Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hi everyone, it's Sunday July 14 2019. You know what that means. It is time for the biggest and best and hottest and freest wrestling event of the weekend, DDT Peter Pan

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1150264141606600705

1AM Eastern tonight
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1150328506674364416

Preshow:
Kota Umeda vs Keigo Nakamura in an exhibition match presented by Hotel Saint Inn Kurashiki
Rika Tatsumi, Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino vs Natsumi Maki, Yuna Manase and Himawari Unagi in a Tokyo Joshi Pro preshow match presented by Partner Kaikei Services

Main card:
Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Iino and Mizuki Watase vs Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura and Nobuhiro Shimatani
Kazusada Higuchi and Ryota Nakatsu vs Kota Umeda and Kouki Iwasaki in a DNA First Life Alumni match
Saki Akai vs Yoshiko in Super Joshi Pro Wars 2019
Akito defends the Extreme title against ASUKA in an IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube deathmatch
Toru Owashi defends the Iron Man Heavymetalweight title in a battle royal featuring Kurochan, Shiro Koshinaka, Furitsuke Kamen, Joey Ryan, Yukio Sakaguchi, Makoto Oishi, Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata, Mad Paulie, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Gorgeous Matsuno, Hiroshi Yamato, Pokotan and Yuki Kamifuku
Hideki Suzuki vs Yukio Naya in a Human Windmill 2nd Gen vs Taiho 3rd Gen match
Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanishi vs MAO and Mike Bailey
Sanshiro Takagi vs Super Sasadango Machine in a Weapons Rumble for the O-40 title
Shinya Aoki vs Danshoku Dieno in a Dramatic Dream match
Daisuke Sasaki and Soma Takao defend the KO-D tag titles against HARASHIMA and Yasu Urano in a match presented by Souken Holdings
Tetsuya Endo defends the KO-D Openweight title against Konosuke Takeshita in a match presented by BLACK OUT

More-detailed well-written and easy-to-follow English preview of each match for newcomers can be found here https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2019/07/13/ddt-wrestle-peter-pan-2019-preview/

If you've been wanting to give DDT a try but haven't had the time or a clue where to start: start here! Watch this!
If you're been wanting to give DDT a try but budget's been an issue: watch this!
If you want to watch non-WWE wrestling and were left unsatisfied with the also-free AEW show: watch this!
If you want to watch non-WWE wrestling but can't wait for G1 Night 4: watch this! Also it's scheduled to end right before G1 starts, so that's convenient and costs you nothing if you're going to be awake for both anyway!

Dramatic Dream Team presents Wrestle Peter Pan! Watch live for free on DDT Universe starting at 1AM Eastern tonight!!!!!!!!

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm gonna need a break at some point but I've always wanted to check out more DDT stuff and this looks perfectly placed.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

let's go Yoshiko

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was making a thread and it took me longer to make mine, RIP.

Sticky Nate posted:

let's go Yoshiko
I'll never forgive her for ending rum pirate ACT Yasukawa's career

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I hope Endo retains. Every defense he's had so far has been great and I want to see him keep doing it. Vs. Oishi is one of my favorite matches of the year.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sticky Nate posted:

let's go Yoshiko

let's go Pokotan

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pinwiz11 posted:

let's go Pokotan
Pokotan unmasked tho

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Has Shinya Aoki done pro wrestling stuff before? I was unaware he did anything with DDT

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fentry posted:

Has Shinya Aoki done pro wrestling stuff before? I was unaware he did anything with DDT
He hasn't done much, but it's also not the first time Danshoku Dino's wrestled an MMA guy either

e: lmao he was part of the Inoki Genome Federation

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I've liked his matches that I've seen. He has a real weird physical charisma imo, and it was neat to see HARASHIMA and Takeshita switching it up and doing the worked MMA style against him. I going to go out on a limb and assume Dino's match is going to be very different from those.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

I've liked his matches that I've seen. He has a real weird physical charisma imo, and it was neat to see HARASHIMA and Takeshita switching it up and doing the worked MMA style against him. I going to go out on a limb and assume Dino's match is going to be very different from those.
Believe it or not, Dino used to be a shoot fighter

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i have seen clips of their most famous stuff and that empty arena match where aja sings the national anthem i am going to try and most likely fail at staying up all night watching this and then also the g1

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

there's some matches that interest me and i had a blast at the nyc show in april but the timing sucks given that there's no way i''d be able to stay up for both this and the g1. flip side of kobe world finally falling on an off day i suppose. wonder when was the last time that venue was booked for wrestling on three consecutive nights?

Fentry posted:

he's been a semi regular on bigger shows this past year and was in their g1 style tournament. kinda dug what little of him i've seen

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

About to head to the venue. Not only is it free to watch online but they gave away free tickets too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

About to head to the venue. Not only is it free to watch online but they gave away free tickets too.

was it tough to get tickets given that you just had to pay a 350 yen processing fee and it's a much smaller venue than what they usually run for this?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

No I think there's actually still tickets available. I think the DDT brand has kind of cooled a little? Judgement did a lot more poorly than usual even with the mitigating factor of running Sumo Hall with Musclemania the day before and their Korakuen shows aren't drawing as well as AJPW or NOAH. Outside Tokyo DDT is getting outdrawn by TJPW too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Saddened to report Chris Brookes has been twitter suspended

He said he'd kill Shunma and Shunma immediately snitched him out lol
https://twitter.com/k_shunma_ddt/status/1150274518352453632
lmao better twitter build than the WWE

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is the stream up yet? I'm not getting anything when I click on the link in the OP

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I’ve been pre-gaming this with the ALL OUT x Sendai Girls show. Good stuff, and I’m excited for tonight.

Benne posted:

Is the stream up yet? I'm not getting anything when I click on the link in the OP

Apparently the OP is off a bit with the time; pre-show is supposed to start at 1 AM Eastern from what I found.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sticky Nate posted:

let's go Yoshiko

wait wait wait why in the actual gently caress is she here, thats loving sickening

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress I'm sorry :smith: one of the first tweets I saw about this on wrestletwitter said preshow was soon after Extreme Rules was set to end

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

same

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pre-show starts in half an hour, so it does start soon after Extreme Rules :v:

Probably a mixup with time zones + DST

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

wait wait wait why in the actual gently caress is she here, thats loving isckening

Stardom and Kyohei Wada are more to blame for what happened than a 21 year old kid who didn't even start the fight. Everyone here is comfortable booking her and wrestling her.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Stardom and Kyohei Wada are more to blame for what happened than a 21 year old kid who didn't even start the fight. Everyone here is comfortable booking her and wrestling her.

explain

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lid posted:

explain
Referee should have stopped the match for being a shoot, I think he'd kept looking at Rossy for affirmation or something but it just went on until Kyoko Kimura said gently caress it and threw in the towel for her since the legitimate officials and staff were doing nothing to stop it. If Kimura hadn't done anything who fuckin knows how long it would have went on, because the fight had been broken up a couple times and you could see how badly Act's face was messed up after the first minute (It went on for another five minutes or so)

And its still Yoshiko's fault for not being a professional, it doesn't really matter if Act was still trying to fight back and throw potatoes when she was outweighed by a hundred pounds and very obviously already had a broken nose at minimum.

A loving wrestler had to SHOOT THROW IN THE TOWEL TO STOP THIS

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Nothing in that makes it not Yoshiko's fault that she permanently injured another woman on purpose. So yeah gently caress anyone who books her. Shes scum.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

explain

There was heat between them, Stardom still booked them against each other. Act hit her and they fought. Yoshiko pinned her down and then backed off into the corner. Wada checked on Act who was visibly hosed up at this point and for some reason let the match continue and they fought again until Kyoko Kimura and Kris Wolf pulled Act out of there and told him to call off the match.

She gets booked everywhere and even Kyoko posts smiling selfies together with her. It's only really western fans who get up in arms about her.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lid posted:

Nothing in that makes it not Yoshiko's fault that she permanently injured another woman on purpose. So yeah gently caress anyone who books her. Shes scum.
Yoshiko is/was a piece of poo poo but she's apparently not Low-Ki or Austin Aries levels of throwing tantrums since nothing else's happened since but I still don't like her at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Yoshiko is/was a piece of poo poo but she's apparently not Low-Ki or Austin Aries levels of throwing tantrums

So not Sexy Star bad?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

You make it sound like some calculated decision and not a 21-year-old in a lovely work environment getting into a fight in a heated moment. It was hosed up but demanding she never be allowed to work again for a fight she got into four years ago is extreme.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why is the show called Peter Pan and will there be english commentary?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

You make it sound like some calculated decision and not a 21-year-old in a lovely work environment getting into a fight in a heated moment. It was hosed up but demanding she never be allowed to work again for a fight she got into four years ago is extreme.

Oh no how dare we westerners not go to bat for someone who retired someone by beating her so badly she couldnt continue her career no truly we should forgive.

Chris James 2 posted:

So not Sexy Star bad?

Truly we should forgive Sexy Star for Rosemary too because it was the heat of the moment.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

So not Sexy Star bad?
Sexy Star didn't even have a reason to try and break Rosemary's arm, at least Low-Ki and Aries will huff and puff before they get started :v:

I think Sexy Star's legitimate apology was "We agreed that would be the finish and I've done that move hundreds of times without injuring anyone!"

Sexy Star was unprovoked and definitely old enough to know better

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lid posted:

Oh no how dare we westerners not go to bat for someone who retired someone by beating her so badly she couldnt continue her career no truly we should forgive

Act didn't retire because of that match and her legitimate close friend Kyoko Kimura is cool with Yoshiko but apparently some guys who read a Whatculture article know better.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Why is the show called Peter Pan and will there be english commentary?
I've been watching probably long enough to know but I legitimately gave up on trying to make sense of half the things on DDT. I'm sure it's been explained or I'm missing something basic :shrug:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's because Sanshiro Takagi identifies with Peter Pan as a boy who never wants to grow up.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's past start time right? Is the pre-show not on their site or is there something I'm missing about getting live events to play on the website?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It starts in 9 minutes. DDT really puts its wrestlers to work even when they aren't wrestling. Pom Harajuku is walking around with one of those beer backpacks selling to the crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TTBF posted:

It's past start time right? Is the pre-show not on their site or is there something I'm missing about getting live events to play on the website?
Start date got lost in translation, pre-show's in about 5 minutes

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It starts in 9 minutes. DDT really puts its wrestlers to work even when they aren't wrestling. Pom Harajuku is walking around with one of those beer backpacks selling to the crowd.
Does DDT still own that restaurant that a lot of the early guys legitimately worked at when they weren't wrestling?