Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

justin bieber is p cool now i feel like. i don’t seek out his music but he seems more tolerable as a human being. news is that he’s a fan of the band tool, and this is a big deal because maynard is butthurt about it. so butthurt that he tweeted #bummer

bieber’s wife called out maynard on it which must be huge for the people involved: https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.avclub.com/justin-biebers-wife-hailey-calls-tools-maynard-james-1836421337/amp

thing is, do people even listen to tool anymore and why am i hearing about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

maynard: everything.. looks so different now

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Maynard James Keenan is, and has always been, a pretentious, self-important whiner.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The fact that Maynard is on twitter is pathetic, more-so that he feels the need to take Justin Bieber down a peg. Looking forward to listening to the new Tool album once though!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Everyone on twitter is stuck in their own rear end

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Weird, a middle aged Gen X musician turns out to be a cranky rear end in a top hat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Icochet posted:

Everyone on twitter is stuck in their own rear end

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Maynard is almost 60 years old and looks goofy and awkward when he dresses like a 15 year old punk rock middle schooler

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I've heard rumors he's a sex pest from folks who work on putting up and tearing down sets.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

maynard james keenan visibly upset by imagining justin bieber spazzing out and repeating 'i know the pieces fit'

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
It's almost like he chose the name "Tool" with self-awareness.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
lol maynard cries when he gets a boner.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

look bro maynard james keenan, from tool, is a big loving deal. he's always had that 'gently caress you' attitude and honestly if you'd just sit down and listen to their song titled 'hooker with a penis' maybe you'd understand what tool is all about

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Maynard's sour soul patch kids

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I bet this Tool guy doesn't even have slaves to carry him around.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

How Tool claims to sound:

How Tool actually sounds:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hes seems stuck in the worst part of the 90's. Hes got a dumb fake attitude and hes dressing like an idiot for some reason. Like WTF was that Perfect Circle nonsense? Fancy dress like Coalchamber or Manson in the 90's but somehow worse.

Theres also a lack of genuineness to it all, and its 2019 and that just looks sad and hes an old dude who should know better.

I guess some people like it, and good for them, and Maynard can do whatever he wants. But I've never been a fan.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Ragging on Bieber hasn't been cool in like at least 5 years and I feel we all have a responsibility, as a society, to get some new drat jokes

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

value-brand cereal posted:

I've heard rumors he's a sex pest from folks who work on putting up and tearing down sets.

he's likes to put his fist up butts

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
who cares about some band that can’t even make it onto Spotify, jfc

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Tool and Maynard are actually cool, goons just hate everything

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Bieber looks like the type of dude who comes from a wealthy household but still scavenges cigarettes from the local park.

Also, Tool is cool imo.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

that clanky rear end sounding bass tone on their first 2 albums is fuckin awesome

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I stopped being snarky about pop music when i was like, 25. Its embarrassing to do it at age 55, and also Bieber is a talented vocalist.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Maynards entire career is basically 'NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP MOM' , followed up by 60 minutes of whale sounds

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I saw tool in concert and he has the worst stage presence ive ever seen at a show. Hide in the corner with your back to the crowd the whole time? Deep man

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Tool is great; Maynard is a prat.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Wow this must be it for a tool

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah dude is a sex pest as well I heard.

But yeah lol if you’re of legal age and still listen to Tool.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Beiber is cool now?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I remember seeing a ministry set at a festival a few years ago and they still had footage of George W Bush and fox news as their examples of bad america, they old as gently caress.

Trimson Grondag 3 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 17, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

I remember seeing a ministry set at a festival a few years ago and they still had footage of George W Bush and fox news as there their examples of bad america, they old as gently caress.

Well you know you can just go ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Beiber is cool now?

i don't have to accept this

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

teen witch posted:

Yeah dude is a sex pest as well I heard.

But yeah lol if you’re of legal age and still listen to Tool.

Yeah I read an article by a woman that he took backstage when she was very young and it was extremely icky. gently caress that guy.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I legit thought we were talking about one of those weird "mayo" "ketchup" mixed up things like Mayochup

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus wasn’t fuckin whistlin..

:woop:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
While I'm sure being famous can get tiring (let alone with a fan group as "deep" as Tool's) this dude is just a loving dick.

quote:

The progressive metal band Tool has voiced criticism of Scientology. After releasing their first full-length album Undertow in 1993, the band began touring to promote their new work. In May 1993, Tool was scheduled to play the Garden Pavilion in Hollywood but learned at the last minute that the Garden Pavilion belonged to the Church of Scientology, which the band felt clashed with "the band's ethics about how a person should not follow a belief system that constricts their development as a human being".[25] The band's vocalist Maynard James Keenan recalled that he "spent most of the show baa-ing like a sheep at the audience".[26] Scott Schalin reported in Bay Area Music: "Between songs, Keenan, staring first at the lush grounds paid for by devoted L. Ron followers and then into the eyes of his own audience, bayed into the mic like a sheep looking for his shepherd's gate. "Baaaaa! Baaaaa!" the singer bleated."[27] The lyrics to the Tool song "Ænema" contain the phrase: "gently caress L. Ron Hubbard, gently caress all his clones."[28]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKrUaY6hgpM

Long screed on "entitled" fans

Tim and Eric did a pretty good interview in which they make fun of him and his wine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDWYHGCRYY

Dude is a real Tool IMO but he do have the voice of an angel :(

Gay Weed Dad fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 17, 2019

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

immortalyawn posted:

Like WTF was that Perfect Circle nonsense? Fancy dress like Coalchamber or Manson in the 90's but somehow worse.

lol just look at this post

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Perfect Circle had some good songs :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Huh I guess let's have a war was a cover. I take back my previous statement.