Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If the Page push fails, copy the Naito thing but instead of sending him to Mexico to join Los Ingobernables, send him to Shanghai to join #STRONGHEARTS. They've turned T-Hawk from a bland guy in Dragon Gate to a cool and good champion in Wrestle-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1150263102560178176?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Generico posted:

aew has never had a comedy match as bad as yano/naito was

What the gently caress

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Watching South Park.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

WWE has so many talented people that I could probably put together a list of 20 people I could argue are better than Seth but other than that lol.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

That's why I specified main roster, because if you count NXT and 205 and UK then it's probably a legitimate argument

Yeah main roster might be harder but I know they randomly promoted a load of people recently so I can't say for sure

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rekka isn't really OWE talent. He came up through New Taiean Wrestling and then DDT. I think he's there to be a slightly more experienced hand (not that he's a veteran or anything)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1150998749465833472?s=19

Presumably this gets defended in AEW a bit.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

big black turnout posted:

Does TJPW have wrestlers working a lot of other promotions or is it pretty limited?

They are extremely isolationist as far as working with other feds in Japan goes, even more so than Stardom. They've brought in a few big names like Aja Kong and Meiko Satomura but they never send their wrestlers to other Japanese companies. Outside Japan they've worked with Chikara, EVOLVE, Frontline (Ospreay's company) and obviously AEW.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I will always stand by the take that Hellion/Electric Eye is the better Aja Kong entrance theme.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Kenny is only handing the talent relations with joshi companies and I haven't seen any complaints from that angle. Though I'm waiting to see if anything crops up with All Out with Aja Kong because she's still advertised to wrestle Reika Saiki in Wrestle-1 on September 1st. Also TJPW are doing their first really big show in Osaka on that day but I don't think anything is announced beyond Shoko vs. Mizuki.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah you're probably right - i got my math wrong and no way is that dude 14.

I'm sure it's not out of the realm of possibility that MJF owns a time machine though.

I heard one of his demands in contract negotiations was that MJF should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Riho signed with Stardom. I assume she still does AEW but I guess on the same regularity as Bea.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is Croyt's Wrath a reference to the video of the kid having a meltdown playing Halo?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I like Riho though of the women in this tiny division, she and Yuka def need more experience. I'd be surprised if they don't pick up a handful more women signings by October.

She's probably among the most experienced women on the roster

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

at 22 that is insane, I figured Hikaru and Allie were the ones that were considered in that position

Despite being almost ten years younger, she's been wrestling for two years longer than Shida. She's been wrestling for almost exactly the same amount of time as Tetsuya Naito (they debuted two days apart)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wrt Aja Kong possibly appearing at All Out, she's still being advertised for Wrestle-1's big Yokohama show against Reika Saiki on September 1st so either she's not appearing or AEW are really leaving it to the last minute to offer it to her and are gonna gently caress over Keiji Mutoh.

CIMA isn't on the card when the rest of Strong Hearts are so he's probably at All Out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Why wouldn’t you just see Just Mercy instead, from the director of Short Term 12 and starring Michael B. Jordan and Brie Larson

I mean, compared to seeing anything Tom Hooper ever makes, especially a musical, that seems like a sure bet

Cats is going to the greatest movie of all time and AEW should cross promote with them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder if/when they do a show in Japan. Sumo Hall should easily be doable given WWE House shows do about 6k there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My opinion on Nyla Rose is AEW should let her do another tour of Marvelous because Chigusa Nagayo is the best trainer in the world and she looked good last time she was there and I'll be able to see her wrestle live.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

fwiw Shoko Nakajima, Yuka Sakazaki and Aja Kong all have announced matches on September 1st so I wouldn't expect any of them at All Out, especially Shoko who has a title match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Conversely, you haven't said anything about Miyu or Maki....unless they are in matches with Shoko, Yuka or Aja.

Maki Itoh is wrestling Su Yung and Miyu is wrestling against the team of Gisele Shaw & Yuki Kamifuku for some reason

brian posted:

she's in TJPW which is the one the majority of the others are from and is in the same position as far as i'm aware

edit: her and miyu will have an easier time getting visas as they were at the DDT coming to america show at wrestlemania weekend

She's technically a freelancer and is booked through her Idol agency

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Apparently Kenny and Michael Nakazawa were at Stardom today. I didn't see them but I did see Will Ospreay.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenny is wrestling for New Taiwan Wrestling in September

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's pretty obvious why she's the first signing Kenny pushed for

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1159991850456903682?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Here's some good Yano. He's trying to be really sneaky ... unfortunately NOBODY out-sneakys Tajiri

https://twitter.com/TajiriBuzzsaw/status/1161792227049267200?s=20

Why is that gif in response to a my little pony tweet?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Despite wrestling in matches with and against each other for the past ten years, this is actually their first one on one match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Here's a question to spark discussion! Who do you think should be their first world champion, female world champion, tag team champion?

Jericho, Shida, Bucks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

Is it weird that I really don't want the Bucks to be the first champs? I'd be fine with pretty much any of the other guys, but the Bucks being the first champs will just make me really nervous about how the tag division is gonna be booked.

No, that's reasonable. I just think they're the most popular act in the division and I don't want a situation where they're really cagey about putting the belts on any of the EVPs.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If AEW get Maki Itoh vs. Su Yung cancelled then I'm subscribing to the WWE Network.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

To be fair with this years G1 you can slap a rocket to Lance Archer and be in the same boat.

Hey that's not fair. Lance Archer's G1 this year was way more memorable than Hangman Page's last year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I would like to see Miyu have a run in AEW but because there can't be any streamers for her entrance, I'd like to see Sarreee instead.

Anything would be better than Sareee ending up in the clutches of HHH and never watching her again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Shida vs. Sakura when?

Next month, she said that in the tweet!!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shida is the best choice they have for women's champion imo but I'm honestly not too familiar with the Americans. They should just run back the OZ Academy title match between Shida and Kong because that poo poo ruled.

Also I wonder if Syuri Kondo getting back into wrestling after leaving to concentrate on the UFC just as her good friend gets a big money AEW contract is related.

Djarum posted:

I have zero idea why anyone from Japan would want to goto WWE. The track record speaks for itself. Same with anyone from Mexico.

Ikemen being so dead set on going to WWE makes me sad. Tajiri is advising him so I guess Tajiri enjoyed his time there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ikemen stood on me during his entrance at JUST TAP OUT and I've never felt so honoured. His best ever was against Super Sasadango Machine at Sumo Hall last year. Dango laid a bunch of bear traps and he just flipped his way over all of them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Is there any woman's match scheduled for Pittsburgh? You figure Pittsburgh with incoming reigning champ Britt or having Britt challenge, would help to sell tickets...I don't know what I was arguing by writing that but Britt is probably going to be in the title picture early on, somehow. Who is more fluent in English between Riho and Shida? I think the better speaker may be able to guide Britt to a good match which would determine who's in the title match opposite Britt.

Shida speaks English.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

I wonder if Miyu can travel to the US? She’d be a great addition to AEW. She’s got this badass Rousey vibe but more legit.

She did the DDT New York show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

midcard title should be some kind of fun poo poo that gets mainly defended in fatal fourways or something. they're still a ways away from adding a 4th belt, at least until the roster gets bigger, but I do want people like Janela to regularly do cool poo poo in singles competition if they ain't in the world title picture/aren't really a tag team person

Since Progress already ripped it off, they should steal the idea for the DDT Extreme title where the champion gets to decide the stipulation. It gave us the match of the year between Asuka and Akito so clearly it's a good title. Besides AEW are affiliated with DDT so it's nowhere near as galling as a WWE collaborater stealing from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtuniverse/status/1165805414140637184?s=19