Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:synpa:

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Live's first two albums were great. Also Ed Kowalczyk has a cameo in Fight Club.

Also didn't they or at least the lead singer go hardcore Christian later on? So what I'm saying is that Live is what happens when Live has a stroke.

Ed quit/was kicked out of Live for some reason (money/licensing/whatever) and made a couple of sappy, overly-spiritual/Christian albums that nobody bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He's checking you out Beavis.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

veni veni veni posted:

Kind of surreal reading this and thinking "oh hey Isis I haven't thought about them in a while" then looking at my wrist with a fading 20 year old Isis tattoo on it that I frequently forget is even an Isis tattoo and thinking "oh yeah that's isis on my arm" lol.

Anyways, don't get band tattoos. Isis owned before they went all prog metal though. They got boring after Celestial.

a friend of mine in high school got a Coheed and Cambria tattoo which I mean...woof

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

when the replacement guitarist/alakaline trio guy called The Best Show on WFMU he was embarrassed to admit he played for Blink-182 lol.

That’s funny considering Alkaline Trio’s last, uh, 11 records

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dick wizard posted:

I was at this show! He taunted everyone and was like, "mind your Ps and Qs or you'll never get to see your precious Tool. " It was great and MP put on an awesome show despite the Tarrant county trash coming out of the woodwork.
hahahaha nice. yeah that was my introduction to patton for i was a mere babby at the time and had never heard of him or faith no more

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ELI PORTER posted:

a friend of mine in high school got a Coheed and Cambria tattoo which I mean...woof
i'm not a tattoo guy personally but it's probably best to get a tattoo after the band retires / dies as like a tribute. i can see people getting ziggy stardust tattoos or something after bowie kicked the bucket

on the other hand with tool the art is alex grey's vajrayana stuff which gives fans the chance to incorporate their own style on a sleeve or whatever without just stamping a TOOL logo on their lower back, so it doesn't have to be just a TOOL thing and allows for a greater degree of individual expression, and that seems fine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Grey

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 10, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

when the replacement guitarist/alakaline trio guy called The Best Show on WFMU he was embarrassed to admit he played for Blink-182 lol.

"Allegedly" :v:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Pontificating rear end posted:

Title track from the album is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DfQMPmJRI

Best remix of the Age of Empires II music I've ever heard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGmZocEwk_c

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One time at Burning Man I took a group shower in a shipping container while Alex Grey and his wife were painting on stage net to a glitch-house DJ.

It was seriously 30-40 people squeezed into a big box and then they dumped warm soapy foam on all of our naked bodies and then hosed us all off.

I remember looking at the painting as I was dancing and thinking “drat dude, we get it, you like painting striated skinless people” and wondered what I was gonna do for lunch now that I was all clean.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Alkaline Trio guy isn't allowed to be embarrassed about being in Blink 182 when Alkaline Trio is "what if Blink 182 but also emo".

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Alkaline Trio guy isn't allowed to be embarrassed about being in Blink 182 when Alkaline Trio is "what if Blink 182 but also emo".

fuckin' lol at this

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Julius CSAR posted:

fuckin' lol at this

Truly one person has never misunderstood two bands so completely with one post

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
That entire generation of terrible mid-00's pop emo was "Blink 182 but emo".

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Including Blink 182’s self titled album, which was a hard pivot from pop punk to emo.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Cqbk9CJz8

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

I want to give credit for effort but I don't think it counts when it had to be modified that much.

edit: I wish Tool would never get back together

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lmao I just remembered that a girl I dated a lifetime ago had the third eye or whatever from a tool album on the back of her neck

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Bad 2 da (ham) bone

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Imagine being this Rock and Roll. Just feel the rebellious energy.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

maynard working on a tool video game where the final boss resembles a vegan justin bieber

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I can't even

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

printing show tickets on strips of bacon to keep vegans out !! rock an roll baby!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

That's right. My tanning butter is 100% bacon grease! Owned libtards!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

It's actually satisfying to know this is how he turned out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I remember one of my best friends in college going to see APC and coming home bummed because Maynard had been such an rear end in a top hat during the set that he realized that no amount of emotional resonance with the lyrics was worth having to identify as a fan of his because he basically had open contempt for his fans.

I don’t know why I didn’t remember that until now.

I tripped out with a friend and listened to Fear Inoculum and it just sounds like 3 TOOL songs from their previous records stitched together. I hope the rest of the album goes more far put, otherwise this will be the Chinese Democracy of prog Rock

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Man APC was so bad. Their cover of Let's Have a War is criminal. It might actually be worse than that Avril Levine cover of Chop Suey.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Avril Levine cover of Chop Suey.

:confused:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Avril Lavigne. Sorry. It's this.
https://youtu.be/rXofYXDwRK8

Sorry if it's not the best version. Limited internet at the moment.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Avril Lavigne. Sorry. It's this.
https://youtu.be/rXofYXDwRK8

Sorry if it's not the best version. Limited internet at the moment.

now THIS is punk rock

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Um, it's punk rawk, actually.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That bacon picture is so unbelievably lame that it takes the breath away.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

maynard: take this photo of me holding bacon and flipping off the camera. don’t give a gently caress about my fan base

photographer: right, right. the fan base

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Man APC was so bad. Their cover of Let's Have a War is criminal. It might actually be worse than that Avril Levine cover of Chop Suey.

the best one is when she covered fuel by metallica at this live dedication thing and watching the reaction of metallica

the only good cover in that show was by limp biKit

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Just retroactively replace all the creepy stop motion puppets in their videos with Minions, because that's Tool now.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Caesar Saladin posted:

I stopped being snarky about pop music when i was like, 25. Its embarrassing to do it at age 55, and also Bieber is a talented vocalist.

Pretty much.

I also had no idea this dude is old enough to get senior discounts at restaurants now.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

echinopsis posted:

the best one is when she covered fuel by metallica at this live dedication thing and watching the reaction of metallica

the only good cover in that show was by limp biKit

I never thought I’d have to say this, but Sum 41 was by far the most talented performers at that event.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Honest review inbound
https://medium.com/@erehsimublaweneht/tools-fear-inoculum-review-e83e10757ec4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Im not so sure.

Maynard James Keenan posted:

Fear Inoculum.

The song opens with a modulated bell noise. Danny wasn’t in the studio one day, so we decided to have fun with his stupid gong he has set up. I smacked that thing with my schlong really hard and we recorded it. We then pitch shifted it up 3 octaves and there ya go. The cello was recorded by Devo, my breed.