Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

rovert posted:

As I said last night they filmed stuff addressing it

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1165353235135246336

I liked this. Reminded me a bit of the UFC's behind the scenes videos. I think the Mox feud is gonna do good things for Kenny in the long run. He needs to bring out a more serious side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The Cameo posted:

I'm not sure someone who's been in the business for eleven years can be called "green".

People were saying this about Riho too like she hasn't been wrestling since 2006, it's really weird

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They started the year I became aware of them, duh.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Draxion posted:

People were saying this about Riho too like she hasn't been wrestling since 2006, it's really weird

I'd say the Joshi are better than 90% of the women in the West. Maybe even higher.

I have no idea why Maki Itoh isn't on their radar. She is a mega star in the US waiting to happen.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Djarum posted:

I'd say the Joshi are better than 90% of the women in the West. Maybe even higher.

I have no idea why Maki Itoh isn't on their radar. She is a mega star in the US waiting to happen.

She could be in the womens battle royale as a surprise or they might want to see how she keeps improving in the ring.

It would be a mistake not to atleast be considering her because she is so charismatic it is incredible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PAC vs Omega is such a step up from Moxley vs Omega. It's not even that Moxley is bad, he's not, his G1 was solid fun. But PAC has been out there putting together a run this that's the absolute tops. Almost every time he's been in a big singles match he has hit it out of the water. Ospreay, Kzy, Skywalker, Dragon Kid, Ben-K, Cara Noir. The only one that felt a little underwhelming was the Hangman Page match thrown together on an English indy when he couldn't get into the US in May.

Djarum posted:

It's company with Kenny Omega in a position of authority & Michael Nakazawa in an office position, they absolutely have an eye on Itoh. But maybe she's not into living in the US. Maybe Kenny is going to throw all the money at Sareee instead (please do this Kenny. Save her from herself and Vince).

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Due to timezones TJPW's September 1st show in Osaka is happening at the same time as All Out. Maki Itoh will be facing Su Yung, Shoko is defending against Mizuki, and Yuka is in a big faction six-man teaming with her former bandmates Rika and Antonio Honda. Card subject to change and all, but I don't think they'll pull anyone from a big show where they're trying to expand outside Tokyo.

TJPW is crowning their International champion tonight, and I look forward to that getting defended in AEW at some point. If Natsumi wins it, fighting over the title would be a good evolution of her rivalry with Itoh.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
edit: nm was about tshirts but I figured it out.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 24, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Moxley is a great character but PAC/Omega excites me way more.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

forkboy84 posted:

It's company with Kenny Omega in a position of authority & Michael Nakazawa in an office position, they absolutely have an eye on Itoh. But maybe she's not into living in the US. Maybe Kenny is going to throw all the money at Sareee instead (please do this Kenny. Save her from herself and Vince).

I have zero idea why anyone from Japan would want to goto WWE. The track record speaks for itself. Same with anyone from Mexico.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would want to goto WWE. Or, well, I want Goto to give WWE a GTR.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

yea I agree. mox/omega had a decent storyline build to get excited about but pac/omega seems like it'll be a way better match technically.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If there are no more mysterious "visa issues"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PCO might have some competition for the "he's not human" gimmick

https://twitter.com/wyldweasil/status/1165396408058466304

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shida is the best choice they have for women's champion imo but I'm honestly not too familiar with the Americans. They should just run back the OZ Academy title match between Shida and Kong because that poo poo ruled.

Also I wonder if Syuri Kondo getting back into wrestling after leaving to concentrate on the UFC just as her good friend gets a big money AEW contract is related.

Djarum posted:

I have zero idea why anyone from Japan would want to goto WWE. The track record speaks for itself. Same with anyone from Mexico.

Ikemen being so dead set on going to WWE makes me sad. Tajiri is advising him so I guess Tajiri enjoyed his time there.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

big poppa pump is your hookup for super serum

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Ikemen being so dead set on going to WWE makes me sad. Tajiri is advising him so I guess Tajiri enjoyed his time there.

"Listen the Gaijin are dumb. They will give you millions of dollars to feed you free food."

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Djarum posted:

"Listen the Gaijin are dumb. They will give you millions of dollars to feed you free food."

Just stiff people until everyone refuses to work with you and it's a 5 year paid vacation to Florida

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

PCO might have some competition for the "he's not human" gimmick

https://twitter.com/wyldweasil/status/1165396408058466304

AEW needs Scott Steiner as heavyweight champion

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Byolante posted:

Just stiff people until everyone refuses to work with you and it's a 5 year paid vacation to Florida

"Pretend you don't know English. They will not use you and you can leave early if you want."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not a fan of pac to replace moxley. he is green, in wrestling.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rarity posted:

same, PAC has transformed himself into an Omega-level ring talent, dude is insanely good and I loved his DG match against Ben-K. Also that match with Hangman was really good too with Page getting to show some insane poo poo off. The stuff he did with PAC he never got to show off in his 2 matches but one was a 4-way so I can forgive that, and FftF was outdoors in like 100% humidity so I imagine that hosed with a lot of talent. At least that's the story I tell myself because Page was very good in his PAC match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

PAC was a better Brock Lesnar in the past year than Brock Lesnar.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Cavauro posted:

not a fan of pac to replace moxley. he is green, in wrestling.

body paint pac green and then also rename him green gene. the promos write themselves

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

DLC Inc posted:

same, PAC has transformed himself into an Omega-level ring talent, dude is insanely good and I loved his DG match against Ben-K. Also that match with Hangman was really good too with Page getting to show some insane poo poo off. The stuff he did with PAC he never got to show off in his 2 matches but one was a 4-way so I can forgive that, and FftF was outdoors in like 100% humidity so I imagine that hosed with a lot of talent. At least that's the story I tell myself because Page was very good in his PAC match.

Hangman is great. His match against Cobb at Final Battle was one of the best matches I have seen live. He is crazy athletic and deceptively strong. I really wish the PAC match would have happened at DoN as it would have been a great showcase for him and silenced a lot of the doubt about him.

My fear is that the Jericho match isn't going to do much for him as Jericho works a big bruiser match anymore. I am sure it will be fine but once TV starts I think you'll see Hangman start to show off what he can do and those who didn't watch him in RoH or New Japan will get on board.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

I think you have to go with Britt and Jericho as first champs. It’s not as sexy work wise as the other options, but for media and promotion it’s the way to go. Sorry Kenny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one knows britt baker more than anyone else. champions for media? those are champions for youdia.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Whos starting the official AEW gooncast?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Shida is the best choice they have for women's champion imo but I'm honestly not too familiar with the Americans. They should just run back the OZ Academy title match between Shida and Kong because that poo poo ruled.

Also I wonder if Syuri Kondo getting back into wrestling after leaving to concentrate on the UFC just as her good friend gets a big money AEW contract is related.

Ikemen would have be the PERFECT guy to be in the Tye Dillinger/Tyler Breeze type role of opening up NXT cards. He's a good to great wrestler, naturally charismatic, has a distinct look and if they'd have let him keep his entrance (Even without changed music) he'd have been so much fun. If you've never seen him, he's a Japanese pretty-boy that wears really colorful jackets and for his entrance, he'll stall getting into the ring for the full four minutes, teases getting into the ring, but rolls out immediately, high fives some fans, teases getting into the ring and summersaults through the ring to escape the other side and say hello to more fans, all to this theme

Unfortunately for Ikemen he's got so many things working against him just because of how bad the WWE is right now.

I also agree that Shida is probably the best they've got for signed talent right now. She's young, attractive, she stands out and she wrestles pretty well. Britt Baker might be known through the US indie scene but I don't think she's nearly as good and has already recently had a concussion, and those always lead to more concussions. Plus if they want some contrasts to WWE, you might catch a couple casual fans who liked Kairi or Asuka interested in Shida and it'll be nice seeing an international star as a major champion

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Encountering his entrance for the first time when he had the hardcore match against MAO was a treat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ikemen stood on me during his entrance at JUST TAP OUT and I've never felt so honoured. His best ever was against Super Sasadango Machine at Sumo Hall last year. Dango laid a bunch of bear traps and he just flipped his way over all of them.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

edit: nvm

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

This time next week I'll be watching ALL OUT live... :woop:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Whos starting the official AEW gooncast?

check the op!!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there any woman's match scheduled for Pittsburgh? You figure Pittsburgh with incoming reigning champ Britt or having Britt challenge, would help to sell tickets...I don't know what I was arguing by writing that but Britt is probably going to be in the title picture early on, somehow. Who is more fluent in English between Riho and Shida? I think the better speaker may be able to guide Britt to a good match which would determine who's in the title match opposite Britt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they have not announced matches that far out but britt is on the poster and yes there will be women's matches on every show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

As I said last night they filmed stuff addressing it

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1165353235135246336

Even knowing the match had been canceled (and being really excited for PAC vs. Omega) I found myself getting super-pumped up for Moxley/Omega anyway while watching this :sweatdrop:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pinwiz11 posted:

This time next week I'll be watching ALL OUT live... :woop:
NOOOOO! I just realized I'll be camping!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

LividLiquid posted:

NOOOOO! I just realized I'll be camping!

:( :hf: :(

I'll miss the first couple hours stuck at work. Thinking I should probably just wait till it's over and catch a replay rather than start the show half way through. 4pm PST start time is rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Is there any woman's match scheduled for Pittsburgh? You figure Pittsburgh with incoming reigning champ Britt or having Britt challenge, would help to sell tickets...I don't know what I was arguing by writing that but Britt is probably going to be in the title picture early on, somehow. Who is more fluent in English between Riho and Shida? I think the better speaker may be able to guide Britt to a good match which would determine who's in the title match opposite Britt.

Shida speaks English.