posted:

tbh aew's in-ring stuff has been mediocre across the board, to the point that it has me discouraged about the product overall.

This is bait

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As much as we endlessly point out how lovely WWE is in the WWE thread it would be unfair to get upset about people being unhappy with AEW in the AEW thread even if it is comparing apples to oranges in quality

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine booking CM Punk for an interview after he sued his life long best friend into oblivion for one

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 18, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol I mean might as well make a few bucks on the terrible boing incident

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Kenny been doing that catch phrase his entire career or is that a recent thing

I mean without the boing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's fun and people respond to it but forcing the last part that night instead of just saying good bye and good night was a weird choice

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TTBF posted:

The boing was in place of a BAM that he'd shout while mimicking killing someone with a gun. It was a gun violence charity show.

Yeah, I got that - but why not just skip the bang part altogether and walk away after the first two lines and a bow or the smooch or something

It's like he absolutely had to finish the catch phrase so badly he had to substitute the final word and why bother lol

Then again now we're thinking about it way more than he probably did and I was just curious is all

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 19, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gimme a title that can only be defended on the night of a full moon.

Another belt they'd never let Ember Moon win

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I never know where I am anymore

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I really like that WWE didn't see a headliner in Moxley so he decided to be the main event star of every other promotion on earth instead

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The_Rob posted:

That’s always the funniest part about WWE. They over complicate literally every aspect of wrestling when at the end of the day all you need is a quick basic set up.

With roughly 600 writers filtered through one old man always on the verge of a mental apocalypse this will happen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Who gives a gently caress about that sincerely

Yeah there's a huge difference when they are both two of the biggest stars in the world and one is currently main eventing for every promotion that has existed and are both still relevant

Some on the internet like to act like it's Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder facing each other or something

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

brian posted:

why do people post things with the format "this thread: wrestling is LAME, also this thread: wrestling is DOPE"???

Welcome to wrestlehut

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just checked and lol Chris Jericho has wrestled 9 matches in the last two years

The dude genuinely may not be able to physically handle being the main attraction of a new promotion

The great thing about Jericho is that he can be there every week and be entertaining without having a match. Then when he has a match it can feel like a big deal.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah but a champ who literally doesn't wrestle isn't a draw

How long can AEW sell tickets with "See our champ I dunno maybe cut a promo" for months at a time

The current WWE champion is their biggest draw and wrestles like four times a year - it will be fine

Also television hasn't even started yet and we don't know that Jericho will be champion or that he will not wrestle regularly. We know nothing about how the weekly show will play out but continue to think the sky is fallin'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would agree with you if it was a company with a house show circuit but if the TV show is the only wrestling they do all week I feel like its not a bad idea

WWE house shows are drawing like high school gym levels of attendance right now but you know that already with your head in the sand

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not sure what that has to do with what I said

I said if you do house shows, its dumb to make your champ wrestle all the time, but if you don't, your champ will stay healthy doing one match a week so why not.

You don't want your champ wrestling all the time regardless is the point

poo poo isn't special if you get it all the time and it doesn't matter if there's a house show circuit, weekly tv, podcasts, streaming shows, ham radio shows on a network or a fuckin' telegram being sent about it constantly

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

what does that have to do with WWE having low house show attendance

Ah, I see - you just want to argue in circles then

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No I mean I genuinely didn't get what your point had to do with what I said

You're made of spare parts, aren't ya bud

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Who in AEW has the phattest vape rig? Which one rips the chunkiest cotton?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

RIP pisscast

vapecast when

Asking the important questions

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine somehow thinking the SNES didn't rule

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Please let him take over for that Marvez goof and never put that guy on commentary again

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Must be the same type of person that gets upset when they see movie credits because the real actor's name isn't their favorite characters name

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

But maybe don't sub until Thursday, because Japan bills you for the current month but bills again on the 1st no matter when you started.

How is that legal lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Though there's always the comedy option

The real Kenny Powers

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

Any idea which vendor is doing tickets for tomorrow’s on sale? Is it going to be an AXS random waiting room or Ticketmaster chaos or Sears Centre style massacre

Probably stubhub or whatever other scalper gets there first

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I had no idea Nyla was trans and didn't give a poo poo because I was a fan of hers from the first match of hers I saw and it didn't matter

Get on the Nyla hype train because she's only going to get better with more matches and experience

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Orange Cassidy heck yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like his gimmick would seriously have diminishing returns for me. Like it's hysterical in doses but if it's the same exact story being told over and over I feel like I'd get bored.

I mean you have to see how funny this is being that you watch and defend WWE television weekly, right? They beat storylines into the ground and more or less put on the same show with the same wrestlers facing each other in the same matches for months at a time.

I'm not trying to poke at you or being sarcastic when I say you'd be the last person I'd expect to get bored with anything.